THR Psychteach is ready to move on to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! Just stopping by to say hello to all my friends. Hope all are well! Monday was 14 weeks. I now ride 10 miles a day now, and clocking in 5 miles or more of walking on fitbit daily now that I have been back at school for 3.5 weeks now. My former students are amazed after seeing me hobble around last year compared to how I walk now.I feel amazing! Totally never even think about my hip ever. Wear heels, went on 10 mile hike this past weekend. I feel so blessed to have had such an easy recovery. My legs are toned and muscular again.. Such a wonderful feeling! So so glad I did this.. I truly have my active life back.. For those who have surgeries coming.. You will be so happy.. Trust me!!! I will check in soon .. Feel good everyone.. ,,,


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
@psychteach Soo happy to read your report. Isn't it so nice to have your life back?.....Truly blessed. I just hit my 4 month and my recover has been amazing. Today was my first day back at school and I feel like a whole person again:)...So happy to hear how well your doing. It gives others hope that they can do this to. All my best....Sue :)
 
Glad to hear you are doing so well. I've traded free weights for a total gym. Do four sessions a week. I supplement that with a half hour on a bike on a kurt kinetic trainer so about 8 miles. I used to walk at lunch time every dayuntil hip gave out. I now have most of that walk back. It feels great to be out in the sunshine . Well what portion of sunshine we get in Pittsburgh.

My older sister got her left hip about 10 months before I got mine. She helped me get through my procedure and in about a week gets her right hip done. It will be interesting to go back to orthopedic unit as a visitor and touch base with nursing and rehab. So glad I got this done is an enormous understatement.
 
@psychteach I'm so glad you're doing so well! My hip is great and the rest of me will be after my BTKR in two weeks. I don't think I'll be biking 10miles a day, but I'd be happy with a few!
 
That's pretty funny. I stopped in this morning.... First time in weeks really. Then I see you stopped in also. Must be a school thing.

Glad to hear your doing so well! I'll be racing my first bike race since the surgery Saturday!
 
@psychteach , you have come a very long way! I remember your first posts - filled with fear! Look at you now! Well done!
 
@psychteach, Awesome report!!! I am so proud of you!!
It is wonderful to know you are doing so well and enjoying your new life!!
Best wishes to you for continued happiness and health!!!
 
It's fantastic to hear you're doing so well, @psychteach :)
(Bonesmart must have sent out some kind of signal on Thursday, because I checked in for the first time in ages on that day too!)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom