THR Rainbow Recovery for Great Aunt Janet

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Have you tried Duolingo the free language learning software on the internet? There is an app but I find the online version more challenging. I have tried to learn Spanish since I have 3 grandkids in Peru but my memory is not cooperating.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Great Aunt Janet hope you are doing well. Thought of you down under when a recipe popped up for smashed potatoes from your neck of the woods. Little piles of goodness from the picture! Of course little piles carry a tad different meaning for us. Hehe. Let us see...drove today for the first time...hubby just had to come and of course true to his character fussed about my driving capabilities. He is not what can I say, a good driver. More of a weaver from one side to another because he has that head bopping thing going. ADD to say the least. Oh well now I am free to roam! Outside PT is helping but boy oh boy do I have work to do on muscles that need to gather strength. So I go to my swim class on Monday and Friday. PT on Tuesday and Thursday. Wednesday is a day of rest. The swim instructor on Wednesday is a bit of a drill sergeant. Can you imagine the girls said they could not even talk? The horrors of it all. I am making some progress slow for sure. I am grateful for not having complications other than my increased appetite. I had a talk with myself tonight about chocolate and junk. How did I get back into bad habits? Thanks for listening to my rant...all the Kisses and Heath bars are gone. Hugs!
 
@Great Aunt Janet I see you are following and posting on several threads but nothing on your own for a while. Does that mean you are feeling great? I hope so.
@sunbunny -I have given myself a lecture about eating less -smaller portions and no junk. Crackers are my bad -around 4 o'clock with cheese. I must get rid of this muffin top so crackers and cheese have to go.
 
Hiya ! Yes, quite right, I have been all fine (almost embarrassingly so!) and just had nothing new to report, hip wise. I did reach my 3 month point, and no restrictions this week, so am testing my not very flexible self to try and reach my toes. Which I can do but not enough to put polish on (eg) or anything useful. I am sure it will come with plenty of wiggling.

Mostly just busy with work (tourist season full pelt now) and also have been doing a little house painting (mother in law due soon), and getting ready for other relatives moving to my little town! I won't know myself, as I am quite a lazy old gal, used to peace and quiet... change is good, right?
:yikes:
I have been dropping in and trying to keep up with the news on your threads too - sounds like we all have the same issues with our love of a good meal (and in betweenies) :eyebrows: and overdoing things from time to time. Although you both put me to shame with your exercise classes and long long walks - good girls!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom