Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Revision Completed...Ready to get back to my life...<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Just,

Since I missed it the first time, and I'm sure you were fabulous, we will consider that a practice run! :happydance:

Let me know when the REAL thing is to commence, so I can make plans accordingly! Of course we will want to put the film in miraculous recoveries of Bone Smarties, so I MUST be there to authenticate it! After all, we wouldn't want someone trying to get credit for something they didn't do correctly, now would we?!! :rotfl: JustmeT
 
Of course I was fabulous....:egypdance: Figjam...and no I cannot translate that Aussie acronym here, lol! Trust me though on it, :rotfl: ! I will have to go though all of it again and set up another day of bungee/sky diving/jumping and get the invitations out...lol! Would you like your invitation embossed? :angel: RestAssured
 
I am so happy to hear this---wonderful news and now you can go full steam ahead.
 
skigirl Thank you...it is a good feeling and now I am confident that I can go go go! I just need to learn how to manage the shin splints until it gets better...not wanting this to slow me down now! :)
 
I'm just a 'regular' ol Country Gal so the invitation needs no embossing! That wuld embarad me too puel Ann embased envetation OT ov mine male box! The naigheburs wuld thank I wuz goinz uptoew an theey meight nought envite mee too thee nexaxt possaum BBQ!
 
Hi Tessa (waving)! I've finally had time to catch up on your thread a bit and WOW! have you had a summer or what? I'm so glad about your pain being shin splints instead of something more serious; I know you want to be moving, going, doing! Take care! :)
 
Thanks Lori-M! I am having a wonderful summer, the weather has been great and the kids are having a blast! All their summer programs were over yesterday so for the next 3 weeks we are going to go with the flow and just have fun.

I have been able to walk everyday usually between 5-15 kilometers (5 - 9 miles) most of the time depending on the route we take. My knees are actually handling it much better than the shin, lol, of course I knew that was to be. I bought a very good pair of cross-trainers and its been much better for the shins. I even ran a little a couple of days ago, never did I think I would do that again, :egypdance: !

In the end its been all worth it I think, the trials with the left knee... I can't say yet that I love the left knee yet because it still goes out at times but I am getting there...lol!

How are you doing Lori, how's the knee coming along?
|
 
Ok here is the thing I need to ask about...when I am standing from a sitting position or sometimes walking my (L) knee goes out or sorta, but its at the top of my knee, its a quick and sharp pain that goes away quickly but it has been happening more often as of late. Just wondering if anyone has had an issue such as this or anything? (Josephine)?
 
Hi there, Tessa. How long has this been happening? If recent, sounds like a touch of tendinitis.

Can you tell the the exact location of your pain using this chart?



Each square needs the number for the row (horizontal) and the column (vertical) to identify it. Also say if it's front or back.



When you've done that, I'll come back and talk with you some more.



[Bonesmart.org] Revision Completed...Ready to get back to my life...<
 
How long has this been happening? This has been an ongoing issue for some time but its more frequent now. I can be walking along and its like my knee catches and a sharp intense pain, but subsides quickly. The same thing happens when I go from sitting to standing but its like my left leg is off balance and I am tilted a little to the side when I stand until the pain recedes.
Can you tell the the exact location of your pain using this chart? L4 C and D the area where they meet, its more front than but sometimes I can feel it in the medial area as well.


I hope I have explained myself well enough here...I have been having a problem trying to articulate just what has been happening.

Josephine
 
Also it would help if you had defined 'ongoing' and 'more frequent'!

Its been "ongoing" for a 6 months or more just that it didn't happen very often so I tended to not worry about and thought it just one of those recovery things that crop up now and again. "More frequent" means that it is happening everyday now and a few times a day.

Its more on the top towards the inside of my knee than the lateral so I really don't think its an IT Band issue, I have had that with my right leg and this is totally different.

@Josephine
 
Thanks for the explanation. Actually, I mistook my medial for lateral! Of course it's not ITB but it could be broken link removed: https://drjasongray.ca/injury_library/pes_anserinus_tendinitis.html! That site has a very good description of the condition which I think you would relate to.

 
Thank you Josephine this could very well be what I have. I read what you linked to me and there are some of the symptoms I am experiencing:
Signs and Symptoms


  • Gradual onset of pain at, or just below the anterior-medial aspect of the knee
  • Pain will usually be aggravated by climbing up stairs
  • Stiffness or tightness may be present in the groin, thigh, or hamstrings
  • Tenderness and/or swelling just below the medial knee
 
The Baker's Cyst, its been about a year for that now...! It seems to be getting better at times then I manage to do something to aggravate it again, one day it will be gone I hope, lol! Josephine
 
If you read the article I left for you, you will see that the cyst is actually a part of the normal anatomy of the knee. In which case it is in its nature to come and go, that's their function.
 
Yes I have read the link and I am aware of what the Baker's Cyst is. The 1st time I had trouble with it was when I tried riding my bike last year, I went to physio, on the recommendation of my OS, but that aggravated it further. Its been a process for sure this baker's cyst and it's taking a lot of time and patience getting it better.
Josephine
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom