THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

@Mojo333 oh my oh my...my hubby is a teething 1yt old when he gets the slightest sniffle or headache. I thank my lucky stars I'm the one with all the health issues because if it were him, oh mah Laude! I only have so much sanity! Hahaha

@Tomgirl yes....Pity Party. I'm quite seriously considering throwing a legit one, where lady friends come over and we eat icecream out of the carton, double dip our chips, fill our faces with choccies, and stuff tissues up our noses while watching 'The Notebook', or some other person inducing movie. Hahahaha
 
Last edited:
@danabanana I was on my pain meds for two weeks. There's no way I could have been off them after one week / 8 days... You'll know when the time is right.
PS: I also had a tear towel and love Mr Potatohead! Keep up the good work. It does get better. :flwrysmile:
 
So today my only accommplishment was, washing my hair in my bathroom sink. Until the fever business subsides, no showers where I can catch a chill. Oh boy did my hair need a good wash....starting to look like a homeless person or a French Canadian tourist. Hahaha all in good fun...one of my besties is a French Canadian. Anyhow...then there was a lot of sleeping today. I couldn't shake this headache and felt so exhausted today from all that weepy blubbering I did all yesterday afternoon and evening. So now I'm feeling a little more on the right side of the green. Have my Batman pj's on because I'm a nerd like that and sipping hot cocoa that was made by my oldest son.....he doesn't out marshmallows in but rather, Love. Awwwww hehehe I always joke about my "Special ingredient" when I make things for the boys and my manchild, being "Love". Haha

Seriously hoping for a better sleep tonight. Gosh I hate the nights. So long. So dark. Haha oh well, at least I've got all you here to commiserate with, something for which I'm externally grateful. Thank you, each of you who take the time to read my blatherings let alone even reply, offering support and encouragement and conversation ....truly means a lot. :loveshwr:
And now I'll stop because I could feel the tear dam about to break again....haha oh I was telling my daughter how this post op blues stuff is like baby blues only I don't get a baby to cuddle 24/7. Oh and all the choccie calories I emotionally consume dont get used up as breast milk either. DRAT!
 
@Susan209 Thanks Hun. I'm so happy to hear you had a tear towel too (ohhhhh I love a good alteration!) hehe I have to add that my tear towel is kind of ironic...it's actually a Vancouver Canucks (My home nhl team, whom I have had a love/hate relationship with since they blew it in game 7 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs back in 2011-no resentment here *groan*) Fan Towel...the ones you whip around over your head cheering like a lunatic. So anyhow... The irony being, its appropriate that I cry my tears into that towel because my CANUCKS bring me to tearful frustration all the time! Hahahaha Also, I was so busy being wallowfully weepy yesterday that I completely missed watching my Canucks play. They lost. Badly. So it would have been perfect had I watched because I was already crying. :loll:
 
Last edited:
Oh and here we are...night time woes. My quads and hamstrings are yelling at me. I'm making short walks on my crutches and it's tough because of the leg length difference, so I keep a shoe on my right foot to help but I still feel so awkward. I'm obviously not able to put a whole lot of weight on my new hip side but even so, Log Leg feels ridiculous. So I'm laying her icing and hoping I made the right choice....traded chronic pain for a chronic pain in the patootie. Haha no I'm sure I'll be fine with it, just feeling the reality right now. It still doesn't feel like this is my leg. It's like, I remember having those knockoff Barbie's as a kid and their legs could pop off....my cousin mixed up a bunch of them once and stuck on different legs to different dolls. It was hilarious. This doesn't feel so hilarious....it feels more like out of Toy Story and I'm a victim of the crazy neighbour Sid and his messed up toy creations. Okay, maybe the Tramacet is kicking in. Haha Time for lights out...:tiredwheel:
 
Still such early days poor danabanana. I wish I could fast forward you too a better time. It will come. I went to my first post op at two weeks...the first thing I told my OS was knew why he made the first appointment in two weeks so I would quit hating on him by then.
You have such a wonderful sense of humor, but it's hard to laugh all this FUN off.
You're allowed to boohoo, hey, this is hard stuff.
Keep on sounding off, we care. And looking back at my posts, I know I was ever so much better for being able to vent to those who I knew KNEW.
Hope today is a Good Day.:loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Last edited:
You are moving in the right direction @danabanana - hate to tell you you are normal. You will pass through the phase of "what did I do?" to "why didn't I do this sooner!" The quads and mammies do like to yell at us-we have put them through a lot. Hope today is good.
 
Hi @danabanana
I noticed you posted elsewhere about shaving. I don't know if you've read this anywhere in the forum
but I've heard it suggested - Securely taping a disposable razor to a 12 inch ruler. Also consider an electric razor (temporarily) if hubby has one lying around. You may not get as close a shave but it will LOOK better and a big part of the satisfaction lies in the visual.
Only suggestions in case you want to hold onto that "Favor" card for awhile longer.
Hope you have a good day!
 
Not much to report today except I'm feeling a wee bit miserable due to this relentless headache that's piercing my temples and a sharp pain that feels like an electrical current zapping periodically right where my thigh bends to torso. I can't even make sense right now. My brains feel like the plate of scrabbled eggs I ate earlier. If camping where my thing, I'd not be a happy camper right now. :dead:
 
Aww, @danabana that is awful. I'm so sorry. Nagging headaches are the worst :gaah:
Maybe google some pressure points for headaches and see if hubby can help you get rid of it.
Or hopefully you can fall asleep and lose it that way. Best wishes it goes soon. Hugs...
 
Sorry you are going through this. Unfortunately there are those days. I think the electrical feeling may be nerves waking up (and they are not pleasant about it). Do you think headache could be related to any of your meds?
 
Dana.....the headache sucks, totally get it! I can't stand hitting the wall. The nausea, headache and teariness is real. When it gets to that I get under the blankets, eyemask and earplugs and just ride it out.

Hugs to you babe. And everyone is right....in a few weeks you will be all hip hip hooray.

Cold comfort but my period decided it wanted to join the post op terrorize Becky party. Blerch......
 
Sheesh! When it rains it pours.
Mixing PMS symptoms with Post Op Blues is a recipe for crying jags and headaches.
Just look forward to how great you'll feel in a week @beckylou
To brighter days :cheers:
 
Cold comfort but my period decided it wanted to join the post op terrorize Becky party. Blerch......

Oh do I ever empathize!!!! That's exactly what happened to me...post op day 4, my period came with a vengeance. Pure evil. I was due for it but it still came a few days early. I had no clue how I was going to deal with it because I hate pads. Feels like sitting in a bloody diaper. Gross. Anyhow, I managed to make tampons work and the painkillers for the hip helped because I already felt like I was dying from the waist down. The real issue was just having to get up more frequently to deal with it all. Good time to be a woman, said no one, ever. Haha
 
Awww group hug @Susan209 and @beckylou. Come join me in my pillow fort. I'll share my icecream....just need to bring a spoon.

@MammaT, My nurse sisters thinks my headache is post anesthestic. I don't recall having headaches after previous GA, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. I dumped the Dilaudid days ago, so just taking tramacet and ibuprofen. Nothing is taking the woodpecker action in my head away. I'm sipping sweet tea thinking maybe a wee bit of caffeine may help. Could backfire but I'm all out ideas. It feels similar to migraine.

@Layla I have some peppermint oil I dab on my temples and wipe a strip along my forehead. It helps some along with my trusty icepack. So @Mojo333, I'm definitely boohooing today....
[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
Last edited:
Well, maybe the ga, the surgery and the hormones have given you a perfect storm. Caffeine may help. I will admit, I am glad that part of your party I won't be joining! There are benefits to being an old woman! Hope tomorrow is better for you.
 
@MammaT perfect storm alright.....if only that storm included poop. Oh my oh my, this pooping business is dreadful. I'm not used to struggling to poop...I'm used to the struggle of too much pooping. Neither are a fun time but I'd rather the latter at this point. I'm praying to the bowel Gods! :beg:
 
Back
Top Bottom