Guest viewing is limited

TKR Right knee revision

Apparently Miss Knee doesn't like cold weather! I am sure I could feel my prosthetic getting cold the moment I stepped outside today. I'm going to have to come up with a knee warmer for this winter. Brrr!
 
A much better night. And another victory this morning. It was easier to put my sock on my right foot. And sitting on the side of the bed, I was able to bend my knee closer to the bed without pain or pushing it
Hoorah for functional milestones! And for being able to get to the gym already! ( I’m hoping for that soon, but the drive, walk in, change rooms, etc are still a bit much for me, but I bet it will be a great mental health boost when I can).
 
My almost 7 year old PKR still doesn’t like the cold, not even the refrigerator section of the grocery store! It’s such a drama Queen!
 
@Fluttershy It was a short visit. No changing and no working hard enough to break out in a sweat! But wonderful. I am going to get back to upper body workouts as soon as I get more energy.
It’s such a drama Queen!


Miss Knee and Miss Hippy, both right side, are fighting for that title !
 
Apparently Miss Knee doesn't like cold weather! I am sure I could feel my prosthetic getting cold the moment I stepped outside today.
I agree! About 4 years ago we had snow and a below 0 spell. For central Virginia, that's rare. I bundled up and went out to shovel the walkways. After about 30 minutes my 3-year-old new knee started aching like crazy. It did feel like it got cold inside my body. It took a few hours for the ache to go away. Leg warmers are a very good idea, especially in extreme cold.
 
Yes! I used a leg warmer sometimes on my knee last winter, along with a heating pad on my hip and thigh and warm sweat pants or fuzzy pajama pants. I just could not get my leg warm enough, which is not like me (I usually run hot). Hand knitted leg warmers sound dreamy!
 
My arthritic joints don't like the cold. If it wasn't for helping with grandkids we would spend longish periods of the Winter somewhere warmer like Madeira.
My knee currently is a bit more achey but I have two unoperated bits in my partial and I think it is those rather than my operated lateral compartment.
Having said that I think this surgery does affect the circulation in some strange ways. I have longstanding poor peripheral circulation with rather mottled purplish lower limbs when it is even slightly chilly.
Even at over a year out, my operated leg is noticeably more mottled than the non surgery side. I think there are many subtle changes to nerves and circulation that suegeons probably never ask about or notice unless they cause more major problems.
 
Pics of my crocheted leg warmers coming up as soon as the first one is finished!

2 month update. I can't believe it's been that long.
Saw my OS today. Or rather, I saw his resident. Overall, they are very pleased with my progress. Said scar has healed really well. I see a physiotherapist at the hospital in 2 months.

I'm still finding heel toe walking takes concentration. I am continuing to use the walker to help with this. Pain is considerably less but I still get aches and stabbing especially if I have pushed the boundaries being out and about. Taking Meloxicam 2x day and Tylenol 1000 mg 3x. I have been forgetting to take the Tylenol in the afternoon lately which I see as a good thing.

I'm going to start slowly with the stationary bike at the gym on Friday. Will follow the Bonesmart guidelines and go really easy. I'm also going to try to get in the pool once a week. My right hip is trying to be a Drama Queen and wants some of the attention!

Sleep is slowly getting better. I think the magnesium is helping. Driving is more comfortable. I can get in and out of the car easier than before surgery.

I know I have lots of healing left. Doing my best to be patient. I am going to ride my bike this spring!
 
I'm still finding heel toe walking takes concentration.
It really does. Felt unnatural to me!

Lots of positives in your update. Feeling strong enough to start the stationary bike, ready to attempt the pool, better sleep, driving with more ease...You're on your way, CatieViv!
Will be watching for a pic of the leg warmers! :wink: Have a nice Thursday!
 
What a great update! :SUNsmile:
 
Another victory: I made it through the church service today without a lot of squirming! Usually I have to keep shifting my position in order to be comfortable. Not today. Then I went to a store on the way home. Have to see if that was too much. I am trying to stretch my boundaries a little at a time.

I also went to visit my 92 year old aunt (almost 93) and had dinner with her and my cousin on Thursday. It was great to be able to see her as I haven't been there since before surgery. Aunt Vi is one amazing lady. She fell and broke her hip just before COVID started, age 90. Had 3 surgeries before she had a partial replacement. She hadn't ever been in hospital except to have her kids!
 
Another victory: I made it through the church service today without a lot of squirming!
Yay! That is cause for a celebration. You even went to the store afterward. Wow! I hope you will ice and elevate the rest of the day.

I went back on my fourth week out, took an ice pack, and laid my leg across the back pew. It wore me out but I was thrilled to get back!
 
I am definitely resting this afternoon. I have been going to church since week 3. First time was exhilarating but exhausting. Sat at the back with my leg on a chair. Every Sunday since I have had to prop my leg up on the walker. Not today!

Ps. Photo of my leg warmer should be up this afternoon! Almost done #1.
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom