Guest viewing is limited

MUA R knee and tightness<

Don't be scared of an MUA. It may well give you just the kick start you need just now. And if it doesn't work, you won't have lost anything. At least you gave it a try.

I'm rather more concerned about the allergy issue. You are 6 months out now so I suggest you get a second opinion on that. If there is even the slightest risk you have nickel allergy, it needs to be checked out.
 
Hi Julie, I had an mua at 9 weeks and my surgeon at that time advised me it was the only way my knee was going to bend (I was at 69 then). I was done as an outpatient without any pain meds onboard when I woke up. But I really think that is going to be different for you as they are keeping you in overnight so they really should have your pain well managed during and after. Also, at my most recent follow up this week I am still only about 75 degrees but my surgeon believes the bend is there and that once my inflammation comes down the bend will show. He did not mention a second mua. :loveshwr: So maybe your surgeon is leaning in the right direction. Good luck with everything, I hope to read things are turning around for you and that there is no allergy involved. Praying for you.
 
So happy to hear that @LFitz, Lynn! I'm having the same issue as Julie at only 7wks out. I'm like the Lion in the Wizard of Oz.. standing before the Great Oz- scared to tears, LOL! Nice to hear anything positive about an MUA at this point!
 
Good luck with the MUA. It sounds like your doc has given the knee some time and this might just help you.
 
I had 2 MUAs. The first one at 12 weeks post TKR and I got more ROM and then a second one last week in addition to arthroscopic removal of scar tissue. Both times, I gained about 10+% in ROM. You'll be sore for a few days, but every degree of flexibility will be worth the soreness!

Best wishes!
 
Please all....wish me luck! I will be having MUA on Monday (6/27/16). Really don't want to have to go through this but I think I will always regret it if I don't and then don't get any more bend in my knee. 80 to 85 degrees bend is not what I want for the rest of my life! I think I am more nervous about having this done than I was about the surgery! So glad for the support I get on this site!! No one I know here understands what I am going through and I know many of you do! Just hope this works! @Josephine thank you for all you do!...and all the others who have supported me!
 
Don't be scared. It's really a minor procedure and I think it's entirely appropriate for you at this point.
Don't forget to ask the surgeon what degree he got it to while you were under!
 
@Josephine OK...I will ask him! I am going to make a list of questions for before and after and have my husband hold onto it so he can ask him and write the answer down. Just in case I'm too out of it! Thanks again! I will let my bonesmart friends know how it goes!
 
All the best for Monday, praying it will be a success. Let us know how you get on.
Love, Tabby xxx
 
Thank you all for the well wishes! I appreciate it so much!
 
I think this is definitely the right decision at this point. You will be fine and I really believe you will be completely pain managed. Remember you aren't having this done early on like some of us did when everything was still trying to heal. I think that caused some of the additional pain that was felt. Don't be fearful, it will all be ok. Just so you know, if my doctor says I actually do need to go back in and do another one after we try what I am doing now, I will do it because like you said you don't want to go through the rest of your life at 80-85. You got this! I can't wait to hear how happy you are on the other side. :-)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thank you @LFitz! Your encouragement...and everyone else's too...uplifts me. I have read much of your thread and it sounds like you have gone through much too! Good to hear encouraging words from someone who has also gone through a MUA. Hope your recovery progresses without any more bumps in the road!
 
OK...spare bedroom is all set up with CPM machine for after my MUA tomorrow. My sweetie husband put a small television in there...had to re-route the cable up there so I so appreciate him doing that since I will probably be spending a lot of time in there. Can do the rest I need to do tomorrow before I go to the hospital. Especially since I don't have to be there until 1:15PM. Yipes...I have to be nothing by mouth after midnight! I should be nicely dehydrated by the time they put my IV in...which is what happened when I had my TNR in January...and that time I didn't have to be there until 10:30 AM...they finally got it in on the 3rd attempt. Wonder if I will get much sleep tonight. Less nervous about it today...just want to get it over with so I can move on. Hoping after tomorrow I will have new found freedom to start bending my knee further! I am very hopeful that is what will happen! Thanks to all for your support and encouragement! :praying:
 
Thinking of you so much today Julie! You are such a fabulous example to those who may need a MUA in the future. I just keep thinking about what Josephine said recently about it being a relatively simple procedure. I'm proud of you for going forward with what you feel is best for you. Your new flexion & mobility is just around the corner!! Can't wait to hear from you- and if you need to vent here, you go for it! We've got your back!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom