Guest viewing is limited

THR Psychteach is ready to move on to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoy! You so deserve this!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®

Right anterior approach on April 15, 2014
 
Have an awesome dinner! I'm such a foodie that I find myself want to know what you had :)
 
@psychteach so glad all going well. Don't worry about the leg weakness with pt those muscles will get strong and in no time you will be walking with no cane and no limp. Hope you had a nice night out and enjoyed that glass of wine…..:flwrysmile:
 
@psychteach catching up on your recovery! you are a Rock Star! So proud of you, look where you are after that pre op unease!
We went out to dinner with great friends last night as well (Im not much of a beef eater, but had steak and shrimp...yummy...figured it would be good nutrition for healing!)even though I got tired, you probably can relate how happy I was I din't have to get up and walk around every 15 minutes because of joint pain!
Keep up the great work!
 
I love taking my new hip out! Seriously! Feels good to walk straight and with no pain! New hip the best accessory!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®

Right anterior approach on April 15, 2014
 
@psychteach I am adjusting to using all my leg muscles again, too. I've been on a cane for the last two weeks, although the last few days I don't use it in the house. I have to purposefully think about my gait when I'm walking. Outpatient PT has been great for me- I'm using muscles I forgot I had! I think my issue is that the muscles in my two legs are not at the same level, so I have to " think" while I walk to make the muscles work correctly. Does that make sense? By the way, how's Reilly doing?
 
Day 20
That does make sense about thinking about walking correctly. I have to think about bending knee on my op side as I avoided that before surgery and now it is not an issue . My stationary bike has been awesome.. Really building up time and miles..The strength is coming back. Can stand and do leg lifts with non op leg.. All weight on only op leg and do like 20 lifts.. Could not do that a week ago. I am pretty much starting to feel normal. Not even too much stiffness anymore. Slept 9 hours last night.sleep is not an issue. I am day 20.. Realize I am posting little.. Not much to say.. Hip is slowly becoming non issue. Really just building up strength. Plan to work on all over strength this summer... Core strengthening and back to my pre bad hip body..
For all who have so kind in the story of the tragic killing of my sons best friend's girlfriend , here is an update if interested. Michael and my son cris are headed up to New Jersey this week for memorial and funeral. Michael donated $ 2000 to her funeral go fund me . Both he and my son are struggling to make sense of senselessness. Life lessons that are hard to learn.
broken link removed: https://touch.sun-sentinel.com/#section/1138/article/p2p-80433753/
And @PuppyLove.. Great newsRiley had her sonogram and it seems nothing but a cogential murmur that just should be watched.. Relieved:) hope everyone is feeling as good as I do.. Have a happy Sunday:)


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Psychteach, great to hear inspiring words of healing, yay :) Will keep you and your son in our thoughts and prayers, also...
 
Day 21.. Wow three weeks today since my surgery:) had out patient therapy today. I went back to the same PT that did my pre op PT. Boy was he pleased as was I.!!!My left hip range of motion before surgery was the worst he had ever seen. It is now like 90 flexion up from about 40. He said in just a few weeks that it will be perfect, as it is close to normal now.Told me my right hip was better than most of general population range of motion .. So thank goodness for my right amazing hip:) I did a great deal of stretching and now riding 10 minutes on bike.. Feels great to have my heart pump and muscles work.Also walked without cane.He says a matter of days till cane will be history. Feel so much stronger in strength of leg by the minute. Even from yesterday great improvement. Amazing.. Feels really good to know my body is getting strong again..:)hope all my friends on BS are doing well today. Life is good:)

Thank you all for your good wishes for my son and his best friend Michael. Hoping we hear soon that they find out who did this senseless act to a very special girl.. I know the detectives are working hard.. Today is memorial.. Tomorrow funeral. They have raised 39,741.00 on go fund me in 3 days to help parents pay for memorial and funeral . She was loved by so many:)



LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Day 23. Enjoying my morning coffee and the beautiful florida morning and so amazed at how well I feel and how unexpectedly easy this recovery has been so far. I really feel completely blessed. It feels so normal.. No stiffness , still not as flexible or strong as non op leg but amazing in how good it does feel. Incision pain is diminishing. Only when bumped is it sore . I have been back on vitamins since day 3. B12, raw food iron, collagen and glucosamine, vitamin d , calcium and a multi vitamin. I am eating healthy , feeling good. Have not even had too much energy drain, although I feel more winded after doing activities I normally do not..walking in house without cane more.. Leg gets really stronger everyday. I am thinking by next week I will be able to put my cane aside for good. My goal is to be sure I am very secure in my walking and not let my self limp or go back to old habits I developed in my crazy gait and walking before surgery. Doing out PT twice a week. Doing my own PT at home everyday including my cycling and walking. It is so amazing to see all my friends out there also doing awesome.. We are headed over to west coast of Florida in 2 weeks to start up our house hunting again.. See a jazz concert .. Looking forward to enjoying my summer off pain free.



LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
So good to hear. Where in West Coast are you looking. We vacation in Ft. Myers Beach in the summer for a few weeks towards mid August. We are traveling for fathers day to St. Louis, wonder if I will set the metal sensor off at the airport!?
 
So happy for you @psychteach it is fun to notice the little things...I was at a board meeting yesterday and without even thinking about it crossed my left ankle on my rt knee...then it dawned on me that I'd not been able to do that for at least a year!
 
So glad to hear you are doing so well @psychteach . It sure feels good to be pain free huh? This Saturday I have to go to the airport and go through security to pick up a minor travelling alone. Will be interesting to see if I set off the sensors!
 
@Dieter yeah.. Isn't that weird.. I used to sit far from table when I ate as I could not bend over my plate due to the restriction of bending at hip
After my surgery I can lean forwArd over my plate.. !!! I am a much neater eater now:)@vf we have been looking in the east sarasota area.. We want some land.. 5-10 acres.. My husband loves landscaping and I want to breed golden retrievers.. Lol..good luck on metal detectors .. Let me know how that goes.. You too @bamagirl!!!


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
Ha ha. That would be a big move. West coast of FL is super different than east coast. West coast has amazingly clear water and beaches. Very desirable area to own property! We love it there. :surfer:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom