MUA R knee and tightness<

Sending positive thoughts your way that you wake up with a bend that puts a smile on your face and breathe of relief in your heart.
 
Sending positive thoughts your way that you wake up with a bend that puts a smile on your face and breathe of relief in your heart.

Very touching Lynn! :yes:

[Bonesmart.org] R knee and tightness<
 
@Josephine Well, I had my MUA this afternoon. Went good and the best news is that OS got my knee bent to 130 degrees. I cried when I was told that....my hopes are lifted! Had some nausea and threw up once...even though all I had was sips of clear liquids. They gave me Zofran and no emesis since. Pain is not bad at all but they did give me a femoral nerve block and I guess that helps for quite some time. I think they told me but now I can't remember. Have been in the CPM machine pretty much none stop since recovery room. Feel like I have a good chance now to have a good outcome with this whole ordeal! Hopefully can go home tomorrow! Bless you all for being there for me....you are an awesome bunch!! :happydance:
 
Awesome Julie- I've been thinking about you all afternoon and looking forward to this update! WOW, 130 degrees- that's A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! Hoping you rest well tonight and get home tomorrow! You did it. YAY!!!
 
Hi Julie,
So pleased to hear it went well. Thought of you as soon as I woke up. Keep us updated.
Love, Tabby xxx
 
I'm glad the MUA went well. It will have caused some soft tissue damage, so treat your knee gently - lots of TLC and only gentle exercise.
 
Yay, it's over with. Now, it's all good from here!
 
Went good and the best news is that OS got my knee bent to 130 degrees.
Julie, while that is a great result, don't be disappointed if it takes a dive once the femoral block has worn off. The MUA will cause a fair bit of swelling which, as you know, inhibits the ROM. This might last a couple of weeks.
 
Glad to hear your MUA went well, will follow your thread with interest as I'm due to have an MUA on Thursday.
 
Julie, I'm so glad everything went well yesterday and that you are heading home comfortable and not nauseated. Remember they've just re-tweaked your knee so be gentle and hopefully that bend is right where you want it. :praying:
 
Recline, relax, do the mantras in line with your MUA and spend time with us here-haha!
 
I am home and quite comfortable on just Norco. Been taking it every 4 hrs. Using my CPM machine now and have it set at 100 degrees which the doctor said not to get too excited about the setting as he says CPM's are not very accurate. Just want me to set it wherever I am comfortable, even if I have to set it lower than previous setting. Really surprised at how far I can bend it without pain. Got it to 98 degrees by myself in therapy today. Just to discomfort...not pain. Physical therapist was very gentle and constantly asking me about how it was feeling! Can't wait to see how far I will be able to eventually bend my knee. Once again...thank you all for the well wishes. Time for a nap while icing and elevating....pain pills make me so sleepy!!
 
That's good to hear! I've found rfT gentle PT helped me a lot. Maybe it's all in my head but when you trust them, you get better results- I did.

Soreness only last a few days. It gets better. Trust me!
 
Here's a neat little forum tip @Jordon6! If after you've posted your reply you see a mispelled word or a sentence you just don't like, there is a grey Edit option at the bottom of your post on the left facing the screen! Click on 'Edit' and you can correct the misspell or rearrange your sentence!

[Bonesmart.org] R knee and tightness<
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom