Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Revision Completed...Ready to get back to my life...<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you have problems with your PKR recovery? Quite frankly, the conversion to a full TKR shouldn't be any worse and quite possibly may be a bit easier for you. Tell me what you're worried about and maybe we can help reassure you or provide some ideas to help make things easier.
 
Ahhh....I see. Tell me more about what you tried for pain and what the problems were. Was there a pain med that finally was able to help you?
 
I tried a couple different pain medications, tramadol and tramacet. Both gave me a very bad stomach, which was worse than the knee so I had to quit taking them. Morphine makes me sick and codeine just does a weird number on me. Those are all that I have tried, I don't know if there is anything else I can take or try to take.
 
There is percocet or hydrocodone. Or, if your surgeon didn't give you something for the nausea, that could be tried with any of them that upset your stomach. The nausea is a fairly common reaction with pain meds and one that can usually be helped by the anti-nausea medication.
 
@Jamie

The pain medication really hurts my stomach....to the point where its worse than the knee! I have tried different ones and have taken Zantac but it hasn't worked...been taking the pain meds with food and drinking lots of fluids but my stomach really protests so I am trying to do it without anything...been trying to get an appointment with my FD but to no avail because someone mentioned a pain patch, the OS that did my knee last Wednesday said no, we will try Toradol first.

It isn't nausea that's the problem, its the pain in my stomach from the meds!
 
Oh....I see. Just keep talking with your doctors then. There still are other choices out there.
 
II had bad knees from work. Had several scopes. Ins decided my age weight a partial was good. Cause 1 side was damages and I had tears and arthritis. So the doc who was suppose do knee moved to Florida. Great more pain. I had start over. Had to a few other times before. Cause docs in Ky weird.


I could not bend good and I drug my right leg. Walking was painful. Felt like my knee was going rip out of skin. Was not able to do our door excerise. Or things Iove to do. Could not even ride a bike. I was getting depressed. So I said God please help me get my life back.

I had a partial Dec 1 by Dec 18 I was in agony. It would pop,lock,and throw me forward like. And I had pain,pin needle feelings,and numbness. I was a winey windy member lol. But I try lots Meds. Made me sick. Try pt was agony.
And it caused me a lot of pain.
To where I could not get around good. I got agervated.



So asked on here for help. And they found me a doc. I made apt.
I went to see a doc for 2nd opinion. And he told me it was lose and my knee cap was not holding and not glide right. Among other issues. I was told so much by so many. So he said it be waiting list. And they have to start from scratch. Work X-rays and getting records and do his options. I said no I can't wait.

So I went back to original and he was busy. He had students in there. So make long story short. They all came in and saw it. I would move it and u hear it snap. You would see it move as it was going to pop. They never saw it before. So he came in. He knew i was in agony.



Had continue pt in gym. Home herb was bad lazy and hurt me.

He got me X-rays and it like kill me. They did lots views. Ams lay me on table on belly and bend knee up. Oh my gosh was I in tears. And went back in room. So he and all students was talking. They never saw it. They was amazed. One I think was scared. She would not turn around.

Anyways he was talking to me. I was honest. I said i have a friend who helped me get second opinion. I went and they said my knee was bad. Cause I thought you was mad at me and did not want to help.

I don't know if he was mad. More ashamed I think. The other doc that works in there came in to. They all talking. He said we must do what is called convention. That is making the partial to full. So he was very apologetic. So good sign. So he got hold ins. And said was emergency.

So I had the 2nd procedure done. Convention/revision.

And let me tell you it is been more painful. But that is going away. As long as I listen to my knee and don't over do it.
And don't let noooo one push you. It will olny make it worse. I learned my lesson. Had to fire some pt 1st go around. 2nd was great. And did not push me.



I can ride stationary bike. 4 weeks after sugary. My bend was 60 know it's 114. Extension was 24 know it's 5-2 depend on how much ececerise I do. But that is the best thing they did for me.

I learned to be stern sign docs and Home health and therapist. And you should make sure the doc listen to you.


With all that being said. You deserve to live a happy pain free life. And do the things cranky knees won't allow you to do.


This sight helped me a lot. Questions I asked. Some one who was going through it. Went through it. Or was going through it at time. Had a answer.
The answers may not have been the same. But they all was helpful.
I leaned about how recovery would be. Meds,excerise,elevating,


If they did not have a answer they would tag some one who could help. It's awesome.


I hope you get your issue fixed. You don't deserve to be in pain. You need your life back. It's a roller coaster. Amd harder recovery depend on person. But at the end it's well worh it.


Good luck.




FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
@Jamie

I see the Dr again on June 1st, pain relief will be one of the things I will discuss with him. I have a tear/strain type thing in my right quad, tried an anti-inflammatory with stomach protection, took it for one day that was it, couldn't take any more.
 
@Angel1978

Thanks for your comment! Wow, you have been through a lot, hope things continue to mover forward for you!



Thanks I'm good. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx recovery is hard. But we all can do it. Best of luck to you...


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
I wonder if there are some sort of pain patches they could try with your sensitive stomach. I hope the doc gives you some good alternatives.
 
@kneeper
When I see him on June 1st I will discuss this issue with him. Hope there has been something new come around since 2012...
 
Thanks. Hope all goes good for you... I know tears and strains is agervating.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
I saw the OS today...my knee looks about the same on the ex-ray today as it did in January, its has a slight change but nothing too drastic. The problem now though is that its affecting my right leg because I am compensating all the time for the left knee. Soooooooooo, I cannot put it off too much longer before I will have the revision done, its to be early in October! I am relieved that the decision is made but anxious because I am so not ready to go down this road!!!

I have a few months to wrap my brain around this...:hairpulling:, not sure I can but will have to try!
 
I had a revision. And it fill 100 percent better. Reason I had one is cause I had partial Dec 1 2014 and by Dec 18 Pop lock. Check my thread out.


I do know what you mean about other knee give u problems.
Best of luck. Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom