THR Post-op. Now at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Aaron,

I really feel for you mate. Its so difficult to be in such pain. I am not qualified to advise you but I will ask you the obvious questions to think about:

1. Have you taken your pain medication on time?
2. Have to done more exercise or different exercise in the past 24 hours that could explain your body's reaction?

Hope you feel better soon Aaron.

Kind regards

Mike
 
Thanks mike. At this point my pain meds have only been as needed kind of thing because the pains been okay until tonight, which I have had to take a couple of pain pills and im still hurting some waiting for it to take full effect. I have not been more active at all than usual. Maybe I just strained something getting up and into the shower im not sure but my leg feels heavy and awkward right now. It is hard to explain.
 
Hi Aaron, you've had a tough time so just go easy and allow your body time to recovery from the surgery. Then slowly add something new each day. Apart from ankle pumps I don't think you can over do them let your body tell you what you can do.
 
I seem to remember you had a nasty experience in the early days when getting out of bed - is it anything similar? If so, I really think you need to get it checked out by your surgeon.
 
with the CD I had a fall getting up. But not since the THR I have probably bent over some and other things by accident that hurt so maybe just over done it today. I will be calling my surgeon in the morning if it is not better because I don't want it to be something more serious. Thats what the on call doctor said as well.
 
Hi Aaron, sorry to hear you are having problems, hope you get to speak to your surgeon and he gives you some suggestions and hoping it is nothing more than a bit of overdoing it. Having a LLD is very common after THR.

Take care
 
Oh must have been someone else. I think you should speak with your surgeon. It could just be a bit of a subluxation.
 
I talked to the doctor they sent me for a Venous Ultrasound to rule out a blood clot. It was negative, my doctor has been in surgery all day but called me in some Valium to help with the spasms and now just waiting to hear from him to find out whats next. The blood clot test was negative so thats good news. The pain has been really bad today though, its feels like the next day after surgery kind of pain. So just taking the Valium and Pain pills and hoping that sorts it out until I can get word from my surgeon.
 
and isn't subluxation where the hip "pops" out and goes back in? Because that sounds kind of like what I feel like it could be. I don't think my hip is dislocated i feel like it might have popped out and back in
 
Thought you might ask that! Actually it's where the head gets to the rim of the plastic liner but doesn't actually come out. It can either sit there or pop back into the cup. I've searched an searched but never been able to find an image of a subluxed hip replacement - so I made one of my own, just to give an idea of what it looks like. The subluxation is on the left (though is probably more inside the cup than that) and the dislocation is the xray. Have a look at this article for the full spiel Dislocations: what are the risks?

[Bonesmart.org] Post-op. Now at home.
.................
[Bonesmart.org] Post-op. Now at home.
 
Okay I see. So what happens if it does not go back in the cup? Could it cause the type of pain im having? Its a awful pain and its an awkward feeling like my leg is longer and feels like my hip just does not fit right if that makes sense but I can walk with my walker.
 
I found some actual xrays online of a subluxation after hip replacement. I used some of my school resources. If you are interested josephine I will post them for you!
 
Found these.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Post-op. Now at home.
    image.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,019
  • [Bonesmart.org] Post-op. Now at home.
    image.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,021
Good morning Aaron,

Thinking of you today and hoping that things are a little better. The x-rays you found for Jo are amazing but I hope they are not part of your journey mate.

Keep your chin up mate. There are a lot of us here on your side.

Mike
 
Thanks mike! Those are not of me thankfully! Used some school resources I have to find them! My hip is doing better seems like whatever was wrong that its back into place. My therapist said she definitely noticed it was a lot weaker today than it was this last friday so whatever happened had some impact on it. Its getting better though just having to take it way easier right now. Hopefully it does not happen again because if it does im going straight on into the ER it was so painful! Glad to have a lot of support on here :yay: will keep you guys updated.
 
You don't know how pleased I am to hear that, Aaron!.
 
You have made my day Aaron!!

So pleased that things have resolved themselves for now. So glad you are out of pain again. Take it gently mate. This will be a marathon for you and I know you know that. So chill out and enjoy the fact that things are stable.

Cheers mate

Mike
 
Thanks guys. Doctor did say take it easy so I am for sure. Hopefully it won't happen again and my strength gets back to where it was! :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom