• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Revision TKR Revision again

When you say rejecting, do you mean that you might be allergic? The reason I ask is because I have metal allergies and it took months of research and special blood test to find an implant I could use. The test is an LLT test done at a lab in Chicago.

Very sorry to hear that you are having such problems. I sincerely hope that a good way forward will be found soon. Sending you waves of support.

Pat I am hoping and praying you get the answers you are looking for. You have been through too much :-(

Thanks I'm hoping as well. Ortho still is gonna scope out scar tissue to hopefully get some relief. He is very worried because knee won't bend or straighten. In mean time we are doing test on implant.

I rejected my osteotomy in 2012 as well. I wasn't allergic, the knee just rejected it.

(((Pat))) hoping and praying you'll get some answers for a successful path forward. You've had more than the *average bear* and you've held up well. Hang in there!

I rejected my osteotomy in 2012 as well. I wasn't allergic, knee just rejected it.
Pat, I think I said this before but there is no such thing as rejecting an osteotomy. Osteotomy just means a cut in the bone. But though it is fixed with a plate and screws, I have never known or even heard of anybody 'rejecting' those. Perhaps it got infected when the only remedy would be to remove the metal. Was that the case?

As for your images, I'm sorry, but I never learned to interpret MRI scans nor the reports. Whole different science to what I learned! Now if you could get hold of an ordinary xray, I would be able to see a lot in that.

@Josephine The ortho that did my osteotomy said I rejected the metal. About 8 months after surgery hardware began to get painful. He ended up taking the hardware out at 1 year.

Not sure if you saw the images and report that I posted from the nuclear scan not MRI for me lol. My regular X-rays actually don't look bad at all. I see ortho Wed. I will take a picture of the X-ray.

My issue now is :
1: a lot of scar tissue MUA didn't work
2. I'm having a inflammation issue
3. knee just doesn't want to move or straighten, knee is stuck in a bent position . I wanna say I'm 28-32 .

Ortho is gonna have some test run to see if I'm allergic to the metal in my knee. All I know is I have a Stryker.

Sept 5th they are gonna scope knee and some other work may need to be done. He is gonna admit me then send me to Brooks Rehab. Reason why he wants rehab because I need to get this thing moving. They will help me walk. it's like I almost forgot how if that makes any sense.

I will know more what exactly he is gonna do at pre op.

Cannot believe how much pain and worry and all the rest you have to go through. I wish you strength and stamina on your next episode. May it be the one to get you completely healed and so, that you can go on to live more normal.

He is gonna admit me then send me to Brooks Rehab. Reason why he wants rehab because I need to get this thing moving. They will help me walk.
All that speaks to me of aggressive therapy. I hope you won't let them be too hard on you and cause you lots of pain because that is only going to make matters worse.

I was clear to them no aggressive therapy . It just makes me swell more . It's been 5 months ready to be healed .

I'm glad they are running test to see if you're allergic to metals. I have a first cousin that had a metal plate in ankle for a bad break and she rejected it. She had the same allergy test run as I had, turns out she's highly allergic to nickel.

I know, people thought I was crazy. Thankfully I found an OS who worked with me to find an implant for me. It's a Smith and Nephew oxidized ceramic femoral component with an all poly tibial component. He said he wanted the least amount of metal possible. Don't give up.

Pat, I'm sorry if your medical personnel are using the word "reject" to you with what you're going through. They are testing you for a metal allergy. If you are allergic to the specific metals used in implant material, you will have an allergic reaction. I know it's just semantics, but the word "rejection" really isn't the same as an allergic reaction.

Since you had the allergic reaction to metal used in your previous procedure, it's unfortunate that your current surgeon didn't pick up on that and do some testing on you before you had your TKR. I'm glad you're getting it now, though. There are options for implants once they know which metals you are allergic to. You'll need to keep this fact in mind for any future procedures you might have an always insist on being tested first.

Pat, I pray your and your doctors find a solution really quickly. You have been such a trooper in all that you have been going through. You are one brave young lady.

Last edited:
Well surgery has been cancelled :( dr and infection dr diagnosed me with
osteomylitis. How does this even happen. I see orthopedic tomorrow. How much can one handle :(

oh my goodness. you will handle this. it seems you have something definite to work on that is the priority for now. sending hugs and good wishes that this will be taken care of right away.:console2:

I'm sorry to read about all your problems. I truly hope the OS can come up with a plan to help you soon.

I'm so sorry, but at least you know what you're dealing with and hopefully you'll be on the path to recovery.

I pray for you and your doctors to find a solution.

Last edited:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Bentleysmom
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom