Guest viewing is limited

THR REM's Recovery Thread<

Yum. Now I'm hungry.
I had a PBJ and a glass of milk.
Didn't get to go fish today as was the plan, therefore no fish for dinner:umm:
Glad your day was peaceful.
Hoping all continues to get better and better.:ok:
 
Hi REM, I answered your question in my recovery thread.
 
Last edited:
So....how is your recovery going this week?
Give us an update, we'd love to hear.
Hope you have a good weekend!
@REM
 
@Layla.
Recovery i going well. Still walking around my block when I'm feeling up to it. Decided to stop pt. The exercises were starting to hurt my hips. I only had 4 more visits anyways. Im getting more relief from the walking and resting. Going to be talking to my boss about coming back to work on Monday. My hope is to be back in a couple weeks. Thank you for checking up on me.
 
Smart Man..giving this the time it needs will serve you well for longevity and dodging chronic issues.
I think you've got this!
Hope your weekend is restful.
 
Having a new pain in my right leg. Noticed it a couple days ago when I walked up to my bed and leaned forward and across my bed to reach my reading glasses. Its a sharp pain in the back of my leg where the leg and butt cheek meet. Now every time I lean forward I get that pain. I'm hoping it's just muscle related and has nothing to do with my hip. Could not come at a worse time as I go back to work on Thursday. Excited. Nervous. Been with the company 16 years. Started as the only employee. We've grown a lot since then but been almost 6 months since I left on fmla. Has anyone at my stage of recovery every had the pain I described. ????
 
Sounds like a case for @Josephine
Let's see what's going on with you before you have to head back to work. We need you in top form :heehee:
I've tagged, Josephine for you. Please check back in case she has questions.
Hope you're icing and chillin...
@REM
 
@Layla.
I am icing religiously. I wonder if you work for the ice company and get a commission every time you say "ICE". Lol. I have been chillin like a villain also.

Oh. I small detail I wanted to bring up. My first replacement was done on February 20th. Not on the 28th.
 
Stretching definitely gave me new and exciting pains. When I first started putting my socks on, tying my shoes, and cutting my toe nails. It would aggravate the muscles and cause a new pain. All I cared about pain was figuring if it was muscle, as long as it wasn't the joint I knew it would be OK.
 
Will get that date changed...don't want you a week ahead:heehee:

I think you have been doing all the nICE things you need to be doing, and suffICE it to say that doing it thrICE can only be three times better.:)

Hope your day is chilled AND you aren't entICEd to overdo.
 
How about telling me where this new pain is using this chart?

[Bonesmart.org] REM's Recovery Thread<
 
I don't know @REM. You said the pain was in your right leg but gave Josephine left leg coordinates. Did you mean to show the left leg? Probably doesn't matter, just trying to be helpful.
 
  • Agree
Reactions: REM
@Clipper.
It does matter and your correct. It is my right leg. I was reminded when I bent dont to get a bowl of the bottom shelf of the fridge. @Josephine. R2B & W. Thank you so much Clipper. This is why I love this group so much. Everyone looks out for one another.
 
Will see what Jo has to say. My guess is piraformis issue.
Some gentle stretching helped when I had some intermittent issues with it. Glad it didn't end up chronic as it IS a pain in the butt!
Check out this topic in the library section....
Hope today is a Good Day for you.:) :-) (:
 
@Josephine.
Ive read this link and will work on the stretching exercises and let you know how it goes. 9:59 pm my time. Off to bed. Tomorrow I start back to work. Excited and nervous all at the same time. Hope I can sleep. Wish me luck. Good Night All. !!!!!!
 
Please take it easy at work ...AND plan on doing zip afterwards.
One new hip
One month later, another new hip
One month later, back to work
You know this is too early?
But I went back too early too..so I had to do short days, ice at work, and pretty much vegetate when I got home.
Will be worrying for you so take care.
 
Back
Top Bottom