Yep. Handlebar to thigh..worried I screwed up my new hips. Actually ATV tip over...
I did very well with my recovery, as you seem to be doing, but want to give tierod plenty of time to get fixed in....for bone to form around femoral stem and no accidents.
That one scared the bejeezes out of me.
This recovery has been real, and it has been fun, but it ain't been real fun.
Not trying to do it again! . Be Careful!!
Did get to ride with BIL though on his new glide.
Just photo op, dont ride in heels
I am not very tech savvy but downloaded Reduce Photo app that was free and easy. Now I can reduce the photo size and save it and then upload on to here.
Hope the legs are easing and that you have a good weekend.
sorry i didnt realized what i posted 10 days post opt i jyst finished icing left calve. pt comes at 430. my calve just tight and burning i walked my block 1 and 1/2 times yesterday. besides insudw house walking. only only on pain meds. and bloid thinner for one month only because dr wants me on it to prevent clots he puts all his paintents on. still dealing with this severe reaction to tape used during surgery..on left thigh and butt. so i can sit to long on lay because it gets warm and wants to start itching. i know it will get better. i just want this burm to stop and i think the burning stays because i still limp i am still using walker. i hope to not have to much longer and can stop limping
I too still have limp but it's getting better. At least is until I walk to much then it gets worse so I know its time to stop walking. I'm coming up on 6-1/2 weeks on my last hip surgery. Time heals all wounds so they say.
Lord I hope they last that long. Never want to have to do this again.
In 30 years I hope technologies have advanced to the point you walk into the Orthopedic Doctor's office and he hands you a cup of water and a capsule of Nanites which repairs our existing titanium joints.
You're at the year mark. How do you feel ? Like you never had your hips replaced ? Fully recovered ? Just wondering if you ever feel normal again like it was all just a really bad dream.
My OS told me taking a muscle relaxer was ok because I was having muscle spasms and had asked about them. Don't go by me. Check with your OS before you try them. Hope the ice and heat give you the relief we all look for.
I do feel normal...grateful, younger.
I get my little issues now and then, but I give myself alot of slack since they popped per those ball joints and reamed out a hole for those tierods.
Life is worth living again.
Hate to tell you, But 4 month mark was the biggest turnaround.
All my issues before were mostly from pushing too hard too soon.
You've got this as long as you don't mess it up.
I can do this now
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.