TKR RTKR Done Looking Forward to the Future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phew with the help of @tiredwife I've found my thread.

So good Aussie morning to you all. Hi ho hi ho of to work I go with one crutch in hand after a very wind thunder and lightening and wet day yesterday it's not to bad today :ok: A little cold but at least not wet.

My sleep wasn't to bad last night still woke a few times to roll over and both knees hurt when I do so I just accept that this will go on for a while.:bored:

My right is giving me more pain through out the day the more my ltkr takes control. We need a pic that has the new knee in front and the rest of the body comes after. Not sure if you can imagin what I mean.

Well I'm at my station so have a great night afternoon or day. :)

Julie
 
@jul very glad you found your thread. They can very quickly get shuffled to the back of the pack. Don't work to hard!
 
Hi Jul

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi. I'm sorry to read about your discomfort. I hope it eases eventually for you. Please take care.

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Jul, it is so great to read your perky post. You have come so far since those first dark days of posting. I'm very proud of you and I know it's only going to keep getting better for you. You've learned how to deal with this challenging recovery and you're going to see more and more rewards from here on out. I think you are doing amazingly well for just about 3 months out, especially considering your work requirements. Bravo!!!!
 
@tiredwife thanks I will try not to but it's our busy time of the year. :umm:

@Nana moon 27 Hi Nana moon I hope so to but just have to keep plotting along thanks for your kids words. :)

@Jamie thanks for the lift sometimes I think I'm not doing great I still can't walk to far with out the right knee giving me grief and i get tired quick but just have to think to my self it will get better each day and I'm sure my fitness will come in good time. :walking: Just have to wait.

You are right I will see each day get better just have to keep a look out for those little improvements. Again thanks for your encouragement sit is nice to hear. :)

Julie
 
Hi Guys

Im a little out of sorts today had a bit of a hard day at work and seem to get very emotional quick and that makes it hard to be strong and deal with the people that I have working with me. They just don't understand what we go through and expect a lot more out of you.

I am a team leader were i work and recenlty a co worker has been assisting my supervisor and she has been stepping on my toes ever since trying to tell me how to do my job which i have been doing for 12 odd years and she has just started working in my area in the last 2 years.

She is also the one that told me that my knee op was no were near like her reco. She said that hers was a lot worse and just said I didn't know what i was talking about and also told me to stop using my crutches when I started work again.

Sorry to vent.

To add to that my knee has been funny like a stinging pain all day just to irritate me I know i should have tried to ice but just never go the time. Im still using one crutch as my right knee is giving me grief to the point when Im walking i sometimes think its going to give way and when it does that it hurts so much.

On returning home from work a gentleman i know seen me and started to make fun of me taking a while going over the bridge tonight and thats about 40 steps and just kept making a few jokes and said why am i still using the crutch and am I aloud to use it still.

Gee why are people so ignorant.

Anyway sorry for they ramble people just think you have to man up.

Julie
 
Hi Jul,
I have been "lurking" in the background, reading your posts and watching your progress. I haven't commented before because someone would usually pop up and say what I was thinking. I feel like I have to jump in now though.
First, I'd like to say I think you are a very brave and strong person and you should take a minute to acknowledge that. Giving in to frustration with tears doesn't make you any less remarkable. Don't forget for a moment that you have been through a very serious surgery with a lengthy and complex recovery. You've gone back to work, a little early for many of us, and have been working your full day while your body is doing its full time job of trying to heal. Of course you're tired and in pain! No surprise there at all.
The people around you who feel entitled to tell you where you should be in your recuperation, and who have no understanding about the huge difficulties you are pushing through are the meanest, lowest, most unsupportive bunch I've ever heard of. I think it's important that you don't allow their ignorant comments make you feel weak or bad.
It's astonishing that any of the people have the audacity to offer their unsolicited criticisms. You have been so patient with all that abuse but I think you are letting them whittle you down, and that's just terrible!
When these people question or criticize you you really must play a mental recording telling you that you are doing everything just as you should and YOU ARE AMAZING! Who knows what motivates people to try to discourage and weaken you. That's their own ignorance and ugliness coming out and if you can't tell them all to simply mind their own business, then try very, very hard not to reflect on their words and question yourself.
I'm hoping to go back and lurk in the shadows again now, please take good care of yourself and remember hat all of this is temporary.



TerriM 10/28/13( RTKR)
10/14/14 (LTKR)
 
@tmwillia Hi Terri
I would like to say thank you so much for your encouragement and your kind words and finding the time to give me some support.

I did today for a bit in the ladies room had a cry as i got so frustrated my co workers have not been very supportive at all just saying you will be right I even have a staff member that I am a team leader for not help me while I'm on light duties and I lifted a box and hurt my knee but he just sat there he came from another position and doesn't like his job as it is a bit hard for him so its taken out on me.

I will try to start getting a bit more verbal and tell them to back of.

Please drop by anytime.

Julie
 
@jul Sorry you are having to work with such inconsiderate baboons! We are here for you to vent away, so never feel bad about it! I know my hubby's knee before TKR would feel like they were stabbed and go out on him. It is a good thing to have the crutch just incase your bad knee does go out! Hope things get better for you at work!
 
have been walking up few stairs laterly to get to my car going up is tiring but ok but going down I cant quite do just yet. I am 12 weeks now
It took me 4 months to be able to come downstairs normally so don't fret. There's no musts or oughts about this. It happens when it happens and not one moment before!
I do take panadine ( 500mg paracetamol & 10 mg of codine in 1 tab) and maybe 2 during the day if needed then 2 when i get home and 2 at night I also take a 1000mg naproxcin
You're not making best use of your meds.

First, Naproxen isn't the best of pain meds. It's an NSAID or anti-inflammatory.
Secondly, one tablet of Panadine is not an effective dose. 2 is the minimum. And don't take 'if needed'. In your present situation you need to be taking them prophylacticly which would be 2 tablets every 6 hours. If you find it makes you too sleepy, ask your GP if you can have the codeine tablet separately from the paracetamol so you can choose what to take and when. If he gives you 30mg tablets, just beak them in half when the need arises!
 
Josephine is so right (as usual ;) ) Even still, you need to take pain meds regularly and not let the pain get a hold on you.
Is the "stinging pain" kind of like zaps? We often talk about zingers here--in fact I had some off an on yesterday--we speculate it's the nerves hooking up again.
 
@tmwillia .....what a beautiful and inspring post! My dear, you can come out of the lurker's box any old time. You spoke from the heart and that's just what folks need to hear when going through a challenge.

Jul, don't let the creeps tear you down. I agree that you are amazing and strong. Since you're the team leader, do you have the authority to direct some of these folks to help and to knock off the negative talk? If it continues to be a problem, maybe you could have a chat with your supervisor and tell him/her how conterproductive all this is. I simply cannot believe there are such ugly, spiteful people in this world. One thing too....don't let anyone guilt you into doing something you know is bad for you like lifting or stopping using your crutches. They don't matter. YOU do!!! Do what you know is right for your recovery. To heck with them. When people see you are just going to blow them off, maybe they will stop heckling you. If that fails, slug 'em with your crutch....."Oh, I'm sorry, (fill in person's name)....I must have slipped." ....:heehee:
 
@tiredwife Thanks for your thoughts im glad im not alone and yes they are very incosiderate I don know how people could be like that to be honust I like doing a good job and know I have done it but people can just watch others work hard around them thats what its a little like at work sometimes.:)

@Josephine as @kneeper said you are right as usual I should be taking them around the clock and I have been bad for that as I forget and before you know it I'm hurting. I will speak to my GP and see what else i can take because sometimes i get headaches and I'm not sure if its the codine I never use to but I seem to have a little nagging one at the moment that just won't go away.

Im glad you settled my guilt about what i should be doing and not doing as people do comment about me going down the stairs and I feel like I have to hurry.:sad:

@kneeper I have had that sort of pain but this was a stinging sort of pain consistently but it has gone but today I seem a little swollen so I rest a little.:chinstroke:

@Jamie It was a very nice post form @tmwillia and it is exactly what people like me a big sook sometimes needs.

Thanks for your encouragment sometimes I don't feel strong. I try not to let them but Im not a very confrontational sort of person I handle things differently but do stick up for myself when I need to which i seem to be lately.
I like to run a happy and fun place to work in and make a place you like to come to work but this one person is so miserably nasty and arigant I just can't believe someone wants to be like that.

Since you're the team leader, do you have the authority to direct some of these folks to help and to knock off the negative talk? If it continues to be a problem, maybe you could have a chat with your supervisor and tell him/her how conterproductive all this is.
There lays my problem my supervisor hand passes everything as I did have a bit of a problem I have never had any of these issues in the 14 years I javed worked here.

I simply cannot believe there are such ugly, spiteful people in this world.
I can't either it shocks me My husbands say it doesn't him as he deals with the public all the time.

I will try to be a bit more forward and when people make a comment i will try to ignore it or say something back. They don't no my body and what its going through. If not the crutch will fly.:yes:

Julie
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@jul Hubby has a bunch of those people at work that just sit and let others work themselves to death. Hubby is one of the hard workers (that's why his joints are shot). The sad thing is that the bosses let the lazy ones get away with it and they make about the same amount of money as the hard workers. It is so bad for morale.
 
I am appalled by the treatment you are receiving at work. :shocked:
Pox on those people.
You are doing the very best you can, don't let these Turkeys get to you.:eeeuw:
 
Your situation is one of the reasons I hate the team leader concept. It allows a weak manager to neglect his or her supervisory duties by putting them off onto the team leader, who has no authority to enforce them. Yet, the team leader is held accountable for performance of all team members. That's not how it's supposed to work in the team environment, but sadly it sounds like you may have one of those weaker managers who doesn't like to hold his employees accountable and to actively work to keep problems resolved. There isn't much you can do about that other than what you have mentioned. Speak up when you need to...calmly and hopefully without emotion and let the offending employee know you won't tolerate it. Turn around and walk away if you can. It might help you to document each of the events that are problems with dates, times and what happens...just facts that are performance related, no emotion. If it's a personal attack on you that's not related to the job, document that too.....it's harassment and your company should have rules preventing an employee from creating a hostile work environment. If all this fails....then......implement the crutch!:snork:
 
[Bonesmart.org] RTKR Done Looking Forward to the Future

Happy halloween from Aus on this beautiful 31deg day. I no its tomorrow there but its today here. Its a shame I am at work but its a public holiday Tuesday so its not t bad.
 
Halloween is a holiday in Nevada, same day as admission to the union.
Love your balloons.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom