Guest viewing is limited

THR Post-op. Now at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Aaron... Orthopedics for you.. Because we can wrap you in the OR space suits, but line yours in soft bubble wrap.

Congrats on getting your Dec date.. Don't much around do you.. But just think it will be all over bar the shouting for the star of 2013 :)

Hugs
 
An Orthopod with first hand knowledge of the realities of surgery. Now that's top notch!
 
Yeah it seems as if its meant to be for me to go into orthopedics and everytime I go into the OR they show me all of the tools, robots they use and everything because they know I am going into medicine. Lets just say I know just about every orthopedic doctor in the area! But yeah everything just lined up and is right for me to go ahead and have it done soon and its hurting me so ready to get it all said and done with. On the other hand I have been riding a bike and walking without aid of a crutch or walker and walking fairly long distances so the other hip is doing amazing. :)
 
A week from today is surgery! Pre-op appointment is tomorrow. Been a tough week though. I have crohn's and all the anxiety has me flaring up so had to go the ER last night but things are good now. Ready for my surgery!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Post-op. Now at home.
Another new hip for Christmas. Aaron, your new year should be the best ever!
[Bonesmart.org] Post-op. Now at home.
 
Was cleared for surgery today. Paperwork done, tests done and normal so now I just have to wait until Wednesday!
 
Good luck Aaron for next Wednesday.. at least you have the knowledge now :)
 
Good to hear you are all ready to go. Wednesday will be here before you know it!
 
Aaron ivd been reading your posts since sept. Im so happy your first hip is doing so well. Good luck on the 12th im going in on the 11th so we'll be recovering together. Good luck again
And hippy holidays
 
Hope all goes well for you on Wednesday Aaron. I will be thinking about you and will watch for your recovery posts.

Good luck

Chris.
 
Surgery went fantastic! Been sleeping all day. This time they did a spinal to numb my legs and that has been so helpful! It is starting to hurt now though, but doing great. Gonna be here probably 5 days they said but I will post tomorrow. Gonna be walking in no time!!
 
You are amazing!!! To have such an incredible attitude with all that you have been through. Your patient to will be so lucky to have you as their physician.
 
Fantastic news Aaron, congratulations, now you have a matching pair.

Rest now, update us when you feel up to it:)
 
Will do. The spinal is wearing off so trying to get pain under control so I can sleep.
 
Welcome to the other side again Aaron. Rest up now - plenty of time for jogging later! :happydance:
 
Had a bad night sleeping wise I haven't slept yet and it's almost 6am. In a lot of pain but I'm making it.
 
Hi Aaron, please don't just sit quiet and in pain. You need to get those nurses supplying you with regular and effective pain management. If what they are giving you is not working - ask for something else. At this stage it's all about getting that pain management cocktail right for you!
 
I am. Just talked to the nurse gonna get some more and then try and get the dr to write me up some muscle relaxers too because my leg keeps tensing up so much.
 
I'm on a delaudid pain pump as well but it's not working as good as I'd hoped too.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom