THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

Since it’s your progress I would guess you are where you should be. While we are similar in our recoveries, it is also a bit individual.
 
Just a suggestion, Dana .... it may help you notice your improvement,
I used to gauge mine by weekends. Usually everyone is around on weekends and you can recall from the previous weekend what you've improved on. At least I found that. It's easier than trying to remember last Mon, Tues, Wed.

Something else that I realize you're aware of......TRY to focus on this when discouraged:
You were sidelined when you were suffering without your Crohn's meds. And now once again with the cold.
Both wear you down, causing you to want to lay around more, stalling progress you may have noticed otherwise.

I'll bet once your cold breaks you'll feel like a new woman. A pretty holiday sweater, a sexy up-do, a little
make-up and a glass of vino and you'll be like this :egypdance::happydance::dancy::spin:

Hugs till you get there :console2:
@danabanana
 
Cold has broke some so I went to the mall (GASP) with hubby and my oldest son. It was a hike from the parking lot to the store, then one wing and back out...obviously pausing at times to shop. I used my cane so that was nice....though I did feel a bit more wobbly than I would have liked, it wasn't too bad. My knee definitely isn't happy with things and my groin now feels tight, sore, and aching, but it felt good to get out. I was a snail and my leg felt like a million pounds by the time I got back into the vehicle....so much so that it took 90% more effort to get out of the vehicle and into the house than it took when we left. I'm hoping this will have exhausted me enough that tonight I'll sleep well because I had the worst insomnia last night. Absolutely everything and anything that I could think of at another time, I thought about ALL. NIGHT. LONG! Seriously. Hubby woke up around 5:30 to pee and when he climbed back in he was rustling around to get comfy, I startled him when I said "Hi baby....I'm still awake." hahaha

Anyhow...I'm pooped! Both literally and figuratively hahaha
 
Well, I'm definitely feeling my adventure from yesterday. I'm pooped and sore, so I'm consoling myself with choccie. Hehehe
[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
I totally get pooped the day after a big outing! I find that it's not so much the exercise but the people. I can do chilling out in nature but gettting groceries or having conversations exhausts me.

Rest up and listen to that body!
 
Thanks @beckylou today has been chill for the most part. I'm hoping tomorrow's houseful won't be too overwhelming.....oh well, at least I'm not cooking or cleaning. Haha
 
Hope you are feeling better @danabanana! I've been getting more in the holiday spirit the last couple of days with my kids home and baking lots of cookies. I've wrapped all the gifts, just need to grocery shop for the dinner hubby is cooking tomorrow. There's even a little bit of fresh snow in the forecast. I hope you and your family have a wonder Christmas!
 
Hope the rest you got yesterday helped.
If the hosuseful of people gets to be too much today
you can always retreat for a little snooze.
Hope you have a wonderful day with loved ones, Dana.
Hugs and Happy Christmas! @danabanana
 
Hi @danabanana hope your feeling better. Some of your posts just make me giggle so much, especially that photo of you with large tumbler (OF SOMETHING) and your comment about 'nothing going on here...nothing at all'
Course we all believed you. NOT. I haven't posted for a while and just catching up, those photos of your granddaughter are beautiful. Hope you get some rest over Christmas even though it must be lovely having family round. Happy Christmas.
 
@jaydub63 feel free to pass along some of those cookies...I LOVEEEE cookies. I've even got my cookie monster colours pj pants on mmmmm cookies Nom Nom Nom! Hehe I still have to wrap, my least favorite part. It's always a big ordeal that involves a continuous cycle of finding, losing, finding, losing, finding, and losing the scissors and tape....as I repeatedly exclaim, "I JUST had it...where the :censored:
did you :censored: go, now!" hahahaha
I do find sipping a rum and eggnog helps however. Hahaha

@Layla thank you sweets! The rest was good but I ended up still not resting enough. I'm in pain today which began in the night. I can't weight bare so I definitely overdid things the past two days. Super sharp pain on the outside back of my thigh when I walk so I'm having to eat my words today-pain means STOP! So STOP I will. Ugh. I hope I didn't do any damage. It's not a muscle pain, so it's a bit worrisome. I haven't had sharp pain since the early days! I also had a rough night thanks to that visitor us not yet menopausal women get every month. I was up every 2 hrs dealing with that! Thankfully the company doesn't ascend until much later.. So my plan by then is to be a large glass into the Vino hahaha *hiccup*:cheers2:

@Tomgirl so nice to see you!!!! I'm also happy to know I've brought you some giggles!!! :roseshwr: Hope you have a lovely time over Christmas. :santaclap:
 
Am I the only person who likes the wrapping process?? I love looking at all the cute papers (although I've had to cut myself off from buying more as I have enough to last the rest of my natural life). Gift bags are my friends too and I'm so happy when I have just the right tissue paper and tags to go with it. Of course this matters little on Christmas morning when it all ends up in a heap on the livingroom floor.

Wish I could send cookies @danabanana but they are disappearing as fast as I can make them!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
My MIL loves wrapping @jaydub63 She has 3 big totes that are all wrapping stuff. Bows, ribbons, papers, tissue...and no matter what, it feels like the supply never dwindles. Hahaha

Well I finished my wrapping. Only lost the scissors and tape 3 times and the pen twice. Hahaha
 
Back
Top Bottom