Guest viewing is limited

THR REM's Recovery Thread<

Hi Layla.
I'm doing alright. Legs are a little sore. Wish the strength in my legs would come back. I'm still finding myself having to slow my pace and walk slower or just plain stop altogether. It's a big warehouse and a pretty good walk from one end to the other end. I know it'll happen it's just impatience is my middle name.
How are things in Layla's world. Pigged out on a hot steaming bowl of grits yet? LOL.
 
Hey Rem,
Just reading your thread....I'm not a guy (obviously) but we're dying to have sex too:yes!:
You just had two THR's.... that's a LOT and glad you took the caution route ~ especially if you're not feeling 100% yet! My doc said it was "up to me" but also said better to wait until you're 100% (around 3 mo's) ughhhh
so we've played with other ways to have fun :wink: hope this helps....
Sending positive healing vibes to you in your ongoing recovery ~
 
Last edited:
Happy Sunday!
Sorry your legs are sore. Hope that eases before the work week begins tomorrow.
Sounds like you get some serious walking in while there.
Hope you're having a good weekend....it's fading fast.
No grits y-e-t. Can't seem to find them in the store, lol!
Hope today is good!
@REM
 
@Layla
I'll UPS you some. We got plenty here in the deep South. Day is going well. Got some new mirrors for my bike. Put them on this morning. They look good. Hope your weekend is going swell.
 
Hope your weekend is going swell.
:heehee:. Things you can't say during recovery...
Along with "Give yourself a break" or "can't wait for Fall"
It is officially Autumn henceforth!

Hope you are doing well and hope you have a great week!:tada:
 
No grits y-e-t. Can't seem to find them in the store, lol!
The best thing for beginners is shrimp and grits, served at a lot of your upscale breakfast places. The juices from the shrimp saturate the grits and not only give them a delicious, hearty flavor, but also make them less "gritty".

Honestly, guys, I've lived in the south my whole life and I've never learned to like grits. They're ... an acquired taste.
 
Hi @REM
I can't find them...cause I'm not trying too hard, lol.
The closest I'll get is if I see them on a menu somewhere, they're out of everything else
and I'm starving :rotfl:

Hope your work week goes well. Take it easy on those long walks through the warehouse and don't
forget about ice at night when you're just chillin :ice:
Hope your week is good!
 
Pork brains in milk gravy...in a can! :sick: I can't name much of anything in a can that I like.
I don't even know what ramps are and I'm not sure if I want to.
We live in the land of "hot dish" lol! I don't eat too much of that either.
There are a couple I don't mind on a cold winters day....comfort food.

@Eman85
I just noticed you and REM both had a hip done within a week of one another.
I miss the group I recovered with. Most have moved on. They pop in once in awhile which is nice
and it always brings a smile to my face.
I hope you both have a great week!
 
Lol Eman85. I know what cracklins are ya lost me on all the other. Will google. This morning I started to notice pain in my right groin. By the end of the day it became difficult to walk. My limp became worse as the day went by. Now I'm in pain. This could not of happened at a worse time. In two days we have to do a physical tagged inventory. That's all day on my feet and walking back and forth from the office to the warehouse. I just commented yesterday about having pain pills left over that I didn't need anymore. Guess I was wrong. Had to take one a few minutes ago. Bummer. It's my first hip replacement so it shouldn't be bothering me. I just had my ice pack delivered to me via granddaughter express.
 
I can still make myself hurt by overdoing things. I just try to stop a little shy of maxing it out. My ice machine is sitting right next to my recliner, I haven't used it in about a week. Wife asked if I wanted to put it away yet, maybe tomorrow. I actually did some running today, not planned. I had moved a bee hive and they weren't happy!
@Layla How about dry land fish?
 
Last edited:
Hey Rem ~
OK....Your turn now : )
It took some time...I was thinking maybe the Allman Brothers Band...or maybe a little Tom Petty (I'm mean...he was from Florida...) but noooooo you went Pink Floyd on me (what's not to dig...) so...I have a NEW artist and song for you today:
"Cold Little Heart" by Michael Kiwanuka (It's a Biggie ~ I think perfect for you : )
Nothing intended by the lyrics....just a great big beautiful song ~ their "live session video is amazing"!
Happy Listening and sending you positive healing thoughts for you're on-going recovery ~
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Friendly
Reactions: REM
So sorry, but listening to Floyd takes me to my " Happy Place" I am going to YouTube your suggestion to see what music choice you suggested. I'm with you on Allman Brothers and Petty. You are missed. I look forward to hearing your choice. I'll get back to you with my thoughts. Not like @Layla who will only try cheesy grits if there's nothing left on the planet to eat except her
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Silly goose! :heehee:

How is the groin pain? Wondering if it's better since Monday evening and also how
the inventory went with all the back and forth walking through the warehouse? I hope you're icing.
Let us know how you're feeling. I hope better....

@Eman85 I had to look up dry land fish. I almost puked! I have a horrible aversion to clusters of holes. I hate even typing about it, ugh! ugh! UGH!! That thing would send me running and screaming!!

@REM
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom