THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

Can you overcook the noodles?
I heated the same can of Campbell's thrice and they tasted exactly the same!
I can however make homemade beanie weenies...
Now you know why hubby is in charge of cooking.
 
Hi Dana,

I hope that you are feeling much better today. It has been a bad season for respiratory illnesses. Hot rum toddies are a good recipe for congestion- if they don't make you better, you can't feel it so it is OK. If you are out of crackers to add to the soup, add crushed tortilla chips, you then can call it tortilla soup!

Diana
 
@Mojo333 I didn't think you could overcook Campbell's chick/noodle...but I did. The noodles went slimy soft... Hard to describe but it was gross. I lost all appetite after that so just stuck with the hot toddy's then went for honey on toast later-and not actually toast-more like warmed up bread. I was feeling tipsy at the time so didn't much care. :heehee:
I'm feeling a wee bit better today....we shall see, as I only just woke up. Takes a bit to fully wake up and decide.....I'll make my ginger tea as I swear it's what's helped my throat! Tea bag of choice(I use either black tea or Earl grey-peppermint if my tummy is angry), liberal amount of honey, lemon, then I pour hot water over a heaping teaspoon of ground ginger I've put in a cup size sieve to strain it through into my cup. Stir and remove the tea bag if you like. I do if it's reg tea because I only like my men strong, not my tea! :eyebrows:

Hip was bugging me last night....it's not the top front it's that side-griping and being ornery-like I've been kicked by a horse. Ice ice baby.
 
Happy you feel at least a wee bit better @danabanana. Hip acting up isn’t surprising since you have been laid up this week. Hopefully you can get up and moving with more regularity soon. Tea sounds like good thing for that cold.
 
That tea sounds yummy! @danabanana
Glad you're feeling a wee bit better, it's a start.
Ugh! That poor hip needs to get well too.
Hope you feel better as the night progresses.
Hugs to you!
 
Feel better soon and see your doctor soon it's been too long I'll no mention of doctor. Serious here sweetie :flwrysmile:​
 
Here's miss cutiepie having some tummy time! She gave up right after this picture and spat up! Hehehe

[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

Grand babies are the best. I have 4 grandsons- what do you have?
 
Sure hope you're feeling better by now, Dana.
Hugs and best wishes for a good week :flwrysmile:
@danabanana
 
Sunday and Monday I was dealing with tummy trouble. :eeeuw: I'm in a "flare" with both my Crohns and RA now, which tends to happen when I get sick with a virus-my body goes all haywire and turns on itself. I've been doing a lot of sleeping because the fatigue is relentless. :yawn: Good news? I had to pause my Humira dose last week because of the fever garbage and chest cold, but I can take it now. Hooray!!!

@Walkinginthesand I have just the one grandbaby, little girl. She's 2 months now and so precious. Such a content baby. Here she is yesterday sleeping while my daughter got her hair trimmed.
[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
Ahhhh, she is so sweet! That must be so wonderful for you! I'm glad to hear you are back on Humira to help wrangle that flare back into control. Being off of it can't be fun. Thinking about you and hoping you can regain some energy and continue to heal. Sending positive thoughts your way!
 
Aww, your precious girls!
Sounds like you might be doing better, Dana
You've been quiet, we've been concerned.
I hope you're turning a corner with all.
Wishing you comfort and a speedy recovery.
@danabanana
 
Finally a holiday we can all appreciate and celebrate globally! Dana, I assume I can count on your support and help in spreading the news - my newspaper said that Feb 3 is "Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day" !
 
My bs peeps...loves to you all. It means so much to me that you all take moments out of your day to send me encouragement and loves. :roseshwr:

I'm just trudging through this rough patch. The fatigue and all over joint pain from my RA flare is driving me batty. It's definitely taking a roll at the moment. I get lowgrade fevers with it too, that peek early evening so that brings around more lethargy. Must. Keep. Eyes. Open. (as I just finished yawning for the umteenthzillion time....haha)

So hip is okay. It's not gotten worse so I'm feeling confident there's nothing wrong with it...I'm definitely struggling with ROM though and not sure what should be comfortable to do at this point. Still have tenderness on the outside. Ice helps. Feeling like I'm gonna feel like I'm a 90 yr old forever. Oh I know....I'm being dramatic. I need spring. I need warm sunshine. Counting the days to winter passing and the tulips popping up. In the meantime....I'm looking forward to Superbowl Sunday!!! Football and omgosh, Justin TIMBERLAKE HALFTIME show!!! *swoon*
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom