Guest viewing is limited

THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

Those are some handsome dudes you have there! Sending you some virtual Christmas cookies...
[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
Cute!
Not only the ears and noses but the sense of humor too.
Hope you're all having a very Merry Christmas, Dana!
@danabanana
 
Thanks @Layla ❤

Lazy day today. I woke up feeling really sore. My whole left hip and thigh is tender to touch so I've been icing it continuously. I'm sincerely hoping this passes because it's worrying me some. It's not just the aching and pain Ive been dealing with, this is different...it's not hurt to the touch since the first bit right after surgery. I didn't overdo it so I know it's not that but who knows. All I can do is wait and see.
 
Last edited:
Oh no Dana I hope you’re improving soon. Keep up the ice and rest! Healing thoughts and hugs headed your way :ice::angel:
 
Sure hope you catch a break today. Try not to get discouraged....
Sending good mojo your way:friends:
 
I hope your pain has eased as the days gone on. If not, and you’re still worried it might be worth ringing the ward/PT and talking to them.
 
Oh, @danabanana - hate to hear this! Hope you're feeling better today! If not, please check in with Dr before long holiday weekend comes!:friends:
 
Hi @danabanana
Hoping the sleep overnight has helped...please update us.....we're concerned. You've got fans, darling Dana.
If the pain is the same, or worse, I agree with Jackie and Sara you may want to check in with
your OS's office. It could give you peace of mind. Prayers it's greatly improved or gone.
Sending a hug your way :console2:
 
OS said to give it some time with ice and Tylenol. If it doesn't improve even mildly over the weekend or grows worse, I'll need to go in for a peek
There's nothing sharp going on...just this really intense hurt to touch pain on the whole side. Imagine its like I've been hit super hard on the side and now it's like an enormous bruise type pain....but no bruise. *Sigh* I don't know lol I'm just at a loss. Trying not to be a hypochondriac here but I'm just concerned that theres a problem with the implant...maybe an infection or rejection starting cuz this pain just came on? My incision has been fine so I though infection risk was null now. @Josephine should I worry or relax?

Keep in mind my Crohns can create issues....seeing as I just had that quadruple dose of Humira that tells my immune system to calm the heck down, it can then turn it off for too much making me it easier to get sick with other bugs and infections. For instance.....a common cold turns into pneumonia in me or best case, the cold just takes.3x as long to clear up. So my timeline for healing from anything is 3-5x longer than "normal" peeps.

Anyhow....thank you, each of you, for checking on me and encouraging me and caring for me. It means so much. I'm so thankful!!!

Now...I'm just focusing on the positive. Like someday soon, I'll be able to pole dance for my husband. Hahahaha I seriously want to take lessons.... Why not? It's good exercise!:rotfl:

Love you all!!! :loveshwr:
 
Last edited:
Would you consider tagging Jo to see if there could be some type of deep bruising you can feel but not see?
I recall many years ago I was at a dance recital for my daughter and really rammed into a seat with the front of my thigh in a dark auditorium. I don't recall if it bruised or not but it was sore for months! I found it strange and then just realized one day it was gone. That came to mind when you mentioned it's sore to the touch but you don't see anything. There may be a simple answer, don't know, wish I did so I could help. @danabanana
 
@Layla thanks Hun, okay I went back and tagged Jo. I feel silly but I am concerned, as is hubby...and I'm seriously downplaying it to him cuz he's got so much on his plate right now.:sad:
 
Last edited:
Jo won't mind. Plus remember we all learn from these questions. I'm sure you've found answers within the forum at times. I know I did.

I was a months long lurker trying to strike up the courage to schedule surgery. I'd come here to make myself see that if all these people can do it, so can I. I used to do a lot of this :bawl: here as a lurker. Not even kidding! I was limping around in pain but too afraid to do anything about it.

I've learned so much thru Jo's experience and commentary. One of the most interesting things I learned was an explanation she posted somewhere within the last couple weeks on how the femur is prepared for the stem. It was very interesting. Although I didn't like thinking about it happening to my femur. :holysheep:

I'm sure Jo is sleeping now, maybe 2:30 am or so her time?

Prayers it eases, Sweets :console2:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom