THR Postalgal's left hip recovery

If anyone out there, needing advice. I have taken tramadol since August for pain, real honest to goodness pain, hence a hip surgery was performed. Given the Percocet, off now, bad dreams, and not extreme pain, and the Darvocet.. it is 930 pm, I took one at 900 am last and 2 tylenol for nagging pain at 345pm today. I think having some sort of withdrawals like sweats, can't sit still, foggy brain, cold turkey is hard, should i take a darvocet now, 12 hours later, and do that way? If I don't see anything, I may do that, than try cold turkey. I just don't want any more pills, just mostly have nagging and weird pains, nothing I can't deal with, then if needed i have backups.
Confused....see, another sign! lol
 
I'm not a medical expert so really can't advise you. But it's always better to taper off meds, not just stop them. Can you cut your dosage down to half the then ease off?
 
@Jaycey the pain comes back at night, so I ended up with the darvocet, then nurse called, she said same, half it today and try, but take doseage at night as pain comes back at night. UGH Why extra pain at night you don't have during the day? :flabber:
 
@Jaycey Would you change the name of this thread to Postalgal's Left hip recovery? Pretty please? I like it when the person's name is in it, so hard to figure out who is who, lol.
 
@Postalgal changed your thread title for you.
Why extra pain at night you don't have during the day?
Your body is tired after a full day of activity. It does not matter how little you do - the body is in big time healing mode. It all builds up during the day. Taking your meds at strategic times like day and night means you can maintain your mobility and get the rest you need.

Still early days! You'll get there!
 
@Jaycey thank you on both counts!! Makes perfect sense now! Here is to a better night tonight!!


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
@Postalgal Wait girl! You telling me to slow down lol. I think you need to slow down too. You sound just like me .. go go go go .. but we really do need to give bodies time to heal. Pain more at night because in daylight we are both like the energizer bunny is my bet lol. It is a known fact that pain you can kind of ignore when you are doing other things will become a lot worse at night. It's going to be a while before i give up my pain meds at night. Have made the switch to one every four hours right now though. Eventually that will be one just before bedtime but not messing up and ending up miserable again because i quit taking the Norco too soon.

You keep feeling better twinnie!
 
@tamra I know right! lol So mind my own advice, me like you is not going to make that mistake at night again! lol
 
Leg compressors off! :happydance: Good night last night, woke two times to potty. :chillpill: Keeping that pillow between legs, that part is worry-some about the leg crossover. But I have a long giant pillow. I feel so free now without the compressors. Only two more days with Granddaughter :beg: Well she might be coming back, she said yesterday tomorrow is already Thursday? Yeah, we have had fun, a great caregiver, I will have to upload a pic of us. Plus I thought of this as she tries something in the nursing field, she can use this for her resume! :giggle::wowspring:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Postalgal's left hip recovery

Granddaughter was swooped up by boyfriend today :( But lots of bonding time!

Home alone, think will be fine.

Today is our wedding anniversary ! Hoping to get out after husband comes home ? Hopefully can go vote tomorrow . Can you see I want out? Lol OS appt is Wednesday, long ride, but wil be ready!

First night without leg pumps, awesome!
Hope everyone is doing well!


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Lovely photo @Postalgal ! So happy you got some quality time with your granddaughter.
 
Thank you both, horrible pic, but it is what it is lol! She was a joy and a big help! She saw all the emotion by her grandma, but she said what was new? Lol! So I am close to all 5 of my grands.

Today marked 16 year anniversary , my favorite yellow roses and its warm enough here, the hub cooked steaks and I got the salad, grilled some mushrooms , microwaved some potatoes and broiled some Texas toast. I'm about to pop!

Tomorrow I get to venture out, first car ride since coming home and early vote, maybe store. He wants to see a movie, ugh!!! The chair he says we will look and take pillows . I checked the time, 2 hours. I will have to get up. I think I am doomed tomorrow. Maybe try the movie Sunday if I survive voting and store. Thoughts?


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Thank you @Tweetybrd


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
@Postalgal movie huh? Depends on the movie and the seats .. not sure i could hold the 90% rule. Legs too long. Anniversary though so maybe it won't hurt to try as long as you feel you can step out if necessary? Happy Anniversary :flwrysmile: no matter what you do!

Went with my son to walmart after PT since we did need some things. That was my exercise for today lol. Riding a cart which really wasn't too bad. But nice to get out!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@tamra It had to great to get out! lol Step daughter will do my shopping if able to do the movie. So the big thing today is go vote. We will check out the seats, take all my gear, LOL! pillows, walker, whatever. I asked hub, you don't care about all the stuff, he said no, who cares? If it works good, it not ok too. Wow, see it still to me isn't about me, it is still for me to please all. I just can't get past that. I have been Mom for almost 40 years, dang I'm old, lol It is hard to just let go. Slap me please! lol So when I can't really do something, I boohoo. Most things done, it's when something hits the floor and reacher not available.
Oh I wanted to tell you, my shower consists of a shower stool,in a walk in shower, and I can reach from the stool the nozzle, and I acrobatically maneuver in and out. lol I was wondering if you have a tub, then if you have the special seat and can get you a shower nozzle to fit you spout if you have a tub.

Here we go! Hugs to everyone!
 
@tamra Oh yes, my legs are extremely long too, 5' 81/2", so they have a handicapped area, I think the seats are cushioned, will take pillow and the area is basically just no seats directly in front, so I can extend my leg out if I am high enough, we will check. I know I will probably have to get up during and have the cute she wee, lol I will pack today, hey, men have nothing on us! LOL I won't even try to sit on even the handicap potty, not yet.

I have decided if there is a will a long time ago, as I have always taught my kids and grands, there definitely is a way.
 
@Postalgal got a walk-in shower with shower seat on end with handles and showerhead on hose. Showering since thursday when my son got seat and handle on wall. So nice to be able to do that now! And safely. Everything is setup perfect.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom