Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Revision again

It was reading all the negative stuff about MUAs that led me to be so scared of one! That's why I felt it was important to highlight that they can be very positive. Of course I had a very experienced and cautious surgeon and a kind and well trained PT. I trusted them eventually and was glad that did.
 
There is a right time and situation for an MUA and in those circumstance having one is helpful.
But too often an MUA seems to be done when a bit more patience would render it unnecessary.

Best wishes for yours, @patsortho - and I hope it does the trick.
 
I also wish you well on Tuesday. Just remember to start moving that knee slowly and gradually build up movement
 
I hope everything turns out the way you want it to today!
 
Sending you all the best wishes for a good and steady recovery. One day at a time. We're cheering for you. Follow the Bone Smart mantra!
 
Yay, it's now in your rear view window and you are on the path to normal bending! I wish I could answer your question, but I cannot. Hopefully someone will come along soon to provide you with that answer. As others have already stated, be good to yourself in the coming weeks and treat that knee with respect. :SUNsmile:
 
Now, that you had the MUA, you have to do the same thing you did for the knee replacement. Do not exercise this knee. It needs to heal. It has been traumatized again and PT and exercise will just add to that trauma. He got a great bend, but it's going to swell, which will make it not bend. It's impossible to bend a hose full of water. That's is how your knee will be. No amount of exercise will reduce that swelling, only add to it. Rest, ice, and elevate for as long as necessary.
 
The night of my MUA I was on a cpm until the next morning. Once I got up again I was able to sit on a chair with my feet flat in the floor for the first time since my TKR. It felt wonderful! I was so happy to have a knee that bent.
I took it easy for the next few days and it didn't swell as much as I'd thought it would. After that it was just steady progress. I didn’t measure the bend nor did I need to. As time has gone on its just fine. My only problem is my other knee unfortunately :-(
I hope your result is as good as mine was.
 
I also hope you have a good result, but rest and more rest is what you need now so that your soft tissues can heal.
 
UPDATE: been on CPM for an hour and I reached 118! Big deal for me before I was reaching a 40. I did get a block so we will see how I do tomorrow at PT lol
 
Don't be in a hurry and don't do a lot at PT. Slow and gentle is the way to go.
 
Just beware of doing too much at PT. You need to go into this very gently. The soft tissues of your knee have been torn and they need time to heal. Over-exercising will just make everything more inflamed and will set back your recovery.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom