Guest viewing is limited

TKR Right knee revision

Family dinner yesterday and then church. I was so tired! I asked my friend and her husband to drive me and my car home after church. Was in bed by 9! I guess I am not quite ready for lots of activities :driver:
 
At least you made it to church. Today can be a total rest day.
 
The healing continues. Lucy is enjoying the rest days. I was out and about and exhausted myself going to my GP and a couple of errands. I now have an ear infection in my right ear. My poor body is so confused. Thankfully my incisions are healing nicely. The usual bruising. I thought it was going to be much worse on my hands as it took 5 tries to get as n IV in. I ended with 2, one in each hand as the one in my right hand gave out after the revision. I guess they weren't going to take any chances this last time.
 
Ok, you need a break dear CatieViv! I am sorry you're dealing with an ear infection. I hope it is not too painful and heals quickly. The New Year will be better! :yes:
@CatieViv
 
Three Months to date today since your revision.
I hope you’re having a good day, CatieViv. You’ve dealt with a lot lately. :console2:
Thanks for sharing your journey and for all the support you offer others here.
Hugs
@CatieViv
 
I can't believe it's 3 months. Today has been a rest day. I was out for a few errands yesterday and was totally exhausted again. I don't recommend recovering from 2 surgeries at once. And an ear infection. Lucy is doing well, very little pain. But then I am not able to do much these days. Just walking. And not much of that.

Here's to another month of recovery and improvement.
:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:
 
3 weeks post most recent surgery. I still tire easily. I was hoping to go to the gym to do some easy pedalling on the bike but I just don't have the energy for that yet. And maybe it's too soon.

Standing for more than a few minutes causes pain and swelling so I try not to do that but sometimes it can't be avoided. I've noticed that the more active I am, the more swelling I have. I have to remind myself 3 months out of 12.

Good news: putting my boots on today, I was able to put put the shoehorn in my boot before I put my foot in. Yes, that's the way you are supposed to do it but I haven't been able to do that for way too many years. Usually I have to put my toes in and then slide the shoehorn in. Baby steps!:yes:
 
3 weeks postop, yep, even though it was laparoscopic it sounds early to be pedaling at the gym.

Yay for shoehorns and boots!!!!
 
Keep listening to your body, as you are, CatieViv. If you're not feeling the energy to go to the gym, it's not time.

Swelling can last for months, even six months to a full year post op, per my OS and its common to increase after a day of activity. Don't give up on icing to manage swelling. It narrows the blood vessels in the region, decreasing the flow of fluid to the area, decreasing the swelling. Then there's elevation, toes above nose. This helps to get the fluid back to the body, from the legs. You can do ankle pumps while elevating also.

I have mentioned this before, but will again because sometimes we forget things due to information overload.
It is our lymph system that rids the body of fluid (swelling). So you want to get the fluid to the lymph nodes in your torso area so your body can more quickly process it. The lymph system works rather slowly on its own and much more efficiently with the assistance of gravity. The fluid isn’t draining into the hips, but contained with the lymph system and moving to the torso and lymph nodes located there.
Have a great Wednesday!
@CatieViv
 
It will get better. Give yourself a little grace and pampering, you have been through a lot and your body does not want more right now I think.
 
Thanks everyone. I will indeed give my body some grace. And thanks for the reminder @Layla.
It's not hard to hibernate now that the snow has arrived!
 
My sister and I are away for a couple of days. 2 1/2 hour drive for me. She doesn't drive. I did 5000 steps yesterday and didn't need to take pain meds! I did have some pain last night but it settled. I woke up in the night with my quads on the left side active. It felt like my cat was tapping my leg right above the knee. It quickly went away but it was the strangest feeling.

Thankfully we got to our hotel before the freezing rain got bad. We stayed in for the rest of the day. Out today to do some shopping.
 
Wow, sounds like you did great! I think I’d have trouble driving even an hour (unless I was on an empty road and could use cruise control.)

Did you take anything for icing? I’m about to plan a trip and thinking I will take plastic bags for ice at the hotel and on the plane.
 
Yes, I brought Ziploc bags. Unfortunately I was too tired last night to go down and get ice. I will definitely make sure to get some today when we get back. Ice machine only on 1st and 3rd floors and we are on 4, all the way down at the end of the hall! I booked an accessable room so it has bars in the bathroom.
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom