THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

We've had many discussions on dropping and fishing for the grabber. It will happen!
Happens to us all :rotfl:
Walker - a necessity
Crutches or Cane - necessity
Grabber - INVALUABLE I think I would growl if someone tried to take my grabber.
And to think my husband had to nag me to start using it???
 
Last update for the day.....I almost died taking a poop.
Okay not died...but omgosh.....with BP being low and I'm almost passing out when I'm standing, the bit of effort to push while on the toilet, my BP was like omg...and everything was fuzzy.....and I thought oh man, I can't be passing out on the toilet...so slow and steady. It was touch and go...I was just praying that it would hurry up...I don't normally have to do much to poop because I have Crohns Disease, but the pain killers slow things down, even though I'm taking stuff to counteract that. @Layla is going to laugh because of her earlier caution.

I'm okay now but it's clearly rime to double up the help me poop regime efforts. :ok:
 
Hi @danabanana you take care with all all this nearly passing out mularky, we can't be doing with that! Oh and I love my grabber thingy too, I could never think what to call it, at first it was my picker-upper thingy, then my grabber thingy, then my reacher thing, now I just call it Jack after all those Jack Reacher novels I read. It's almost like a daily challenge - what can I use it for today. Keep me amused anyway.
 
@Tomgirl that's an ingenious name!!!! I have named mine but I can't say it on here. It's an acronym for a curse phrase that I would say anytime I dropped something out of reach. Lol

Well, my night was a bit better. Had a rough patch around 2:30am, muscle spasms and aches. Nights are definitely the hardest, being stuck on my back is the pits, but thank God for ice packs!!!! Hubby is missing his cuddles, poor guy....looks like a little lost puppy dog. Hehe
A little less wobbly today....pain is being managed...and I've launched "Operation Go Easy" which is sending my 18yr old son out to get me prune juice! Haha
Hoping the less wobbly continues so I can crutch around a few times for a few minutes. Cabin fever is setting in. The sun is shining and it's well above freezing temps which makes for a remarkable end of November here. Just knowing it's nice out makes me feel good, but I still wish I could just go out for a little walk about. Oh well...soon. In the meantime I'll just justify chocolate consumption and Netflix binging. Haha
 
Chocolate and Netflix should be prescribed! Glad your night was a bit better. Nights are very long.....
 
@Gretel they are so very long!!! I've been dreading them.

So my afternoon has kinda been a downward slide. Got extremely tired around 1:30. Fell asleep for an hour and woke up just not feeling quite right. Chilly then hot repeat.... Temp 38.3 Now I do get low grade fevers with having Crohns Disease so I'm not sure of this temp is something to be concerned about. My incision is healing expertly and I am definitely able to move better....so, just not really sure. I'm just feeling super drained and have a mild headache. Took some Tylenol and waited, temp is 37.8. Normal for me is 36.1 or little lower. Anyhow...that's the latest. Just not feeling too good. :sad:
 
Happy to hear your night went well @danabanana
Getting used to that back sleeping is definitely a challenge to say the least! Hated it :tantrum:
You are coming up on a week already. Just think of the progress you'll make over the next week
or two. A lot, I'll bet. Wishing you luck with "Operation Go Easy"......silly goose!
Hope you have a comfy cozy night :yawn: :sleep:
 
So sorry @danabanana. Our bodies go through so much with this surgery-hopefully just a passing blah. Unfortunately it is also the time of year when "stuff" goes around. Just keep resting and don't try to run any races.
 
I just pressed "Post Reply" and noticed you posted.
Sounds like you're feeling a little under the weather. So sorry.
I hope it all turns around quickly.....drink lots of fluids and get lots of rest.
Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
 
Thanks so much ladies. My sister in law is a PAR RN and she's keeping tabs on me. She's not a fan of the fever. Most disappointing me right now is I can't have my daughter and newborn Granddaughter over if this is a virus! :boohoo:

Super sad Nana Dana Banana right now. :bawl:

I want to kiss and cuddle my little grandbaby! Look at this perfection! :roseshwr:
[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
Danabandana jejeje

Why are you sleeping on your back? I pillows between my legs and roll over rover. Did that from day 2 post op last time. May need to wait a few days yet cause my hip is minging sore this time.

What shall we call my grabher?

Great poo post. Snort
 
Lots of restrictions have been lifted in the UK, but I've only recently tried sleeping on my un-operated side but was OK. Love your baby photo. Does she have a name?
 
Hope today is better for you and the virus thing moves one.
 
Hey danabanana.
Keeping all of us inspired with your great recovery attitude. Grand baby is THE sweetest. Don't have any yet...not complaining...my 25 year ol son and 21 year old daughter not prepared for that yet but I DO love sweet babies...sweet toes....and the little soft fold of baby meat right at their underarm....the best.
Hope you feel better soon.
My half sister has Crohns so I get it.
You, as I said, are an inspiration to many. Hope today is a Good Day
 
Back
Top Bottom