Great Aunt Janet
senior
@copsham - Completely right about the importance of chairs - and I feel awful about the number of potential difficulties and discomfort I have subjected various old friends to in my house because of the low chairs - I just never realised. I am going to do something to rectify that when I am back earning some money: lounge furniture shopping!!!

Day 18 - Another good sleep last night (reeking of garlic, made my own delicious supper last night and really got into that healing stuff) and this morning walked two blocks with one crutch, concentrating all the way on good form. Also, in wound news: all the steristrips are off! Wound nice and dry and so fine a line - that glue and strip method is brilliant, I haven't had any of the itching I expected from the healing process. I can see lumps and bumps underneath from the internal stitches but it is all much better than I thought it would be.
@sunbunny your toilet tales are hilarious! I understand about the handle now, good thing we can laugh eh? I know the raised loo frame thing that I sit on is not very comfortable either, and I have to be awake to ensure there are no directional mishaps.

And I will keep on listening to the hip @Jaycey - you are so right, it soon tells me when I have been doing the wrong things - not that I hardly ever do, being paranoid...

Day 18 - Another good sleep last night (reeking of garlic, made my own delicious supper last night and really got into that healing stuff) and this morning walked two blocks with one crutch, concentrating all the way on good form. Also, in wound news: all the steristrips are off! Wound nice and dry and so fine a line - that glue and strip method is brilliant, I haven't had any of the itching I expected from the healing process. I can see lumps and bumps underneath from the internal stitches but it is all much better than I thought it would be.
@sunbunny your toilet tales are hilarious! I understand about the handle now, good thing we can laugh eh? I know the raised loo frame thing that I sit on is not very comfortable either, and I have to be awake to ensure there are no directional mishaps.

And I will keep on listening to the hip @Jaycey - you are so right, it soon tells me when I have been doing the wrong things - not that I hardly ever do, being paranoid...
Australia


">
well it's either that or walking the whole store at our new super Walmart...what can I say..
it's comin oh yeah!! 



- travelling along just as you "should"... whatever that is
The napping is it's own thing isn't it? I've never been a napper... can't sleep in, just don't enjoy it, but until about 6 weeks post THR I was crashing out mid afternoon regardless of my wishes
Not as sudden and dire as the Energy Drain proper of the first few weeks but not "my normal", it too passes... though to be honest I did hanker for a Nanna nap long after I needed or could justify having one
still good to have them on hand though - just in case
The next time we went I deemed that I needed the trolley to lean on - having control of the trolley does mean you have control of the shopping, content and speed!! Lesson learned



