Guest viewing is limited

TKR Right knee revision

Finished leg warmer! Now to make the second one. It's teal, the picture doesn't capture the colour well. [Bonesmart.org] Right knee revision
 
Wow, how talented you are! I bet many would want one. I do!
 
It’s beautiful! I’ve heard of prosthetic knee ache in the cold and this is a great idea :)
 
Thank everyone. I looked at my legs in the mirror last night and realized that the left leg is soooo much smaller than the right. Time to start wearing my compression stockings.

Anyone on the ODIC bench today? You know how misery loves company! I actually hope there's no one else here. I have definitely pushed my boundaries to far the past few days. Today is rest day. Lots of elevation.
 
Anyone on the ODIC bench today? You know how misery loves company! I actually hope there's no one else here. I have definitely pushed my boundaries to far the past few days. Today is rest day. Lots of elevation.
LOL.... ask me later! I'm heading to the gym in a bit, where I hope to increase my recumbent bike time a bit and maybe even increase the resistance a wee tiny smidgen!
Meanwhile, hang in there.
PS we had hard freezes the past few nights and your lovely leg warmer reminded me I have an old pair put away. Just what I needed to line my jeans before taking a walk!!!!!
 
Today is rest day. Lots of elevation.
Ice too, if you can.
I'm sorry you're in the ODIC, hopefully it's a short stint. Haven't read a good review on the place yet! :wink:
 
Oooh, just caught the leg warmer pic! I didn't scroll up enough initially.
Boy, that's some work, CatieViv! Great handiwork with the different types of fancy stitching! Is that what you'd call it, stitching? My ignorance is showing. :blush:
What a great talent to have. I'm not a seamstress, nor do I crochet or knit so I appreciate your skill.
Have a great evening!
@CatieViv
 
@Layla yes, you call them stitches! That crochet and actually not really fancy I have done much more complicated work. This believe it or not, is all one piece.

As for the ODIC, the pain has settled for the most part. The elevation feels good but Miss Knee has declared she doesn't like ice anymore, for any length of time. Finicky
 
The elevation feels good but Miss Knee has declared she doesn't like ice anymore, for any length of time. Finicky
The knees know what they want and as long as we obey them, we are much happier!
 
The elevation feels good but Miss Knee has declared she doesn't like ice anymore, for any length of time. Finicky
I’m kind of at this point also, until it starts to feel warm and burning around kneecap, then I/E still helpful. I’m still using it after extension stretches also as I want to keep swelling down behind the knee so I don’t end up with a baker cyst. But mostly compression and elevating (and keeping moving in between) controls my swelling. My muscles need a heat pack at the same time I ice. The soft tissues around the knee are my personal grouches!
 
My knee reached the "don't ice me" phase about a month ago, maybe more, and has only requested it twice since then. It does appreciate the Lounge Doctor about 1 evening out of 2 or 3; the other evenings it's happy with a pillow on the coffee table.
I have decided the "baby knee" metaphor is quite apt: needs TLC, complains loudly, and as it grows into toddlerhood it develops very strong preferences and the ability to specify them :heehee:
 
George, my ice machine, was never far from my side the first 6 weeks. I think I am going to try putting the pad under my knee and see if that helps with the achiness I get there. The swelling is mostly there and on the medial side.
 
George, my ice machine, was never far from my side the first 6 weeks. I think I am going to try putting the pad under my knee and see if that helps with the achiness I get there. The swelling is mostly there and on the medial side.
I did just that to reduce discomfort on the slightly bulging underside! No need to close it round your knee, just lay the knee on it
 
Did George and Miss Knee break up?
Say it isn’t so! :bawl:

At a certain point in my recovery, my knee decided it didn’t like ice without also having heat on my hip and/or thigh. Seemed like my muscles tightened up with just the ice. It might have also been because by then it was winter and I was so cold! Elevation always felt good and still does if I’ve worked it hard.

Just listen to your knee and you’ll see what works for her. Maybe she just wants to see George occasionally. :wink:
 
My friends think I'm crazy for naming all of my devices. You have to have a sense of humor when you require all this stuff to live. My first insulin pump with remote/ blood glucose meter were Lucy and Ethel! And my car is Blueberry Gracie.
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom