THR REM's Recovery Thread<

Hope you have some holiday days this week.
I know there are responsibilities for you, but if you create chronic issues due to a rushed recovery...then you won't be working, right?
I know you are powering through..but please try to take any time they will give you to get a little reprieve.
Want that hip to last a lifetime.
 
Hi REM,
I just noticed Josephine hasn't been here to weigh in yet. She's in high demand but I'm sure she'll make it around soon. Would you say you're still having the same issues as when I tagged her. Decreasing? More severe?
Try to sneak in some rest and icing today.
Hope today is a good one!
@REM
 
  • Like
Reactions: REM
I'd say same. No worse. Really on gives me pain when I lift my leg to take a step or lift it to get in my truck.
 
Awwwwww ~
A ride sounds beautiful especially with Ray playing that song! I hope you're not in too much pain right now and are able to relax today ~ wowza....that was a big week ~ rest rest and more rest for you today...."Hey No Pressure".....healing Ray again : )
Sending big positive healing vibes to you right now ~
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hide a nice ride. 86 miles seemed to just fly by. Might have rode further but ran into a couple miles of rain. Not a big fan of riding in the rain. Came home got in some dry cloths now just lying in bed watching TCM. Love the old black and white movies. Daughter is over with the granddaughters. She's cooking supper. Stuffed shell's as I was told. @Mojo333
We only get the 4th off but any day off is welcome. I'll try to take a little easier on my self at work. I'm sure my pain is just me pushing the muscles to hard to soon.
Tomorrow is a bright new day. Hope everyone had a good day and a painfree night.
 
Hi there,
Glad you enjoyed your ride! Hopefully your pain is because you've pushed too hard
and some extra rest will help. Having an extra day off work this week
should help also if you don't get too wild on the 4th.
Enjoy the stuffed shells and take it easy at work.
Hope you enjoy the holiday!
@REM
 
@Layla

Thank you. I hope you are having a peaceful day. The 4th Will be a normal day here. We don't do much other than fire up the grill and grill a big pot of "GRITS" and eggs. JK. We ⌚ all the fire works our neighborhood shoots off. Grill burgers and just relax. Then try to sleep when the neighbors don't know when to call it a night. My best to you this evening
 
:rotfl: GRITS! Sends me running :bolt:

Grits won't be on my menu for the 4th. I'll be doing much the same as you.
Stay home, grill burgers, brats and standard sides (no grits) watch fireworks which are set off in our neighborhood also. My kids and grand kids will most likely be here. Then when all the fireworks and noise are over....go to bed!

I watch my granddaughter all week during the Summer so I'm chillin in preparation of tomorrow.
Enjoying the peace and quiet right now.

Sweet Dreams to you! :yawn: :sleep: Sure hope that pain eases for you.
@REM
 
My sister always makes a stack of red, white, and blue pancakes and we have strawberry and blueberry syrup.
God bless America...I'm off on the 4th too!

Glad you were able to ride...I have been four wheeling all day.
Saw a few deer, red tailed hawks , and a passle of buzzards feasting on a down on his luck armadillo.
Hips great!
Take it easy REM.
Wishing you well!:ok:
 
@Mojo333

Sounds like you had an awesome day. Hoping for less pain myself. Off to bed for me. Sweet Dreams hippies.
 
And to you.:sleep:
Take a few Tylenols and relax.
(I couldn't sleep all night until 4 months out)
Does get better:friends: be patient ...:yes:
 
Hi @REM, happy 4th of July. I hope you are having a peaceful and relaxing day. It's quiet in my particular neck of the woods. My husband is in Michigan for the week visiting family and the cats are sleeping. No day off from their usual routine. The highlight of the day so far has been a squirrel splayed out on the deck, nibbling at the bird seed like there is no tomorrow.

I hope you have less pain as they days progress.
 
Hi @Gypsy
Happy 4th of July to you. Having a very relaxing day. As a matter of fact I just woke up from a nap. Don't get much more relaxed than that. Had a nice thunder storm roll through so thought I'd take advantage of that. I'm glad you thought of me on our Nation's day of independence.
Today's been a good pain day. Hope you are feeling less pain these day's as well. Any special meal planned for tonight's supper ? Nothing really here. Thought I'd get off my butt and run get some thing to throw on the grill. That is if the stores not already been wiped clean.
 
I've got a rack of ribs...and an ice cold watermelon! Yum.
I took Mojo the dog for a woods cruise on the four wheeler and forgot we've had over 3" of rain this past week...so of course we got bogged down and apparently the winch doesn't work...:umm:
I had to put down a small pile of sticks while dodging wait-a-minute vines and blackberry stickers and then forge a new path through the woods.
Jumped two deer on the way out and saw a "covey" (don't know what is correct) if newborn armadillos.
Seriously cute, pink noses...even if they are carriers of leprosy!
Aren't I easily amused!
Great day all in all..as my hips would not have taken it before this wonderful surgery!
I'm pretty scratched up, but hey...if you're not bleeding, you're not riding!:)
Some good grilled pork chops sounds good also!:ok:
 
Last edited:
Nothing on the grill here. I went "grocery shopping" in the pantry and fridge and decided to rustle up some succotash and -- wait for it -- cheese grits! My husband won't eat them but he's traveling so, why not. I am a little scratched up on the arms but that is due to pulling weeds. Much tamer than Mojo's adventure! It started to rain a bit so maybe that will squelch any neighborhood fireworks tonight. I really don't mind them, as long as they end at a decent hour!
 
How's the pain? @REM Noticed it's still hanging on...
Just noticed @Josephine hasn't made it around yet.
Hate to bug her, she's in high demand all over the forum.
Let's see what her take is on the pain so hopefully you can move forward in comfort.
A great weekend to you!
 
Sorry folks, I've lost my place in this thread. What was I wanted for?
 
@Layla
Inventory is still ongoing. Will be going in on Saturday to complete it. Groin pain is the same. Maybe a little worse. I've had to lift my leg to get in my truck in the morning just like I had to do before my surgery. Not sure what's going on with that. This leg was the first fixed so its at 5 month's now. Just know it has me feeling down.
Guessing it's ongoing pain and leg weakness, Jo
 
  • Agree
Reactions: REM
Post #248 on June 28th, best describes his pain @Josephine

@Layla
Inventory is still ongoing. Will be going in on Saturday to complete it. Groin pain is the same. Maybe a little worse. I've had to lift my leg to get in my truck in the morning just like I had to do before my surgery. Not sure what's going on with that. This leg was the first fixed so its at 5 month's now. Just know it has me feeling down.
 
Last edited:

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom