THR REM's Recovery Thread<

So sorry, but listening to Floyd takes me to my " Happy Place" I am going to YouTube your suggestion to see what music choice you suggested. I'm with you on Allman Brothers and Petty. You are missed. I look forward to hearing your choice. I'll get back to you with my thoughts. Not like @Layla who will only try cheesy grits if there's nothing left on the planet to eat except her
That's hillarious @Layla :rotfl:
NOOO Apologies for our man "Floyd"....what's not to love ~ right?!?!
Hope you enjoy my "choice for you"....but if you don't...I in NO way will be offended : )
My favorite Allman Bros. song is: "For Elizabeth" LIVE at the Fillmore of course....and sorry, it's actually:
"In Memory of Elizabeth Reed"...can that band rock or what?!?! One of my favorites ~
Sending out lots of positive healing vibes to all thru music ~
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Funny
Reactions: REM
Cold little ❤. A little outside the box for me but good sound. Found a mix of his songs on YouTube. Listening to him now.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Cold little ❤. A little outside the box for me but good sound. Found a mix of his songs on YouTube. Listening to him now.
Awwwww,
Glad you like it....I know it's a little outside the box for you : ) I get lost in that song, it's mesmerizing (and sad...but really beautiful)

Got another Artist for you:
"The way I feel" and "Angel" by Jonathan Wilson ~ digin' his new work
he's young (40's) but a "hippie" and has an awesome vibe!

For your Granddaughter:
The new Gorillaz's song "Humility" ~ their video is awesome and fun to watch ~
Positive healing vibes being sent to you today!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Friendly
Reactions: REM
Love and Hate by the same artist. Good song.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Love and Hate by the same artist. Good song.
Right?!?!....another one of my favorites....but don't like to send that 'cause of the title..:rotfl:

Jonathan Wilson...on the other hand I believe is "inside your box" : )
I can't stop listening to him right now...Desert Raven and almost everything on his new album ~ can't wait to see him when he gets to LA ~
I'm happy to be chillin' and sending healing vibes a song at a time to all our "hipster" friends on this forum!
Happy Listening ~
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Friendly
Reactions: REM
@Layla
Inventory is still ongoing. Will be going in on Saturday to complete it. Groin pain is the same. Maybe a little worse. I've had to lift my leg to get in my truck in the morning just like I had to do before my surgery. Not sure what's going on with that. This leg was the first fixed so its at 5 month's now. Just know it has me feeling down.
 
I'm so sorry you're feelin' down Rem ~ ughhhh anyway to get cover on Sat. so you can ice and elevate and rest a bit more? (maybe you did too much), I hope you feel better and are pain free soon!
 
No such luck. I have to be there. The General Manager has only been with the company 3 years. The Plant Manager less than a year. I've been with the company 16 years minus the 6 month's I was out because of my hips. They both have a lot to learn and the inventory process is stiil new to them. I ice when i get home and rest as much as I can. Thank you for your kindness. It's much appreciated.
 
I'm really sorry you're struggling. Especially with your first surgery after five months out.
Lifting your leg into the car is not something you'd expect at this point.
I'm tagging @Josephine to let her weigh in on your pain.
Check back when you're able she may have questions. She's in the U.K. if you're unaware so there's
a time difference. Keep up the icing and rest at night until you get this figured out.
Wishing you peace and comfort.
@REM
 
She's 4 hours ahead of us. One of our machines was manufactured in the UK. working with their technical people has always been a challenge. Such a short window in which to get advise on correcting issues with the machine.
 
I think she is more like 5-6 hrs ahead of us...but not positive?
Orders From Headquarters :heehee: Take it easy until Jo directs.
@REM
 
Good Morning Robert~
I have a little song for you today ~
"In My Own Way" by Ray La Montagne from his Ouroboros Album ~ (My Morning Jacket plays on it with him)
Hope this takes you to your "happy place" : )
Happy Listening ~
Sending you positive healing vibes today one song at a time ~
 
Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: REM
I feel for you, sad that we have to destroy our bodies to make a living and have health insurance. In many ways it's worked out for me as they terminated me due to the restrictions my Dr. placed when they laid out what they wanted. Bottom line is you're most likely pushing your recovery backwards. I know I did just doing home chores, cost me almost a month's progress and a week in the icing chair. Luckily I could do that.
 
Hey Robert ~

I just wanted to wish you good luck today and sending out positive healing vibes to you~
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Friendly
Reactions: REM
Hi @REM
Hope you're not worse off after today's inventory.
No fun to recover on Sunday, just to wake on Monday and do it all over again.
Stay close to the ice as much as you can tolerate it.
Hope tonight is a good one!
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: REM
Hi @Layla
I made it through it in one piece.
Went in at 7:00 was done by 2:00. Ended the week with 54.5 hours. After Uncle Sam takes his cut I'll stll end up with a nice check next week. Had planned to sleep late but my neighbor decides to mow his lawn even though it didn't really need it. :( only hurts when I lift my leg. Just need to stop lifting it. Maybe I'll just drag it from now on. Trying to talk myself into going for a bike ride. Might even hum alittle "In My Own Way" while cruising down the road at 70 mph. Hope you have a great day Layla. Thank You for your kind thoughts
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom