THR Post-op. Now at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done talking to the nurse. Everyone reacts differently to drugs and every op can be different. It's just important to keep on top of things in the beginning. You are doing a great job!
 
Aaron, Glad everything went well and that you made sure the nurse got you some pain meds. Good Luck on your recovery, you are a trooper
 
Great news getting through, Aaron. Hope the pain gets under control ASAP.
 
Hi Aaron

So glad that your surgery went well.

I read your post just before I went out and was hoping that your pain would be under control when I got back but I see you have still been having problems. As that was about 4 hours ago I am hoping that you you are now more comfortable.

I send you all my good wishes

Chris
 
Still having a bad day, I have not slept yet and my fever has been up around 102 on and off all day. My pain is starting to be tolerable but still hurting pretty bad. They have me on Valium, Delaudid pain pump, Delaudid pills and tordol all those together only took the edge off. :(

And bella I noticed you had your femur cracked and put wire around it, they put wire around both of my femurs but do not believe they did it because my femur cracked.

Anyways I will keep you posted, ready for the bad days to be ove
 
Aaron you will turn the corner very soon, especially with your positive outlook!
Keep your eye on the prize, and get help when you need it, whether it be for
meds or just help getting comfortable.
Keep up the great work!
 
its just been worse compared to my last one so I am trying to stay positive. Therapy started today and of course it was so painful but I got through it but did shed a few tears.
 
Aaron, I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time getting comfortable. Hang in there, punch the button on the Delaudid pump as often as possible.
Your BoneSmart buddies are pulling for you:yay:
 
Aaron, don't hesitate to ask for a PharmDr consult if the pain still isn't under control. My brother is in hosp administration and suggested it for me when they couldn't get me off of the porcelain train ride. It sounds like the spinal was new for you this time, so it could be it's changed the way your body is reacting to the surgery. It is within your patient's rights to request it if you need to.

Let your hip tell you how much PT you can tolerate. Don't push it if it is too painful. You've been down this journey for a while it's just this is an unfamiliar road right now. Wishing you comfort and rest tonight. :console2:
 
Aaron, sounds like you are still under medicated. Therapy should not hurt. Tell them to back off on the therapy and focus on getting the pain management under control. Hang in there my friend!
 
Absolutely Aaron.... The 'no pain, no gain' approach is not want you want or need.. Hopefully, they will get your pain med protocol under control.

Remember, if it hurts.. Stop!

You must rest now, you have had two major surgeries in under 3 months.. Hang in there my friend.
 
Aaron, dede62 's suggestion of a PharmDr consult is an excellent one. And please do not push the PT exercises to the point of tears! There will be plenty of time for PT when things settle down and the pain is under control.
Sending good vibes to you from sunny Florida:SUNsmile:
 
Aaron, hope your day is better, maybe they gave you the wires to provide extra support from your other issues, or maybe they wanted you just to have the cool spiral that shows on the x-ray. :) Listen to your body and do PT accordingly.
 
Hi AmBlocker, i have been thinking of you all week remembering that your surgery was on the 12th, i finally tracked down your original post op post from your first surgery and realised they were together!
First of all my friend CONGRATULATIONS!!!! that hellish angst is over now and you only have one thing to soley focus on and that is your rest and wellbeing. Studying medicine i am sure that you are ful aware of what your pain medication options are and are so much better informed than us poor sods who are subject to the compentcy of the nursing staff.

Make sure that you demand your full pain mamangement assistance, so i can hear with time that pain is under control and how bright each day is appearing for you.

I am so impressed by your accomplishments at such a young age!!, you give us all something to aspire too!.

Best healing energy and wishes to you my friend and take care, rest up and look forward to restoration of life in the New Year!! :yay:
 
Hi Aaron just thought I'd drop in to see how ya doing. Hope the pain is being brought under control for you. Pain is so energy draining so at the moment the more rest and sleep you get the better your recovery journey. Everyone is right behind you and you couldn't have a better bunch of friends wishing you well than all the bonesmarties on here. Take strength from us all and hang on in there :console2:
 
Hey Aaron, hope things get better for you in the coming days.

I've got a feeling you've gone thru the worst of it now and good times are round the corner. Best wishes to you.
 
Hi Aaron

How have you been over the weekend? I do hope that your pain is now under control and that you are far more comfortable now. Hope you are sleeping better too.

Sending you lots of good wishes, take care,

Chris
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom