THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

That baby has to make all your cares just melt away!
I'll bet your pain even takes a back seat. She's so precious, Dana.
Wishing you a peaceful pain free evening and overnight!
@danabanana
 
Thanks ladies. It's Hockey Night in Canada and Hubby's Oilers are about to face my Canucks. :yahoo:
Taking a break from all this hip stress and going to enjoy the game.

My sister and I have a daily wine meme war so this was today's: :heehee:

[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
Ugh!!
They've always creeped me out. As a kid....PETRIFIED! Feels like a mean, dirty trick.

Enjoy your evening....hope your pain is taking a long winters nap :sleep:
@danabanana
 
Heh Dana! Hockey night in Canada......
Excellent.

My increase in activity over the past few days has given me one sore leg.....top of thigh, a wierd one on the side (deep) and even big toe. Forcing a rest and a booze free week!
 
@Layla hubby feels the same way about clowns. He legit becomes a petrified 4yr old with clowns. Hahaha

Resting up is good @beckylou hey, do you watch hockey over there or have you been away so long now that bodychecking, igloos, and Timbits are "What's that, eh?" hahaha

This is such a two hobble forward, one gimp back type dealio...been failing in the patience department - sorry @MyAussieGirl I'm aiming to do better this week. I got a plan in place for this week....little of this and a little of that. Then a backup plan for when the plan doesn't work out. And then I have a backup plan for the backup plan. Hahaha
But right now I'm tired and wishing my bed could remake itself with the clean bedding that just finished drying. LOL

I'll leave you all with a couple photo fun pics from last night. My daughter and I were texting during the hockey game. She, at the WHL game while I was watching NHL.
[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
My feeling is that varies from person to person @tyorke1
I struggled with it early on when I'd test myself which
wasn't very often because I don't like / wear socks.
I just attempted it the other day (now 7 months post op)
and it's way easier but still feels a tad ackward.
 
Hmmm - may need to have my son help next time - give him some alternative career training!

This is his third time doing it for me. I explained it to him as training in "How To Be a Stellar Boyfriend 101"....along with cooking and cleaning, being able to color hair is quality boyfriend brownie points! Hahahaha
 
Haven't heard from you in three days @danabanana
We're going to worry if you don't pop in and say Hi!
Hope your pain is dissipating or you're looking for a solution
through PT, or a second opinion. Hate to think of you suffering still...
Hugs to you :console2:
 
I'm sick!!! :bawl: It's been building since Monday. Sipping my hot ginger and honey tea and praying the deep congestion I feel takes a hike.
Waiting on call backs from my PT. My PT friend gave me some suggestions of gentle stretching for the IT band and my new joints surrounding ligaments and also said, though not rigorously, definitely do practise my stairs at home, obviously stopping if there's any sharp pains and taking it slow. She's gonna come see next week.

Mmmmmm Jello. I'm officially 3 yrs old, eating Jello in my blankie fort, and whiny for my mommy. Hahaha

Love you all so very much. Sorry for making you worry!!!
 
Just popped in @danabanana to see how you are doing. Not so good, huh! Hate hearing that. Wish it wasn't so. Glad you have a plan to get to the doc on Thursday. That would be tomorrow here, I guess we shall the same day any way. Not New Zealand or Australia though but at least we share the same continent, sort of.

I'll check in again tomorrow some time and see what the doc said about your pain. Don't like that at all, not at all.

:beg: Feel better!!!!!!!!!!:sigh: Thinking of you!
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom