Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Revision again

@patsortho I hope this offers you some hope now that you have confirmation that something is truly wrong. Not that you didn't know that already :) but now it's official. What a crazy see-saw you have been riding! I have hope that better times are ahead for you.
 
Saw my longtime orthopedic today. Revision it is :( . January 9th
 
Will the same surgeon be doing your revision as did the initial TKR?
IF so, it would be wiser to have a surgeon who specialises in doing revisions.
 
My previous orthopedic from Boston is doing it . He is one that did my osteotomy. Great surgeon. One that did tkr will never touch my knee again
 
That's great news! I'm really quite relieved that you aren't letting the surgeon who did your knee replacement do anything to it again.
 
Yay! You have a solution that will be here before you know it! It's a good thing you won't let your previous tkr doctor touch you again! That's a really good decision!
 
He did a lot of damage. Apparently didn’t cut enough bone per my ortho in Boston
 
It'll be right the next time!
 
Update on appointment at uconn:

Revision specialist said I have the worst case scenario. He isn’t ruling out a hidden infection in my knee. Wants to do a Synovasure test and testing for alpha defense. Upon imaging at uconn it revealed patella Baja. Because of this not only do I need a revision, I also need a tibial tubercle osteotomy. He said I have a possible chronic infection in my knee that’s hidden as my knee isn’t producing fluid. Although doctors have aspirated my knee previously, they didn’t get any fluid. So he wants different test done. They will call me after they speak to the other doctor.

There were 3 medical residents that were beside themselves. Never seen anything like this. The doctor is referring me to a doctor associated with Yale. Said I may need a open biopsy on my knee.

I don’t know how much more I can take. The doctor in Florida really messed up and he doesn’t care of course. Doctor at uconn said my knee will never be normal and can’t say if I will ever walk again.
 
I am so sorry this had gone so badly for you. Sending a hug, and my prayers are with you. Try very hard to believe this will work out and these latest doctors are on the right track for you. :console2:
 
I'm so sorry this has happened to you. :friends:

I'm glad, though that you have found a surgeon who knows what he's doing.
I have faith that, given time, you will be able to walk again.
 
My prayers are with you, my dear. You have the best doctors and they will fix you, I'm sure.
 
Glad you found someone who is looking at all angles and can help you.
With time you will get your life back.
 
@patsortho sorry you are going through so much! Praying you find the best person that can correct the issue.
 
The Synovasure test is a good indicator. At least you have a surgeon thinking out of the box for you.

Since youth is on your side I bet you can improve after corrective surgeries. You will walk again I feel.
 
I, too, am sorry that this is your problem. I know it must seem very daunting to face a challenge like this at your young age. But I am heartened by the approach your new surgeon is taking and believe he will help you get things corrected. Please know that we are behind you 100% and will be here for you as you and the doctor make plans for treatment. I'm just thankful that you are in good hands now. Stay strong!
 
Thank you for updating us. Sounds like you are in really good hands now and this doctor (these doctors) are looking out for you. As others have said, stay strong. You have a will and with that will, you will find a way. You are in my BoneSmartie prayers.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom