Guest viewing is limited

TKR Right knee revision

Glad you’re on the other side of this! Rest and relax as much as you can!
 
A quiet day today. I had a shower and now it's time for a nap. Lucy is not complaining thankfully. I think she likes the rest. Still lots of swelling in my leg but no pain. As for this recent surgery, I am not in a lot of pain. So far today, I have only needed Tylenol. Still taking Meloxicam.
 
Glad you're not in a lot of pain, CatieViv.
I hope you have a nice evening and sleep well tonight.
@CatieViv
 
Had a good sleep last night. More pain today but it's settling down this evening. Yay for pain meds!:yay:
Now about Lucy:
Just got my surgical report for my revision. OS did do some releases which explains a lot of the quad pain. My patella was tracking laterally and there was a groove there. A patellar button was added. Physio measured me at 110 flexion and -10 extension on day 1, before all the swelling hit!

I was right that something was going on inside my knee. If anyone on staff is able to understand the medical mumbojumbo better than me, let me know and I will scan in the report so you can read it.
 
It also says that "the femoral component might be slightly internally rotated in the first instance"
 
Sounds validating of your decision to undergo revision. Must have been scary to have to face doing it all over again.
I still feel like something just isn’t right with my knee - kneecap pain still far worse than pre-op 3 months out. I still have my original kneecap (that had arthritic changes but I guess not enough to warrant a resurfacing, which would require some bone removal). And pain in my patellar tendon region that limits how much single leg flexion I can do (going down stairs normally is impossible).
Can I ask what your symptoms were that led to decision? I know your patella tendon was injured, but I’m assuming other stuff was going on as well?
 
I had major swelling that wouldn't go away and pain with any amount of walking. Once the patella tendon healed, these other things never went away. I couldn't get flexion past 90. My niece said I walked like a penguin :heehee:, she could feel it when I carried her. Walking a couple of blocks caused so much pain I had to take Tramadol.

When I was trying to decide if I would go through with the revision, I went away for a weekend. Only a 2 hour drive away. With all the stops we made on the way, I was in so much pain. The next day, I walked a few blocks with my walker and was completely done in for the rest of the day. That's what made me realize I didn't have any life for the past 5 years nor would I without the revision.
 
Had a good sleep last night. More pain today but it's settling down this evening. Yay for pain meds!:yay:
Now about Lucy:
Just got my surgical report for my revision. OS did do some releases which explains a lot of the quad pain. My patella was tracking laterally and there was a groove there. A patellar button was added. Physio measured me at 110 flexion and -10 extension on day 1, before all the swelling hit!

I was right that something was going on inside my knee. If anyone on staff is able to understand the medical mumbojumbo better than me, let me know and I will scan in the report so you can read it.
You can PM me the report or post it here, depending on what your comfortable with. I'm very accustomed to interpreting into plain English!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Right knee revision [Bonesmart.org] Right knee revision
 
@CatieViv Your reading of the op report is accurate. The rest just describes the handling of anatomy to get there, the tools used, etc.
 
Thank you. Merry Christmas to you from my 7 kitties and me! baby-jesus
 
Merry Christmas, CatieViv!
I hope you have a lovely day and you're feeling better since your procedure.
:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom