Guest viewing is limited

THR REM's Recovery Thread<

In ALL sincerity, it is very true.
Very brave of you to do two so close together.
If you can chill out, you will be ever so glad...the payoff is huge for me.
Different zips, zaps, groin pains, aches, etc on journey...all temporary!
Have a QUIET, walkabout some, rest lots, ice it up Weekend!
 
  • Like
Reactions: REM
REM, I wish you wouldn't have brought up riding as nice as the weather has been. Riding became very painful as sitting on the bike spread my hips to their limit and hurt. My bikes have been sitting idle for years now. One friend at work rides his after THR. I need to restore mine again.
 
@Eman85.

Sorry brother. I was the same. My last ride was over a year and a half ago. I had been having groin pain for a long time. Was hurting the day I got on it but had been months since I rode and had been missing it to the point I made myself get it on and go. I only made it 4 miles before the pain got so bad I wanted to cry. I did a u turn came back home. It was all I do to get my Fatboy turned around and back peddled back to it's parking place. Part of me died that day so I know exactly how your feeling. My legs are getting stronger but they still aren't there yet.I can't even stand up off the toilet without grabbing the wall at the back of the tub to help pull myself up. There's no way I'd take my bike out knowing if it leaned to far and dropped on me that I couldn't pick it up. My days coming. I just have to be patient as I've been told. @Mojo333
 
@palin21bug.

Yes. I still do have problems keeping my balance. Pt has started working on that. Today especially. Had a belt wrapped around my waist hooked to a cable. Had me walking towards a wall then back 10 times with 40 pounds of weights as resistance. Turning around and back stepping then walking the other way. Had me turn to the side and side stepping left then right. After that had me balance on my right leg then left to see how long I could before I lost my balance. 21 seconds on my right. Only 4 on my left.
 
For balance I march in place. I stand in the walker with my hands lightly on it to start. Lift each leg up like marching and hold for 5 count to start. Goal is to do it eyes closed and hold each one longer. Do each leg 20x at the 5 count. It's helped my balance a lot.
I don't know about riding anymore with the traffic the way it is, I just don't have the interest. Besides that bike consumed a lot of Budweiser.
 
@REM
Just catching up on everybody and realized you had both hips done. Spaced a few weeks apart? Sounds like you are doing well! i
I am planning on having my second done end of July or 1st week August - if OS schedule permits. Knew both needed to be done for 4 years now and since my surgery the Left is going crazy
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: REM
@BeBe.

Hi Bebe,
Yes I had my second surgery 3 days after tou had your right one done. I have my good days and not so good days. Just finished up my walk around the block with my granddaughter. Right leg ache all the way around. Had to stop 3 times but we made it without having to call a taxi. LOL. But my hips went our on me pretty quick. In 6 months time then a year wait for the first surgery.
Seemed like an eternity before the second one happened.
Hope you get to feeling better soon and that you're wait for the second comes quickly.
 
@Eman85.

LOL
No drinking when I ride. Like you said. Too many crazies to watch out for. I'll try the leg lifts see how the goes.
 
You're probably going to think we're a bunch of old nags very soon :old:
With that said.... please take a break from the walking until your pain is gone.
Then begin slowly. Obviously what you did today with your granddaughter was too much.
I hope you iced afterward...and are continuing ice "wherever" the pain is.
Remember too... if today was too far, don't try that distance again tomorrow.
Ease back into it.
Example: Walk 10 mins, then turn around and go back and see how that works, once you're no longer sore.
:ice:< the good guy. the helper. your friend > :ice:
@REM
 
Layla is very smart...and sweet...I'm smart and not so much sweet.
You promised to behave...
 
@Layla,@Mojo333.

Sorry Layla. Sorry Mojo333. No. I don't think you're a nag Layla. I joined this site for help getting me back to health. I love you both for taking time out of your day to offer me your advise and words of wisdom. No one forced you to do it.
It means the world to me that you both care enough about me and all the others here to give of yourselves. P.S. I never promised to " Behave "
Heaven has a special place for you both.
 
P.S. I never promised to " Behave "

:heehee: no, you didn't.
And a long walk with your granddaughter is worth a little overdoing it and some aches.

We just want folks better with no chronic issues...sounded like you are on your way!
Hope today is a Good Day:ice:
 
Hi there,
Thank you for your kind words. We truly don't want to see you hurting or suffering set-backs. I hope your achy right leg has recovered from the walk.

It's nice you were able to spend time with your granddaughter. I may be doing a little of that myself, today.
They grow so quickly and it's nice to enjoy that sweet innocence of youth. Love it!

Hope you have a beautiful day in sunny FL! :yes: :SUNsmile:
@REM
 
Not much to report today. Kind of a gloomy day out. Light rain outside so no walk today. Have some chicken quarters barbecuing in the oven. Also quartered up some potatoes drenched in Oliver oil sprinkled with salt pepper garlic power onoin power. Wife just placed a loaf of bread in the oven with the chicken.
Just sitting back taking it easy watching Hard Tuna. Hope everyone out there has had a great day and has a wonderful evening and very little to no pain is my wish for us all.
 
@Gypsy.

I don't mean to be nosey but I could not but notice you had a hip replaced then a revision 3 months later and 2 more afterwards. Were you a weight lifter or kick boxer to have to go through so many revisions?
 
Sounds like a peaceful Sunday. It's good you're getting some R&R.
Dinner sounds delish! Hope you enjoy it.
A great week to you :)
@REM
 
Back
Top Bottom