MUA R knee and tightness<

@Suz Thanks for the balloon message! I LOVE Snoopy!
 
@Suz Thanks for the balloon message! I LOVE Snoopy!

@jmp65, Julie, I want you to know I worked very hard to bring the size down- haha! He wanted to take the whole page-LOL! We're going to get you through the next few days Sweetie! = )
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I love it Jordon! I just hope the Forum Staff aren't alerted every time I Edit.. LOL! I'm addicted to it!
No, we're not alerted.

The "Edit" function only lasts for a short while (about a day, I think, but it may be less). Don't feel concerned if you're no longer able to edit. If it's really important, the staff can edit for you after that, if you ask.
 
Hope you are resting easy tonight Julie! Thinking of you and sending healing hugs your way!

[Bonesmart.org] R knee and tightness<
 
My first full day out of the hospital has been uneventful. Spending most of my time icing and elevating or in the CPM machine. Up to 102 degrees in CPM. Walking unassisted. Only been taking one Norco and one regular strength acetaminophen about every 5-6 hours. So far this has been much less painful than I thought it would be. Taking it easy and letting my husband do things around the house. Dosing off a lot...pain pills make me so sleepy! Thanks everyone for encouraging me to go ahead with MUA....so far...so good! Counting my lucky stars! Which means all of you! So appreciative for prayers being answered and all my Bonesmart friends! @Josephine your words especially encouraged me! You too @Suz :loveshwr:
 
WHEW- I'm SO glad to hear things aren't as dreaded as we imagined! Walking unassisted- that's wonderful!
By July 4th you'll be ready to Picnic! YAY YOU!!
 
@newlybionic Yes.can't wait to see how far I can eventually bend my knee. I know...I have to be patient and give it time...and I will! As long as I continue to make progress and I can get to my full potential, I can wait. I had been stuck for so long! It just feels so good to be able to bend my knee more...it's like a new found freedom! YIPEE!!!
 
I'm so pleased you are feeling a benefit already, and that your feelings of dread were unfounded. When you get over the soreness I'm sure you will feel it's been worthwhile. Well done you!
Love, Tabby xxx
 
Here's a neat little forum tip @Jordon6! If after you've posted your reply you see a mispelled word or a sentence you just don't like, there is a grey Edit option at the bottom of your post on the left facing the screen! Click on 'Edit' and you can correct the misspell or rearrange your sentence!
You would have found "How To" articles here Editing a post here How To Use This Forum.
@Josephine your words especially encouraged me!
Jolly good! :thumb:
 
Went to my OS for follow-up after MUA. He is happy with things so far! Knee more sore yesterday and today. Backing off some with the CPM machine. OS ok with it if I go down in degrees some...as long as I continue to use CPM machine. To set it where I am just a little bit uncomfortable and then just a little bit more. Says I need to keep it loose so it doesn't get stiff again. My husband is obsessing about it more than I am. Keeps asking me if I set CPM up more yet. Then gives me a lecture about how he doesn't want me to regress. Tried to explain to him how it is going to regress some for a while but he is just driving me crazy about it! He's hovering over me and constantly asking me how my knee is...if it's any better...etc, etc. Doesn't like it when I say it's the same. I know he's just concerned and wants my knee to be all better but it is not just going to magically be all better. Needs time to heal! Wish I could make him STOP! Guess I can't change Mr. Worry Wart...I know he means well! LOL
 
Keep on doing what you're doing--it sounds like it's going fine.
 
@jmp65 I was glad when I was able to convince my husband to go back to work after 5 days, he was driving me crazy trying to get me to eat, I couldn't make him understand that with the nausea I was having I couldn't eat, kept buying all kinds of foods for me, still is, my fridge is packed. I know he was doing it out of love and trying to take care of me and so is your hubby.

I hope you continue to have a smooth recovery...keep us posted!!
 
@uva55 @sistersinhim You guys are right! My hubby is just concerned about me and does do what he does out of love! He is retired and we are still adjusting to me being retired (as of the 1st of the year). Feel bad now that I complained...he really is a good man. I think sometimes he is just frustrated...he expected me to recover faster than I am and just wants us to be able to enjoy retirement together and there is still so much that I can't do. Guess I just needed to vent. Sorry ladies. Once I recover from the MUA...hopefully we can do more enjoyable things together.
 
Vent anytime you want to. That's what we are here for. We understand while most other folks don't. This is like a close nick family and has been such of comfort of me!
 
@jmp65 it's OK, this is the perfect place to vent and get it all out, so that we can just smile at them, say thank you honey, and don't kill them...I don't know about you, but I don't look good in orange, haha

Explain to him that one of the reasons you had surgery is so that you can enjoy all those things you will be able to do together in a few weeks. I was not able to do much prior to my surgery due to the knee pain.
 
@uva55 I know what you mean. My life was getting so hard and limiting me as to what I could do because of the knee pain. My most becoming color is not orange either...black and white stripes aren't good either! Hahaha! See how you BS people cheer me up? @sistersinhim me too about the comfort. I appreciate ALL of you!! Thanks for understanding!
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom