THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

Sorry to hear you have picked up a cold @danabanana . They sure can knock you for a loop it seems. Best to just use the time to get lots of rest, ice and elevating in and that should help yournhip plus your cold. And don’t forget a bit of patience and plenty of fluids mixed in there as well. Sending happy, healing thoughts your way that you will soon feel LOTS better! :loveshwr:
 
When it rains it pours! Doesn't it feel that way @danabanana
As if surgery / recovery and Crohn's suffering without the meds isn't enough!
Hopefully the nasty cold is short lived so you can enjoy the holiday weekend.
Stay warm and cozy, drink lots of fluids, get tons of rest.
Easier said than done when you can't breathe :tantrum:
Sending a hug....
 
Thank you everyone. Inbetween fresh ginger and honey tea and cold medicine, I've been sawing logs all day. Not the most restful as I'm fevered too, but sleeping is the best cure so I'm hoping it helps bust this bug into the next millennium.

Anyhow, waving at you all from my bed, Kleenex shoved up my nose. Hubby poked his head in recently and quickly ran away....not sure the problem here, as I'm sure I look mad sexy all unshowered and snotty! Hahahaha
 
Last edited:
[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
Oh my gosh, you're such a goon! You are free entertainment!
Sure hope you're feeling better after all the sleep and Ginger Honey tea. Love fresh Ginger!
Hoping that fever broke. Keep us posted.....
Sending a big hug and lotsa love :console2: :loveshwr:
@danabanana
 
Last edited:
*Sniffle sniffle sneeze snort hack* Hi from my bed of tissues and misery. I'm not a good patient today. My legs are restless so I can't sleep and I have some anxiety popping up which is from the decongestant I've had to take. I always forget that about decongestant but was desperate to, ya know like, BREATH, that I swallowed it down like a desperate Beverly Hills housewife! Hahaha :rotfl:

Hubby is off until Jan 1 and is in a good mood today....which makes up for how yesterday his grumpy pants were on and I was itching to light them on fire!!!! :hissy:My oldest son got off work early today and is now off for 5days so him and Hubby have toodled off to do some last minute Xmas shopping...which is the only type of Xmas shopping my hubby knows how to do. Every year is the same thing....2-4 days before Christmas...*poke poke* "Baby, what should I get so-in-so for Christmas?" (repeat, 10 or more times):oyvey:
Anyhow.....I was practising hobbling about minus a walking aid today. Felt okay albeit lopsided. This darn LLD is just frustrating me. I was googling up shoe lifts because there's no way I can mange any significant distance walking without getting super sore from the awkward balancing act. The google search then led to actual shoes with lifts that then led to warm vacation spots hahaha.....not sure how I ended up there but I was much happier looking at pictures of sandy beaches and sunshine than 300+ shoes and heal lifts! :rofsign:

So on that note...thank you ladies and @mcopt for your well-wishes and empathy. Means a lot to me!! :roseshwr:
 
Let's hope this is 2017 having it's final knock at you and that 2018 will be your year for healing and well being :yes!:
 
Poor, Dana you've had a bit of a rough ride.
Bet you're getting sick of your bed.
It will be nice for you to have the company of family over the next few days. That's unless hubby
decides to wear the grumpy pants again.

My husband is the same with shopping. Only he waits until
Christmas Eve day, my son does the same. Definitely a guy thing.

Hope you feel better after another night of rest. Hugs @danabanana
 
Gift bags.....throw it in the bag....DONE :yes!:
@mcopt
Don't mind us, Dana we're just adding a page to your thread :heehee:
 
Ha ha if the shops were open Christmas morning that would be my time ! We have a pact this year not to buy each other presents we recently moved house and have been spending like mad on house things so just the kids and grandchildren this year and no way would I be trusted to choose those presents !
 
Haha too funny. I admit before all this immobility hip garbage, I was majority a Christmas eve Shopper....BUT....I didn't run around with my head cut off! I found it quite simple... Less crowds and frantic drivers! I loved especially going to the couple big box stores that stay open 24hrs leading up to Christmas too, where I'd go in at 12am and have the pick of the store. Honestly, this is the only time I ever even remotely enjoyed shopping.

Anyhow, sipping my honey ginger tea. I'm determined to kick this bug before Sunday!
 
Don’t let lld get you down yet @danabanana. I’ve read on here Josephine and others saying they’re not a good idea to use early on. Hope you kick the worst of the cold before Christmas!
 
Patience-you are still early on. The next four weeks will bring many changes.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom