Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Revision again

My scar widened then flattned out. Let us know what the ID says.
 
Saw ortho today. He wants me to see pain management before my MUA. Has anyone experienced this? I do not like pain pills and he is aware. Also he said on top of MUA he is gonna scope me because knee is so bad.
 
I went to pain management for my left knee in the 80s. They had me use heat then ice, heat then ice. It is supposed to confuse the nerves so they stop hurting. It would help for a while, then the pain would come back. Too be sure they have something more long lasting today than they did 30 years ago! Good luck with it. I hope it helps.
 
Where I live in PA, PCPs, orthos etc. cannot prescribe long term pain meds. So maybe he's just looking for some help for you going forward.
 
It's getting that way everywhere in the states, KarriB. If the doctors don't restrict you, the insurance companies will! I think looking for alternative ways to dull the pain is a good idea. I'm hoping I'll have that Q pump system for my next tkr!
 
Yes, that's why I'm suggesting that may be the case for patsortho. Her OS may have done all he can for her pain wise.
 
I'm going in for my MUA on Tuesday. I'm a bit nervous because I'm 4 months po. Flexion is 45 and extension is -20. Dr don't seem very optimistic because I'm in such bad shape . Knee is stuck at a 45 degree angle so I can't walk or anything . Any insight would be great :)
 
@patsortho,
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
Hi @patsortho. I am so so sorry for what all you have been through. I just have seen your thread for the first time. I had my left knee the day after yours and then the right in June. You are so young, you're just a baby. You could be my daughter. You are very brave and have been a lot.

Please keep us updated and let us help support you while you go through this. No one has all the answers but you will find so many on here going through different recoveries, as well as many experts that support us all. You will be in my thoughts and prayers this Tuesday. Can you tell you got to this Momma's heart? Hugs!:friends:
 
Thinking about and praying for complete success on your upcoming MUA and scope. Soon you will be able to dance in the rain! Claim it!!
 
Good grief, you've really been put through the wringer with this blasted knee! Clearly, you are a good candidate for an MUA and I'm hopeful it will resolve your problems so that you can return to the life of a healthy, 34 yr. old woman. Sending you best wishes for the procedure and looking forward to your posts afterwards. :console2:
 
Best of luck tuesday. I hope this works and you can start a real journey to recovery.
 
You poor thing. What an awful time you've had. I just want to say that I dreaded a MUA but it was an absolute turning point for me. I look at my knee now and can't get over the improvement. I was just stuck at 50ish and reducing. It worked well for me and was much less traumatic than I feared. Of course I didn't have the troubles with infection that you had.
Very best wishes for Tuesday. Just think - this time next week it'll be over and you can start to think of improvements..
 
Best wishes for Tuesday. I hope the MUA works for you.
Don't forget to ask your surgeon how far he was able to bend your knee.
 
Good luck. We are all here for you!
 
@Spex10, what an encouraging post from one who has been there with an MUA! Thanks for that ray of sunshine for all who have heard that dreaded acronym.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I think MUA has a time and a place. But man, reading some stories here of MUAs done too soon, over enthusiastic surgeons, PTs actually causing damage, it borders on malpractice. It wouldn't be so dreaded if they were done conservatively and only when needed, and Drs and PTs would stop overworking baby knees.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom