Guest viewing is limited

THR Psychteach is ready to move on to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is funny.. Even when I say that to people who live here in florida they think I mean California or something. Lol. West coast of florida is beautiful.. People are a little nicer... Lol..



LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
Jen you are doing so awesome. Your recovery is everything I had hoped for you! Continued success my friend! Good luck on the house hunting. jackie
 
  • Agree
Reactions: VF
I hope you are able to find something great on the west coast of FL....
How fun to be able to look for a new home. Have fun!
 
@psychteach so happy to read how well you are doing….its great to be feeling normal again. Every now and again when I do something I haven't done in a while I get so excited. I was suit shopping with my son (for his job)…..he got tired before me….he laughed and said thats the only thing he misses about pre-op Mom….you got tired sooner so we didn't shop for as long….lol

I spend my winter in Naples Florida…….LOVE it…..I agree I love the west coast…….have fun house hunting….
 
Day 25 Thank you everybody for your good wishes. You all have been amazing support for me and I am so grateful to have developed the friendships I have in this board.@hdold so funny about your son! Shopping is something I miss.. Or at least being to just walk around and do it!!! I feel almost bad that I have nothing to say about my recovery anymore.. I just am feeling better and better and more normal everyday. Life is getting back to where I was 5 years ago... And that is only after 3.5 weeks. !! I can just imagine when I get to where some of my buddies are how great it will be. Still using cane when going out.. But I really am just flipping it around did not using it for support the way I was .. My knee has had to relearn to bend when walking and it gets a great feeling of muscle soreness that tells me my muscles are working again.. Yeah!!! My energy is awesome.. I equate that to being back to my vitamins and healthy eating. I really do wish I had not wasted the last 5 years fearing this surgery.. I could have been cycling, playing tennis and not siting out on life and simple things like walking...:( I am up to about 2.5 miles on stationary bike a day.. When I was in PT all of a sudden while listening to my downloaded music on my iPhone .. The batman theme came on.. ??? Not on my playlist???? Am I becoming a super hero with my new bionic hip???? Lol. It was funny.., Slow and steady.. Love hearing that all my buds are getting out and about snd enjoying their lives... So grateful for all of this:) Have an awesome positive day all!

And happy Father's Day to all you dads out there!




LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
Last edited by a moderator:
At the airport did not set of detector! Feels great to walk and keep up with hubby!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
You rock girl!! I barely remember that scared pre op girl. You sound awesome. Welcome to the good life!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Psychteach is ready to move on to the other side


Made me laugh.. A little humor for the day:)


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
Day 31:so time is flying by and I must say I am starting to have many reminders of what normal feels like again. I am not using cane much and feeling like my leg in last few days is strong again. It feels NORMAL. I have some soreness from muscles and IT band stretch but nothing that Feels any different from my pre hip days when I would play a game of tennis or go for a run. Never thought muscle pain would make me feel so good;) PT is progressing with added weights and I am now up to riding stationary bike daily 3.5 miles . I rest and ice after workouts . I literally have no hip pain at all. Lumpy bumpy incision that I hope flattens out soon.. Back on glucosamine, gelatin and vitamins , raw iron since day 4 and feeling like my body is strong. Energy good... Sleeping 8+ hours a night.. No meds. Hope all who are pre op and nervous like I was feel good to know that life comes back after this surgery.. I wish I had not wasted 5 years... But I guess life knew better when the right time was ,So no regrets.. Just positive looking to future.


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@psychteach, you are definitely one of my inspirations from this group! Your candid comments about recovery and expectations are so welcomed and I hope I have just a part of your success after my surgery! I'm SO ready to get on with life, even if it means putting "life" on hold for a few months!
 
@beachgal Thank you for that! I had such fear of this surgery beforehand and I looked to others who had a positive recovery to get me through it.. I had a couple of wonderful role models on this board who really helped me and I hope I can do same.. It has been a truly learning experience on positivity in my life and how much it can change and effect your recovery..Keep your mind set strong. You will do great and I mean what I say, it is a truly amazing surgery!! I can not believe how awesome I feel and have felt from the beginning:) I will be watching your thread.. Need moral support? I am here.


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
I swear by gelatin! Twice a day!



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®

Right anterior approach on April 15, 2014
 
I swear by gelatin! Twice a day!



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®

Right anterior approach on April 15, 2014
@VF me too.. I notice a difference when I use it and when I don't. Plus it makes my hair and nails awesome.


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
Way to go, @psychteach !!! You certainly are the poster girl for this procedure! I'm proud of my fellow South Floridian. Never thought about gelatin. Will have to give it a shot. Could you explain the form of your raw iron intake? My hemo is low (8.9) and will need to prop it up before Dr. Noble will do my other THR. I am taking nu-iron pills but that has its own problems, ie, constipation.
 
@insexec I take an iron that is in pill form that is basically just foods that are rich in iron.i never did well with iron ( prenatal or otherwise) this one is great no stomach upset, no constipation..it is by Vitamin Code.. Raw Iron. They have it at whole foods or I buy it on amazon too. For gelatin.. I use osteo bi flex nutria joint also on amazon


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom