Guest viewing is limited

THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

Stop making me want grandbabies! She's so cute - I just want to scoop her up and cuddle! I hope you're feeling a little better today. Colds are the worst because there's just so little you can do to make them better or go away quicker.

We've considered the medicinal properties of ice cream and chocolate but we haven't yet contemplated the benefits of a hot toddy, peppermint or cinnamon schnapps in the hot chocolate or, my favorite hot tipple - hot buttered rum. Which one do you want to test?:cheers2::cheers::martini::beer:

Keep smiling, my friend! Here's hoping for a 2018 filled with friends, family, laughter and joy!:loveshwr::SUNsmile::yay::happydance::dancy:
 
I'm so sorry to hear that Dana! Big bummer for sure. Love you grand baby photos, that must lift your spirits. Thinking of you and sending all my positive mojo!!:loveshwr:
 
Awww thank you, Everyone!!! I'm trudging along today....did nothing but rest and ice because that's what this old body needed.

There will be no mischief making tonight.....glass of Vino in th pjs that I've remained in all day, not even having had a shower. My hubby is one lucky man! Hahahaha he'll be snoring by 9:30 cuz he has to be up at 5:30am for work tomorrow.
 
Here's miss cutiepie having some tummy time! She gave up right after this picture and spat up! Hehehe

[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
That baby is so precious! Look she's doing tummy time...just like @Gretel does :heehee:
I hope you're feeling better, Dana. That snow IS getting out of control.
Between the never ending snow and feeling under the weather You must be :hairpulling:
Wishing you a week of improved health.....To brighter days:prayer:
@danabanana
 
Thank you @Layla I'm certainly hoping and praying that 2018 is a good one. Little over 2hrs to go before we ring in the New Year, and by ring in I mean I will softly whisper because hubby is snoring. Haha
Loves to you and your family. ❤
 
What a cutie your granddaughter is @danabanana ! I’m sorry you haven’t been feeling well. This is a tough time of year to be sick because you are often pretty much stuck inside. You hate to go to store as you’d probably pick up another cold or something worse plus where I am it is bitter cold with st least a foot of snow on the ground and more forecast for later today. It was minus 23 when I got up this morning and minus 18 yesterday morning. Maybe it will at least warm up to zero or maybe even single digits. Even the dog doesn’t want to go out. Looking at your location, I’m assuming it might be cold there, too.

Sending healing thoughts your way and wishing you a very happy and healthy 2018! :martini::loveshwr:
 
Was a low key day! I had a magnificent sleep...primarily because hubby was up and out of the house by 5:30am for work so I then got to snooze with zero interruption. He's such an early riser so when he's home, bless his heart he tries to be quiet, but he really is like a bull in a China shop! Haha

Hip is sore today....it's 6weeks and I honestly hoped to be doing really well by now. All things considered, I'm sure I'm doing well for me, but it's hard to not compare. Blah blah blah just gotta take it in stride. I see my OS on the 18th so we shall see. In the meantime, I'm gearing up for my birthday which is on the 10th and my mom coming to visit for 3 days. She flys in on the 9th. It will be nice to celebrate my birthday with her...gosh I can't even remember the last time we were together for my birthday! It's not a great time of year to travel here with snowmaggedon...haha...but my mom needs to come meet Reiya-my granddaughter but her GREAT Granddaughter!!! Amazing!!!! My mom is 63 and in good health so I'm grateful she can come. She was last here in June for my youngest's highschool graduation. Gosh what a year...now that I'm reflecting...my last born graduated from highschool, I became a grandma, and I got a hip replacement! Unreal!!! So thankful though I'm on my two feet(albeit lopsided) with a heartbeat! Woop Woop! :happydance:
 
Time with your mom (and 4 generations together) sounds like just the ticket! Enjoy!
 
@SaraK I'm gonna try. To be honest, my mom and I are very different and have often had discord. I'm much more like my dad, the free spirit wild child! Haha But I have a deeper appreciation for her in recent years, to which I'm grateful for. ❤
 
Things do change with our parents as we all age. Mum even told me I grew up into quite a nice person :heehee: I was always the problem child. I hope it’s a nice visit for you. Good you had a good sleep.
 
Hip is sore today....it's 6weeks and I honestly hoped to be doing really well by now.
Still early days even at 6 weeks! Go back and read your thread from the beginning. You will see how many significant milestones you have accomplished in just 6 weeks.

You will continue to see progress - even 12 months out.
 
It's tough at this stage. The changes are so dramatic early on. Then you start feeling as though nothing is happening. Believe me, you are still very much in healing mode. Baby that hip for now and it will thank you with years of activity.
 
@Jaycey You nailed it-that is exactly how I'm feeling....like nothing is happening! Recovery feels stagnant....nothing is worse, yet nothing is better.
 
It’s great that nothing is worse @danabanana, and as you said, you are doing great for you. You’ve had a couple of colds which can set you back and it sounded like getting back on other meds also knocked you back. Rest up o you will have some energy for your mom’s visit. I think it is great she can come to see you and the little one.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom