Revision TKR Revision Completed...Ready to get back to my life...<

Status
Not open for further replies.
JustmeT,
My condolences on the sudden loss of your Husband, sending positive thoughts to you and your family.

4.5 cm is a large leg length difference, that is about 1 3/4 inches. Your PT should do a thorough evaluation of your pelvis and back to see if some of the LLD is coming changes in either or both of those places. Be sure you have the right lift in your other shoe so you don't injure something else.

:console2:
 
I am so sorry to hear about your husband. Please take care of yourself.
 
I feel for you - I can think of no greater wrench than to lose ones life partner.
 
Just wanted to tell you how sad I am for you. Sounds like he let you know how important your health was to him. Glad you are honoring him by taking care of yourself.
 
@Pumpkln Thank you for explaining that to me. We are as OK as we can be...the kids are back in school, I am trying to get us in a routine to make it easier on them.
 
It could be a change in the position of your pelvis giving you a LLD, the spacer size is to help balance the knee, tendons, and ligaments so you are stable. Your PT should be able to help you figure out what is going on. Ask your OS at your next visit why you have a LLD.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@JustmeT,

I am glad to see you posting again my friend!

Leg length discrepancy happened with me after I had first TKR. I had to stand om my tippy toes to try and match the leg length of the other.

What I found out was that I had ground down both knees and after replacing both knees I was back to 5'9 1/2! I had been 5'8 with the knees ground down.
 
@Pumpkln how would the position of a person's pelvis change after a knee replacement? I couldn't find much information on this LLD when I Googled it.
 
@RestAssured Thank you! I found it very hard to post, I forced myself to do it, I figured once I do it for the first time it will get easier.

That's what I have to do, stand on my tippy toes with my right leg now. I am 5' tall but now on my left side I am almost 5'2".
 
JustmeT,
Your pelvis can rotate, forward backward, up, and down, and more. Causing a LLD, this is known as a functional LLD, because it can be changed with manual therapy, specific exercise, and so on. A LLD caused by your implant, or the situation Sonja had, is a structural LLD, you would need to accommodate for it with an insert in the shoe on the short side. Because Sonja needed a TKR on the other knee (short side), it was taken care of with the TKR.
Your PT, OS, or GP can help you with determining what is causing your LLD.
Until then you need a lift, in your shoe on the short side, regardless of the cause, your PT can help you with this.
 
I think I officially joined the ODIC today! I did today what I would have left for husband to do at this stage of the game. Being the only parent to two young kids, I have to do what needs to be done specially now. I am weaning myself off the daytime pain meds in the hopes I can drive again soon. I have to get someone to drive me and the kids, I don't have my husband to do it for us now. It's been hard to try and not overdo it, I just keep reminding myself of the promise I made...

I keep getting a ache in my tibia usually in the evenings, I ice it but it takes a long time to ease off. I am wondering if this a normal ache/pain with a knee replacement?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom