Guest viewing is limited

THR REM's Recovery Thread<

Excited and nervous....Understandable!
I hope you get the space you need and are able to take any breaks you need.
It's still very early days of recovery from a major surgery. I'll bet you favorite chair
and ice packs will be what your daydreams are made of :heehee:
Wishing you the very best as you ease back into the grind. Go s-l-o-w.
@REM
 
Hope your return to work went well! I enjoyed the wordplay about ICE upthread. Clever!
 
@Gypsy,@Layla,@Mojo333.

Work went well. Most of the day was at my desk going through open orders getting up to speed on whats coming in and tomorrow I will count the warehouse to see what is needed to be ordered. Placed two orders today and revised one order. Feet are tired but its a good tired. Not feeling any pain for the days work. Tomorrow morning will tell how the day really affected me when I get out of bed at 5:00 am sharp for the morning hot shower. Thank you all for your best wishes. They mean a lot to me. I liked the playword on ice to. I thought it was very funny. Well that was the day. I promise to take it easy gals. My word of honor.
 
@BeBe.
Thank You so much Bebe. I hope tonight will be the best nights sleep I've had in month's. I hope. Have a good night's sleep with vision's of sugar plums fairys dancing above your head.
 
If you did get a good night's sleep because you were tired, I would like to know how that works at a few months out:heehee:
Tired didn't seem to affect my ability to sleep all night.
Hope you did though!:ok:
 
Happy Friday! @REM
Hope you had a good nights sleep :yawn: :sleep:
You'll have the weekend to recover if you're finding yourself tired.
A great day and weekend to you!
 
Happy Friday @Layla.
I'm glad I went back to work on a Thursday. Gave me a chance to see how I would handle being on my feet much more than I was at home and the sitting at my desk instead of laying on my bed. It's going to take some time to get used to it. I am for sure feeling the muscles in my legs. Next week will be the ultimate test. A full 40+ hours.
 
Oohhhh...Im so ready with a "I told you so"
But hey, some of us learn the hard way because we are hard headed.

(I did the same)

Just make sure you rest as much as you can, and try to stay out of the dreaded ODIC (OverDid It Club)

Sleep well @REM:curtsey:
 
Last edited:
Today was a peaceful quite day. Slept pretty good last night without taking anything to help me go to sleep. Slept in late too. Watched cowboy movies all day. Just finished baking some tilapia with sliced lemon in a foil pouch with broccoli cauliflower and peppers lighly salted and peppered. Made a loaf of bread. Cheated there. Dough was frozen. Let rest to rise and cook. Wife is making cheesy grits. Yum.
Soreness from yesterday is mostly gone. Recovery is going well. Hoping all of you have a great day.
 
Note to self. The lemon slice made the wife and granddaughter mouth pucker up. Lol. Next time I make it save lemon slices to squeeze juice on afterwards or leave off all together.
 
That dinner sounds delish! I like lemon. I drink lemon water, squeezing the lemon into a glass.
Good detox for the liver! Everything sounds yummy but the cheesy grits! What is that?
The word grits just sounds gritty :heehee: and unappetizing. I'm a northerner from the land of casseroles, lol!

Hope your weekend has been nice. Rest up....work tomorrow.
A great week to you!
@REM
 
@Layla.
LOL....
Google cheesy grits. Food network has a bunch of different ways to make them. Down here in the South we have them mostly for breakfast with our bacon eggs & buttered toast. They are gritty untill cooked then there soft filling and stick to your bones good. That and there cheap to make. A bag of grits makes a lot. Good if you have a small food budget. You should give them a try just out of curiosity. I'm sure there sold up North. Should be on the aisle with the flour. Let me know what you think. Water grits block of cheese salt to taste. Maybe some butter.
 
Love shrimp and grits. Never tried salmon and grits. Will search that one and give it a try. Love me a tuna casserole. Yum yum.
 
Salmon croquettes and grits..
And all that lovely Omega 3 fatty acids to lubricate joints!
 
  • Funny
Reactions: REM
:eeeuw: I'll try it....well, maybe :chinstroke: no promises until I see it :heehee:
I'll look for it at the grocery store....at least for a laugh and to remind
me of all my southern BS buds.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom