THR Postalgal's left hip recovery

Hi all! 5 weeks out, 6 weeks Monday!!! Yay! Feeling almost normal , well normal before was sad, new normal means no pain, sometimes forget I have a prosthesis. Do mostly anything MORE than I did pre op.

Happy gal here. Still have sleep issues, but maybe me. I shut the eyes and all worries come out, such as daughters court. But! Hopefully all will be better after this Wednesday.

I drive, can't work yet because of the USPS is quite busy right now and they will have to do without me until Jan. :) Me first! I did all my Christmas shopping online, I usually do that anyway. I sure would hate for someone to hit me, and came close twice getting Thanksgiving dinner items! I cheated on dinner some with 2 bought pies. Did cook a turkey and dressing . But made several things night before, like cornbread, cooked sweet potatoes and eggs. I nailed it! Daughter cleaned up, oh she brought two dishes as well. Success! Idea was to not overwork, didn't, and enjoy the day, did! Yes, tired, energy zap but not bad.

I walk a lot, up and down, here and there, so I haven't really walked a track, but can easily do a mile for sure. I just noticed today outside I wasn't watching the ground so much and was keeping up with hubby. He got a log splitter, don't worry I am watching it. I do the handle and can move small sticks. Last weekend all I could do was stand, this weekend stand and move, not bend, but pick up small things.

Son got my tree out and daughter and 2 grands decorated. Course I have to OCD my tree of the ornaments lol! That part is done, maybe light decorating. No snow villages this year. I have been cleaning and chunking things! Yay me!

If everything goes as is I plan to help hubby at our shop, desk work only a few hours and see how that goes. He has a monument shop and I can do the office, selling, etc.

Well if your not asleep by now reading this lol I'll try to post more, but good news is at this time you feel like a person again! Happy healing!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
@gertie Just today got my return to work, no limp, no restrictions! So nice to hear that from the doc! Good as new, very thankful to start the new year out pain free!! Woohoo Look out World! Lol
How are you and everyone?? <3


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
@Postalgal Sounds like all good news for you! Yahoo!

I'm doing well--I've been back to work part time for 3 weeks and man do I miss those leisurely days when I was far enough along in recovery that I could get out and about but not quite ready to be back on the job.
 
Hello everyone!
It has been awhile since posting. I have been back to work full time since Jan. 24, even done some overtime! I am 7 months post op and sometimes forget I have a new hip! No more pain from overdoing, just regular being tired. The energy drain dud last awhile, but expected. People are impressed, but then there are many people that have had a THR and I never knew either. So happy at modern technology !!

I have to say, sitting at length does make me stiff and I can feel somewhat uncomfortable, but I don't need to sit long. I had lost 25 pounds prior to surgery and gained 20 back because now I cook again! Ugh! I need this off, you cannot gain weight!

We got custody of 2 grands, 11 and 5 in March. I have not slowed down in this three story house and job and hubby too. Somehow, right before we got them, I was doing the stairs continuously cleaning out their rooms. The next day until now, my ankle on operated leg has been throbbing and hurting. Doc doesn't find anything in X-rays. Says arthritis, no, don't buy that. @Josephine any ideas, weight gain, I terribly sprained it? Anything to do with hip? I use a brace, ice some, and aleve.

Anyway, we are taking our first vacation in awhile now. Heading to Puerto Rico and hop on a ship! I'm sooo excited! Just need ankle to cooperate, but I will have brace and pain pills if needed. Not had any since Dec.

Just checking in, all good, I am happy to say I had a successful surgery!! Take care of the body and the hip, never overdue, my hip is more precious than any gift I own. Hope all is well and as successful as mine has been! Love to all! xoxoxo
 
So inspired that all is going so well for you. Great fun... Your trip, I mean. Hope ankle resolves itself before you have to go... Hope in 7 months to be feeling the same
 
Back
Top Bottom