THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

Aah. What a pic.
Same beautiful smile.
Glad you are in a better place.
Onward and upward.:yahoo:
 
Thank you, Everyone. I gotta say....perhaps I jinxed myself by saying I'm doing well because today's walk didn't go so well. I didn't walk yesterday, resting and taking it easy, but found today I am super tender. The walk was a struggle with pains and log leg. So I took it slow and loaded up the icing when got home. We shall see what to tomorrow brings. In the meantime....dulling my senses with a tumbler full of Vino. Hahaha

Here's a picture of my Birthday girl with her girls....stepdaughter Kayla and baby Reiya.
[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
Great birthday pictures! Your daughter is a clone then? :heehee: Just kidding... very cute girls all the way around!
Hate to hear you're tender from walking but nice to hear spring is in your neck of the woods.
Makes outside SOOO much more pleasant to rehab hips. Hope tomorrow is a good walk day.
 
@SaraK and @BeBe She is my mini-me. :roseshwr:

So here's my update. Almost 4mons postop...I'm so impatient. I know I'm doing well but I want MORE! I honestly forget sometimes that I had a hip replacement; not because I'm painfree though because I'm quite used to pain due to my Crohns and RA....I forget at times because I DO have pain still in my hip. Make sense? Albeit it's a different pain as it's not centred in my groin as much. I have these moments, like today, where the side of my thigh just pulsates and throbs. I instinctively rub it and feel the scar and the inflammation and BOOM! It hits me....I have metal and plastic parts in my body. So blizzare! Then I get a bit scared....there is something a bit unnerving knowing that part of my body is replaced with fake parts. I know I'm sounding looney here.....I just need to speak it out to an audience that perhaps is able to relate to my looney toon talk because no one here can. Hahaha oh boy....okay, back to my blankie fort and ice packs. :ice:
 
Love the photo! @danabanana I get what you're saying. I think. I don't think about parts inside. I know that leg is a wimp. Sometimes I don't think about my new hip and move like l did before my old hip went on strike. Ouch! New hip's not ready for that yet. Hugs. Did you say Log Leg?
 
Dana, I totally get it. I forget about the first one sometimes (and hope to do the same with the other at some point) but every once in awhile I have that "oh my God, what did I do to myself" moment. Then I have to remind myself of the tricks the old ones were pulling and how much better it is and will be.
 
Yesssss @AgilityDog totally Log Leg STILL!!!

So what you're says is it's normal to be having post op freak out at this point?

Cuz seriously....I'm preferring denial over this.
[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
Hi Dana,
I'd still prefer my natural hip, who wouldn't? But it failed me.
I'm thankful for the option of THR but risks come along with this hip. That's the part I don't like.
I try not to dwell on it but it's still pretty much in the forefront of my mind at almost 9 mo out.
If I had a guarantee this prosthetic won't fail me in any way, ever,
I'd be good to go and forget about it.....sadly, no guarantees.
And....you're not a loon!
Hugs
@danabanana
 
Popping in to say HI!!!!

So, it's confession time. I made a mistake....I carried a heavyish tote up the stairs in my house from the basement on Friday. It's 16 steps, straight up. Since then I've had awful sharp pains on the side of my new hip and front of thigh as well as a 2inch span of moderate pain and tenderness along my incision. Oops! The sharp pains on the side are the most bothersome. Sooooo, now I'm wincing and Hubby is super annoyed with me. Lol yup...I'm in the Doghouse about this. Naughty Dana! Sigh soooo while I did go walk today, despite hubby's disapproving eye, I didn't go far and I took it slow. The motion is lotion does help work out the stiffness. But...I admit, I'm sore. I'm not going to go walking tomorrow but rather rest up.

In other news, my little Granddaughter turned 4 Mons old. So....allow me to distract you from my naughtiness with this adorable video of my Squeak!!!
 
Last edited:
Precious!! I just love that age baby all happy and cute! And she's found her fingers!!
Lite of your life right?
As for you @danabanana no overdoing it!! Is this the bursitis area? That can be awful!
 
Thanks @BeBe She is my world!!!! I love my kids but grandbaby is a whole other level!!!! I'm so grateful! She is such a happy baby. A pleasant disposition and sleeps well. Always cooing and smiling. Melts me!!!

So my cranky hip. Just sneezing hurts-so now not only do I have to try not to pee slightly when I sneeze but I need to brace my hip! Sheesh!!! I saw my PT lady Monday and she is now concerned and not convinced it's Bursitis. She has taken off all the stretching stuff from the prior week and ordered me to use heat for 15-20 followed with a couple gentle stretches. No Rom stuff and just easy walking. Ice alternatively. Seeing as I'm wincing in my groin she's concerned this is an issue with the new joint and the outside she's hoping it's just a muscle/tissue issue that will calm over this week, but will review it on the 26th. I have an appt that same day in the afternoon with my GP so if the hip is still beimg cranky she's gonna send a note with me to my gp requesting an xray.

In the meantime.......I'm gonna enjoy a glass of Vino and some Netflix. "Terrific Tuesday" is almost at an end and tomorrow is a new day!!!! :egypdance:
 
Last edited:
Enjoy your wine. I hope that the hip eases with the changes your PT has put in place. I know what you mean about sneezing. I’ve got a bad cough and cold and have to hold my groin every time I cough or sneeze! Driving me mad
 
Adorable baby!
Man flu! :rotfl: It's so true.
Hope you're hanging in there, Dana
Wishing you a good weekend!
 
She is such a cutie! I hope you're having a great weekend!
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom