THR Post-op. Now at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day Aaron

We haven't spoken in a little while, I do hope you are okay. It sounds like your surgeon thinks that things are on track and the pain you are feeling is what he would expect at this stage. That is reassuring. I am pleased that it is only 4 weeks until you see him again. That time will pass reasonably quickly for you I hope.

I certainly experienced knee pain before and after my surgery. My body was trying to find a way to get around which resulted in my knees walking in poor alignment. After a few weeks of walking outside, things corrected and the knees stopped complaining. Hope that will be your experience too mate.

Let us know how you are now,

Cheers

Mike
 
It's very common to get knee pain after a THR. Mostly it's from compensating for the hip pain and most unlikely you will have any problems there. Once you get mobilizing normally, it should go away. Try icing them.
 
Sorry I have not been on in a while! I have been feeling great. Im off all pain meds and using just one crutch to walk now. still technically on hip precautions but I have noticed that things do not hurt if I do not precaution myself. But still being careful. Just a couple of more weeks and I will start out patient therapy and be walking gaining more strength back in my leg. Both knees still hurt but hopefully its from my hips! I will check back in later but im off to go out with some friends if that tells you how good im doing :)
 
Aaron you have made my day!! Congratulations on your progress, its just fantastic news. I am sure those knees will come good for you.

Well done mate,

Mike
 
Thanks mike! Hope things are coming well with you also!
 
Fantastic Aaron... Hope you have a good time out with your friends :)
 
Hey Aaron, give us an update how the last couple of weeks have been for you. Hope you're doing awesome
 
Hi Aaron AmBlocker

How are you progressing Aaron, its been a while since your last update, are you OK or are still out partying with your friends ?
 
I have a feeling Aaron is off living life to the fullest! Hope you are still progressing well!
 
Hello! I go back to my surgeon tomorrow for my 8 week post op appointment and will start therapy this week I believe. Unfortunately as you know I have bilateral AVN and tonight my left hip and knee the one with the AVN still is really hurting me. I was hoping to wait until may to have it replaced so I could go back to school but I'm gonna talk to the surgeon tomorrow to see if he thinks I can last that long. When I was diagnosed my left hip showed to be damaged more than my right even though my right ended up hurting the worst. Ill let you all know after my appointment tomorrow how everything goes. Hoping I can hold out a few more months but maybe not.
 
So sorry you are still hurting Aaron. But you are probably right - no sense in waiting. These things just do not get better. Best to get it done and get on with your life. Please do keep in touch!
 
Well. I have a surgery date for December 12th to have my left hip replaced. X-rays showed my femoral head had a dent in it from the AVN and the acetabulum showed deformity from it being necrotic so it has to be done soon. Dr said it would be a lot easier than this other hip since we are skipping core decompression and going straight to replacement. So here we go again! Third hip surgery in 6 months.
 
Wow Aaron, well done on getting your date so quickly! I have a feeling 2013 is going to be your year!
 
I'm curious, Aaron, whether you intend to go into orthopaedics. My daughter is an orthopod, and shoulder surgery she underwent in high school (trampoline accident) probably encouraged her to go into the specialty.
 
Aaron, I hope you are going into orthopedic surgery. Your patients will appreciate that you truly know what they're going through.
 
I've had tons of orthopedic surgery besides the 3 hip surgeries I've had 3 shoulder surgeries, some broken bone resets. Also broken just about anything you can imagine so I've spent a lot of time observing X-rays, MRIS and stuff of my own so I am very very interested in going into orthopedics if I can ever get done with these hips and back in school to finish!
 
Hi, I had my left Hip replacement 7 months ago,I have recovered but I noticed that I often have sickle cell crisis unlike before. Am scared thinking it has to do with post operative complications
 
Joky, you need to consult an haematologist to get your sickle cell investigated and dealt with. Don't ignore it.
 
Aaron, you seem custom made to go into orthopaedics!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom