Guest viewing is limited

THR REM's Recovery Thread<

Ice is amazing.
Please do be careful, REM.
It's why, in hindsight, I wished I could've stayed off work a bit longer.
Sometimes there's only me, and has to be done.
Glad you are compensating by extra TLC...hooray for the weekend.
BEHAVE !
 
Good response to your boss! I didn't go back to work but after 6 weeks when I started to get "manly" it sure did bring out reasons for the ice pack. I'm at 16 weeks, got a little manly lately and it's 2 beers and an ice pack tonight!
 
Rough day at work...
Hope you don't feel any after effects tomorrow, REM. It sounds like you're on top of it.
Hopefully with the Percocet, ice and a good nights sleep you'll be feeling brand new tomorrow.
A wonderful weekend to you!
@REM
 
I want to bring up a sensitive subject mainly aimed towards the men in the group. Last night my wife had a few glasses of wine and was feeling frisky and I didn't go along with it. When I woke up i had several massages saying I wish you wanted me. I do want her. More than anything on this planet. I'm still hurting some after the week's work and I guess I'm just scared I'll hurt myself even worse. Not to mention it's been over a year now. Can any of you thats been through what I have offer any advise. Should I have just sucked it up and went along with it ? Feeling very low right now.
 
Aww, I'm sorry, REM. Intimacy is an important aspect of a relationship and most of us realize that intimacy
can / does ebb and flow for various reasons. You may need to have a conversation with your wife explaining that it's nothing against her but physically difficult for you at this point in your recovery. You are still very early into recovery and it sounds like you're experiencing some energy drain upon returning to work full time. Remind her you've had two (separate) major surgeries within less than four months.

Maybe you can make a special effort to leave her a little note before work, send her a sweet text during the day or bring her flowers for no reason. Cuddle and watch a movie together so she knows you want to be close but are reserving intimacy for when you're feeling more energized, in less pain and less concerned with making a wrong move. And no, I don't think you should have just gone along with it....Faker Daker :heehee:
As a woman that most certainly wouldn't appeal to me.

Hey, I feel like Dear Abby now.....:rotfl:

Following is an article I found in the Library:
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/sex-talking-about-sex-after-hip-surgery.3448/

Wishing you a week of peaceful contentment!

PS I went and looked at the article AFTER I hit "Post Reply" it's racy, I giggled like a grade schooler :heehee:
 
Last edited:
@Layla.
Thank you for your input. That means alot to me. I will take your advise and see if it helps. I did tell her Ii loved and wanted her that I was still healing. She said she knows but I need to show her more attention make her feel special.. She is special. Thank you for finding the link. I wiill check it out this evening.
 
@Layla
I can see why you giggled like a school girl now. That link was more than just informative. There was nothing that was not covered. I mean nothing. I think I may have learned a thing or two. Lol. Once again thank you for helping me with my issue. It was above and beyond the call of duty. You rock.
 
How's it going REM.....how are the hips holding up at work?
I hope all is well.
It's going to be a hot one here this weekend. Heat ramping way up, mid nineties and high humidity. YUK!
I'll only be doing stuff where there's AC this weekend.
Hope you have a good one!
@REM
 
Friday:egypdance:
Hope you are hanging in there?
Hope your weekend is relaxing and that your silence isn't indicative of you not doing well, but just exhaustion...as you are working so soon out.:) :-) (:
 
@Layla @mojo.
Hot here to. Mid 90's till it rains in the afternoon then low 80's. If it rains. Hips seem to be holding up fine. I'm able to walk farther and farther every week that passes by before I tire and have to rest. Looking forward to the day I don't need to stop for rest breaks. Got my first check today so FRIDAY has a meaning to me again. Payday. Missed payday. Sorry for the silence. Just not much to report. I do miss talking with you two. Cutting up with you both. Giving Layla a hard time about the grits. I still hope one to read you tried them and ask where have these been all my life. LOL. I hope you both are doing well and have a great weekend. Any plans?
 
Hot here too, glad your hips are holding up!
That darned money thing...
Hard not to get so busy making a living that you forget to live.
Pickups for the food bank in this weather, unloading trucks, supervising volunteers...I've been wet and dried three times today.
Hope to do pickup in morning, and then float in the pond.
I'm easily amused!
Try to rest and you should still be treating yourself with ice!
 
Floating in the pond sound relaxing. Something I'd like to do but around here that's like playing Russian roulett. Just last week a women walking her dogs was dragged into the lake. They found her body today. Killed the gator that took her. I think they said they found her arm in the gator if I'm not mistaken.
 
Hi @REM
Sounds like you're progressing well and holding up at work. Hooray for pay day!
Walking further each week without needing to stop is a great gauge of progress.
It takes time to rebuild stamina. Two major surgeries within a months time is a lot.
Lots of healing still happening for months to come. You'll get there.

Maybe one day I'll try the grits :heehee: that's a big maybe. That gator story is so sad and scary! How awful.

My only plans for the weekend is a little birthday party here for my grandson. I called him yesterday (his actual birthday) to sing Happy Birthday, I finished singing and he said "Who is this?" Huh?!! I told him and all he said was "Oh". I see him a couple times a month so I'm not a stranger to him. Then I asked him what he wanted me to buy him for his birthday. He said "Its my birthday today, you should have bought it by now!" He's only FIVE!
Kids crack me up....they have no filter. I just laughed. Then he said "I don't need anything, I got everything I wanted." I guess he told me.....dumb old Grandma Layla :rotfl:
Better step up my game....
 
Wow! Both in a few weeks or months...Feb and Mar....that's amazing! Your my hero!!! What courage your have to do both replacements so close together! Your my hero having gone thru one a few weeks apart....I hope you are healing well and wish you a speedy recovery my dear!
Sending loving healing thoughts and vibes!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Layla
You got that right. Kids have no filters. They say what they mean. No matter how funny or how cruel. Love my grand kids. The whole heard of them. Love it the most when they go home. Lol. Have a geat day.
 
Thanks for the kind works. My surgeries so close together was only done so close together because my fmla was running out and I was about to be terminated and lose my insurance. I had my second surgery three days before i lost my job and insurance coverage. They hired me back as soon as I was ready to come back though. The V.P. told me my job would be there when I was ready and he kept his word. Grateful for that. What is your thread titled? I like to read up on your journey.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey REM,
Isn't insurance a drag....we have to plan things around coverage, deductibles etc....at least your job/work is there for you when you're ready to go back which is totally awesome!!!

I just posted a thread a few days ago...in my 5th week and starting to feel down... it's right above your post "I get it now....being depressed after surgery"...but this site has been amazing and opened my mind just the past few days and so I need to change it....cause I'm not depressed anymore : )

Sending lots of positive healing energy to you!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
How's our bud, REM, doing this week?
Hope you're doing well back at work.
Wishing you a good day and a great weekend!
@REM
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom