Revision TKR Revision again

While in rehab be sure not to overdo with therapy. Remember less pain is better for your knee.
 
Very happy for you that no revision needed to be done. You did still have surgical procedures performed so be careful and listen to your knee.
 
Get, wonderful news! Please be careful and not let rehab hurt you. We are all here rooting for you!
 
I watched your video. I'm happy to see how well the MUA and excision of adhesions has worked for you. :yes!: :yay:

When you get to rehab, be careful not to let them overwork your knee. All you need to do now is keep it moving gently. Doing too much exercise could irritate and inflame your knee, so do try to treat it gently.
 
well I'm not going right to rehab. social worker at hospital messed up all the paper work. so I'm home until tomorrow.
 
Good deal. Shoot, many do well without any rehab after a MUA. You can forgo it if you want.
 
I am sending you healing wishes and thoughts .it is though what you are dealing with ,and being so young
it must be even harder . Don't give up . Sometimes yes many times .Haling takes time .
 
Watched your video. You sound so happy, and the removal of scar tissue has certainly improved your bend! Here's hoping you will leave rehab walking and feeling better than you have in many months.
 
Just watched your video. I hope that you continue to improve in rehab so you can finally be well.
 
Hi, I just watched most of your video and will finish a little later. I just wanted to check in you as far as the hurricane goes. I'm not sure where you are but you mentioned rehab in Jacksonville. Pay attention to the evacuations! Sorry, that's the Mom in me coming out! My family (Mom and all my siblings and their families) are all down there and in the midst of boarding up and some leaving. Stay safe and I'm so very happy for your results. Don't let them work you too hard in rehab!
 
Rooting for you . I could not get the video to work. But I have been impressed and moved by your story. My heart ached for you with all that you have been through. Reading the thread from beginning to end made me realise just how supportive , honest and useful this community has been . Yours was a complex case with extra issues, but it seemed like the forum helped guide you to look for the right help in the right places.
 
It will be tough but I will get there. I swelled up but I'm continually icing and elevating . As in the hurricane we are boarded up and left. Rehab won't accept any patients until storm passes.
 
I think it's best for you to not be in rehab right now, and not just because of Irma. With your swelling, it's telling you that you have inflamed and probably torn tissues. Those need to heal before starting a lot of movement.

My prayers are for you and your state.
 
I have decided not to do rehab right now . I feel like I have went backwards . Knee is stiff all over again and not bending where I was I hospital :(
 
Your knee won't bend now, because the MUA has wounded it again and it's swollen. This often happens.
The MUA will have torn a lot of small tissues and they all need to heal now.

Don't despair. Concentrate on resting, icing and elevating your leg, to try and help the swelling to go down.
Walk around a little bit every hour or so, and try gently to bend your knee a few times every hour. Don't do anything that increases your pain.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom