TKR Recovery thread in case I'm eaten by my cat.

Hi Jellyfingers ,don’t worry to much about the 90 degree bend,it takes awhile for it to improve ,gentle flex exercises will work .I measured mine today and it’s now 20-25 degrees more than when I left hospital and I have only stuck to the exercises that are simple and not pushed it too far .In the early stages I was well aware how stiff everything was ,not the joint really,it was the poor traumatised muscles and tendons .To give you an idea of how much things can change ,after the op if I lay on my back I could draw my non op leg back a long was but hardly move my op knee back ,now they aren’t that far apart and I really didn’t do anything aggressive at all ,I overdid it once and boy was it painful,so never again .Sorry to jabber on but hope it helps .
 
I've just arrived at 4 weeks post op and rom not great despite lots of excercise....
4 weeks is still early days in this recovery. “Lots of exercise” is not always best for everyone. Your knee needs time to heal from the trauma the surgery caused.

Regaining our ROM is more about Time than repetitions of a list of exercises.

Time to recover.
Time for pain and swelling to settle.
Time to heal.

Our range of motion is right there all
along just waiting for that to happen so it can show itself.

In the general run of things, it doesn't need to be fought for, worked hard for or worried about. It will happen. Normal activity is the key to success.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom