Guest viewing is limited

TKR Right knee revision

If you have any questions about the Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) please tag me and ask away. Will be glad to help.
Don't get discouraged, you will need to do the above techniques daily or maybe even at least twice a day.
 
Today I drove an hour and 20 minutes to visit my sister. We went to a few stores and had lunch out. It was a lovely day and not cold. The snow from the other day was so pretty on the trees but not enough to affect walking. I made sure I used my cane and did very well. Just hard to carry much with one hand! No pain from the driving. I am stiff and swollen right now but that's nothing new! Shall have to see what Miss Knee says through the night.

I stopped at Starbucks and treated myself to a beautiful decaf Americano when I got back to the city! @mendogal It kills me to spend almost $5 on a coffee but it was so good ☕
 
What a lovely day!!!!!! So pleased for you! :yay: :yahoo:

My usual at our roaster is a 6 ounce decaf decadent mocha (extra dark choc, a touch of salt on the rim) but they have been playing with seasonal drinks so after my first walk it was a small ginger orange cardamom latte (never ever pass up cardamom in coffee) and the following week was a small sesame pistachio latte.
 
Those sound so good. I have to be careful with the sugar in my drinks but I will check out cardamon next time I go to the local shop!
 
Pre-op yesterday for my hysterectomy. It's an hour away and I drove there. Lots of sitting in the car and waiting rooms. Extremely tired when I got home but no pain! I have another busy day today. And going to our community theater tonight to see A Christmas Story. I think tomorrow is going to be a rest day.

I took my first shower standing today! It was quick but so great to be able to stand. Still have a lot of swelling. I didn't get to elevate at all yesterday. Hopefully I will get a chance today.
 
Hello and Happy Wednesday CatieViv,
It's great that you had no pain after the activity of the day. Lots of sitting can be tough early on. It seems it doesn't really help with residual swelling.

I'll bet taking the shower, standing, felt like an accomplishment. :yay:
Ice and elevation is best for the swelling when you can carve out time. Hopefully tomorrow, as you mentioned.
Enjoy A Christmas Story tonight...it sounds like fun!
@CatieViv
 
Congrats! It’s funny because I’ve always been more of a hot bath person, but after surgery being able to take a nice warm shower feels so good!
 
I've been trying to rest as much as possible to get some of this swelling down from a busy week. Unfortunately, I ended up with more swelling tonight after helping my aunt this evening. Absolutely no bending when I walk. The pain has settled now that I am in bed. Unfortunately, I don't think I am going to get a lot of rest until I get to recovery on Tuesday. I have to be at the hospital for 6 am. It's an hour away. This time, I need to make sure I don't forget my charger. I won't have anyone close by to bring me one.
 
Will be thinking of you on Tuesday as you undergo the hysterectomy, CatieViv.
Wishing you all the best and hope you're back home quickly resting in your comfiest spot.
It's the week leading up to Christmas already! Where does time go?!!
Wishing you a week of comfort and peace. @CatieViv
:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:
 
I'm glad you are through that surgery and Lucy is behaving. I bet she'll like the extra rest! Sleep well.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom