THR Psychteach is ready to move on to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 37 OMG !!!! Can I tell you how amazing it feels to really sweat!!! Like major physical energy sweat!!! I love that feeling!! It has been so long since I have been able to feel the push from that.. The adrenaline rush from that.. Clocking 6 miles Cycling a day.. No pain .. No soreness...Life is so good.


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
Awesome!!!! I did 25 min on the elliptical (in stair climb) then swam 10 laps...yes the excursion feels great!
 
6 week check today . Cleared for everything! And do what ever I want. Yoga, running, cycling swimming .. But OS stressed I really need to forget the hip and get on with my life completely.It looks great in X-rays .. Bone grown around.. OS said he would give me more PT if I want but feels getting back to normal sport and life activities is all I need. No more aspirin.. Walking great!! No more cane.. Only tiny limp when really tired and that will go away as leg gets stronger. Hiked a nature trail this past weekend.. I see doctor again in 6 months. So all my friends I will continue to check in every so often to see how all my friends are doing as well as all the newbies , But as most, i will, ( and have ) been on BS less and less and that is what happens as life improves and we all move on.This board has been amazingly supportive of my journey and I am appreciative to all my friends on here. Feel good all:)



LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
@psychteach I'm so happy for your recovery. I look forward to some real exercise. I don't know when I'll be able to get on an exercise bike. My surgeon told me I can never run again and cannot do any high impact exercise. I'm big into lifting weights, so I'm sure that will be modified too. Off topic, how on earth do you know the date when people respond to a post? I've replied to a post only to figure out the person may have had surgery 6 months ago, not a week ago.
 
@lablawrence . Thank you.. Although all surgeons have different protocols , most try to give you back the life you had before. I do not know much about weight lifting and see how that might be hard on hips , but I think many have gone on to do that activity in time even if modified slightly. My OS has told me to act like I never had a hip and enjoy my life.. I have been lifting low weight weights since week 3.. As he said I was not restricted..Keep positive hopes.. Most on here go on to do all the activities they love again:) you are still newly out..about the date of surgery.. There is sometimes a date on last post or a surgery date in signature line.

Also the stationary bike I started week 2. I started 5 minutes .. Now I ride 30 minutes. I believe it is one if the main reasons for my good recovery




LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
What a great recovery report, @psychteach!! I am so happy for you. You give us all the inspiration we need to trudge along with our own recovery. Me.....doing great with operated hip.....not so good with the other hip. LTHR Surgery tentatively scheduled for July 15. Absolutely cannot wait. Will post more as I get closer to that date. You go enjoy life and thank you for all your positive messages and encouragement!
 
@insexec thank you . It can be hard with all the stuff we must deal with to always stay positive. But truthfully I feel it helps to keep your head in that place.. Our brains are so wired to signal our body what we are thinking.. And lots of medical science is seeing how much positivity affects our recoveries. My OS said that is the major factor he sees in good recoveries is how positive people are during the process. I am so sorry to hear about your other hip but I know you mentioned in your other posts that it was an issue that had to be dealt with sooner or later..July 15th ? Soon huh? How is the hemoglobin coming along? Getting better? Please keep me updated and say hi to dr noble for me:) tell him I thought he was great.. Just a logistics issue:)


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
@psychteach, I am so with you on having a positive approach! Unfortunately, no one told my other hip about that. The bone on bone is getting worse and I have to get it taken care of as soon as possible. My hemo level is getting better but the true test will be when I have another blood test next week. That will determine the timing of my surgery. Will keep you posted. I will give your regards to Dr. Noble when I see him for a pre-op next week. Best to you.
 
Hey Psychteach, I didn't want to steal a thread, so here goes:
I'm at Day 18. Hip joint feels little or no pain, but the incision area is still sore. Before surgery, I finally gave up riding my bike cuz I just could no longer get on it due to zero flexibility. I'm in my house testing and I can get on the bike now no problem. How long did it take you to go for a real bikeride outdoors, please?
 
@waterman1 I just starting with bike outside but that is mostly cause of florida weather. Hot or rain. I want to ride everyday so I have been doing most of my ride on indoor bike. My incision finally in last few weeks started to hurt less. I was not worried as it is healed up nicely. It just was sore . I really had zero pain other than that. I stopped posting cause I know others are annoyed hearing how great I feel!! I understand everyone is different and not all are as lucky as me, but this recovery has been so so easy. I have felt worse when I had a cold:) hope you are feeling good. I check in regularly so ask me anything you need to know:)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom