THR Psychteach is ready to move on to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, @psychteach for that specific info on the gelatin and iron. I will definitely get some from amazon. I was very happy with Dr. Noble and the outcome of my THR. Unfortunately, my other hip started acting up 3 weeks after my op and I could not bear any weight on it and therefore was a little behind in my recovery. My first 3 weeks were absolutely great and almost pain free. Thank God that has eased up now and I am back in full recovery mode. You certainly are an inspiration. Thanks again and best to you.
 
@insexec glad that helped! And happy you are doing so well .. Minus the second hip!! I feel lucky that mine was from an injury.. The other one is in great shape:)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Good for you that you are done! This too shall pass for me! I can't wait to have both hips working in top condition. My issues are caused by being extremely active in sports (medium pace cricket bowler, squash almost 2 hours most days, and competitive judo) as a child and young adult and never thought it would have such an impact later in my life.
 
@insexec I probably should also mention vitamin code has a supplement called blood builder.. It contains iron, vitamin b , vitamin c and folic acid.. It is specifically for building up hemoglobin .. It's also on amazon .. Very highly rated and I use that too... Also non stomach upset, no constipation made of natural raw foods


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
I use Great Lakes gelatin green dissolves in h20


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
gelatin...hhmmm.. gonna try it..have any of you tried apple cider vinegar?? for joint pain. I don't have much but now in hip but other areas have cropped up since I'm not on anti inflammatories anymore. Need to check out this gelatin thing :)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Yep Braggs apple cider vinegar! How about vodka? Seriously Great Lakes gelatin palatable and worthwhile!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®

Right anterior approach on April 15, 2014
 
[QUOTE="psychteach, Lumpy bumpy incision that I hope flattens out soon..


@psychteach I have been doing deep massage of the scar tissue under my incision a couple of times a day and it has really smoothed down (i am also rubbing in Mederma) and my scar is now just a thin purple line. There are lots of Youtube videos of massage to break down scar tissue.

Also another great report! I was discharged from PT today...passed all the strength tests and my DW (who is an Occupational Therapist) came to the session and was taught the passive stretches the PT is recommending I keep doing daily for a few more months.
 
@Dieter thanks for that info Last night being sore from PT I was rubbing an area around incision and I do not know if it is my imagination. ( as crazy as it can be! ) but when I looked at my incision today it looked way flatter!!! Crazy.. I will check out those YouTube videos you mentioned.. Super glad you are doing so well too!!! Woohoo!!!!! Are you able to tie your shoe yet? My ROM was so bad before I am thinking that will be the last thing to come back fully for me..@poppet I have tried to link to that nutritional link and it brings me to just a person's post.. ....?.. I am curious to read it also.


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
@allahere.. I use this one .. It has vita d and glucosamine.. I used to use Knox gelatin after reading how it can help with hip pain before surgery. I rarely took any meds.. Just aleve and never had cortisone shots.. I was bone on bone.. But when I took gelatin I felt like it cushioned the pain.. Now I am taking it to keep other hip good and to promote bone growth. It is a natural product .. And even if it proves to not help .. It will not hurt you.. It will only make your hair and nails stronger . I mix it in my grapefruit juice in morning.. You can put it in any drink.. Not bad tasting


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Psychteach is ready to move on to the other side
    ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1403311467.259125.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 196
Last edited by a moderator:
Day 34 tomorrow is 5 weeks!! Can not believe it! I am doing awesome. My biggest complaint ( and I really am not complaining! ) is my muscle soreness. All those unused muscles are coming alive and they are moaning! The back of my knee is so sore .Some tightness on side of knee..My hamstring not being used so long is complaining .. My IT band is tight. I bought a deep tissue massager on amazon and hoping that will help. I ice and elevate and take Tylenol as needed.My incision is flattening out.. And feel some tightness there as it does.

My life has slowly returned.. Last night went out to celebrate my husbands birthday with a great Mexican dinner and some margaritas:) I have my 6 week check with OS next Monday ..

As I mentioned before the muscle pain is a welcome feeling knowing my muscles are coming back to life! Still riding my stationary bike everyday about 4 miles.. That has been the best thing I owned in terms of my recovery. The raised toilet was thrown out weeks ago and I am working on ditching the recliner we bought for this.. Does not go with my living room:) .. But amazingly , all of a sudden , I do not seem to be able to get my husband out of it!!! Ughh. I still use cane when going out for stability.. Still concentrating on walking correctly .. Heel. Toe ... As I was walking so awfully before this and my gait was so bad. I am truly blessed so far in this recovery and am very grateful for that. Feeling stronger and stronger .


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom