Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Revision again

I am so sorry that you have to go through all of this, but at least you now have a competent surgeon. People often surprise doctors with their resolution, so first get the knee taken care of and then worry about how you are going to walk again. I would not get depressed about that too early. I think that doctors often mention the most extreme ending because they want to prepare the patient for the worst---yet, the worst might not happen!! Just take your life one step at a time, you have youth on your side and that is a big plus!!
 
Oh my gosh @patsortho - what a horrible time you have had. I'm so sorry that you have had to endure so much trauma at such a young age. However, it may be your young age and your strong will that will take you through to a good outcome. It sounds as though you are in competent hands now and they will want what is best for you. They always have to warn us of the worst scenario but none really expect that. They really do want to fix things for you and give you back your life. My prayers are with you. Try to enjoy the holiday season as best you can and next year things will be totally different. I am confident of this.
You are an exceptional young lady and I applaud you. Your Bonesmart friends will be here for you so lean on them!
 
this is all so much for someone young, surgery is scheduled for jan 9th. revision and osteotomy
 
This stinks, but you never know what will happen. When will the other infection test be run?
 
Waiting for them to contact me for testing. They want to be absolutely sure before having these big procedures. This definitely sucks .
 
I'm so sorry for all that you are going through. Like others have said, it seems like you have a "team of doctors" now who know what they are doing. Stay strong, hope for the best. My prayers are with you. My next surgery is January 3, so we can be surgery buddies again.
 
dr sent me to greenwich ct to see a dr that is affiliated with hss in new york. so revision will be sooner and done there instead my dr in mass backed out and doesn't wanna messed it up as he said lol. he is honest. revision is set in 2 weeks 12/13/17. any tips on what to expect? he said not enough bone was cut and it was improperly placed.
 
Hugs and prayers that this revision will be very successful! :console2:
 
I think HSS is the place to be, with a dr who specializes in revisions and has confidence he/she can help you. What is the new OS’s name?
 
I imagine a revision recovery will be much like a TKR. @newlybionic had a revision and can speak about that, but if I recall it wasn’t a bad one for her.
 
From what I've read of revision recoveries, for many people, it's the beginning of what they'd hoped for with the initial TKR. It sounds like you have an excellent chance of that being the case for you.
 
You will have a new, correctly placed knee for Christmas. I'm glad you can get it done earlier.
 
Sounds like you are in good hands! You're on your way to a much better new year. Best wishes.
 
I imagine because every bone is different that’s left to the expertise of the surgeon. Have you thought of making a list of questions you have about your TKR before you see the OS again so you can have your questions and fears answered?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom