Guest viewing is limited

TKR Post-Op in Tel Aviv, Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again bassplayer, yes my check up was a few days early but after 5 and half weeks of wearing those tight elasticated stockings it was a blessing. I have not been on any pain relief for a while now, there is the "healing pain" and lots of niggles and sparkly feelings and clunks and clicks now and again, but no real debilitating pain.
My surgeon told me I wont get a straight leg until the left knee is done and he demonstrated why by standing up and showing me one of his legs bent and the other straight, I thought he looked funny but then I suppose I must do to others :rolleyes:. Nevermind he did reassure me that my ROM will continue to improve which is great news.
Hope everyone is feeling good, I had an amazing sleep last night with no elasticated stockings on :sleep: and after my shower got into a clean bed (up to now I have been sleeping on top) and the coolness of the sheets felt sooooo good.:)
Love to all,
Viv xx


How wonderful that you have been having so little pain! :) And great that you were able to stop with the stockings. I didn't wear them this time around once I was out of the hospital. Ahh cool sheets...lovely! :sleep:
 
Had my 6-week checkup today. I'd like to say first: I love my OS! He is wonderful! :) :) :)

I was so worried that he might make a negative comment about my lack of ROM, but he said that my ROM is at 85 degrees and 0 extension and that this is EXCELLENT! :yay: He went on to say that of course this will improve over the course of the year so he is very satisfied with my progress! And he was very happy with my other, now 7-month-out other knee as well. :yes!:

I told him that my PT wants me to use a cane in the house and the walker outside. He checked my gait and said that it's just fine, and will get even better. I no longer need the walker and the cane is optional as far as he's concerned. He prefers that I wait another month before I start driving and that is fine with me. I will keep working from home meanwhile and am in no rush to get back to the office. My next checkup is in another 6 weeks.

All in all, I am very happy with the way it went today! :SUNsmile:
 
Bassplayer,

It's great to hear how wonderful you are doing and that your OS is so happy with yur progress. Keep on slow and steady and you will be where you want in no time.
 
Hooray !!! So nice to hear good news ..hope you're celebrating with whatever makes you happy !:spin:
 
I am fine thanks bassplayer, I am driving just short journeys though and I dont walk with any walking aid. I can go upstairs normally and as of just now - I can walk downstairs normally too woo! hoo!:dancy:.
Its raining here constantly and I think the dampness adds to the twinges in my knee, I hear though that USA is having a heatwave in some parts and since we get the aftermath of that we are hoping for a good September at least.
My ROM is still not that good and until I get my other knee done there wont be any vast improvements but I am getting there.
Thanks for checking out my thread, I have to admit I dont seem to be adding anything on it, have to rectify that.....
Have a great day,
Love Viv xx
 
I am fine thanks bassplayer, I am driving just short journeys though and I dont walk with any walking aid. I can go upstairs normally and as of just now - I can walk downstairs normally too woo! hoo!:dancy:.
Its raining here constantly and I think the dampness adds to the twinges in my knee, I hear though that USA is having a heatwave in some parts and since we get the aftermath of that we are hoping for a good September at least.
My ROM is still not that good and until I get my other knee done there wont be any vast improvements but I am getting there.
Thanks for checking out my thread, I have to admit I dont seem to be adding anything on it, have to rectify that.....
Have a great day,
Love Viv xx

That's great news about the stairs. :)
I'm a bit fearful to try...

Did you get a date for your next TKR yet?
 
bassplayer, I came over to see how you are doing? I read about the OS not being happy about your Rom. Don't let it bother you. You still have plenty of time to get the number you want. The important part is that you are continue to improve. The stairs will come when its time and so will the driving. Keep posting so I know how you are doing. Take care. :puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:
 
bassplayer, I came over to see how you are doing? I read about the OS not being happy about your Rom. Don't let it bother you. You still have plenty of time to get the number you want. The important part is that you are continue to improve. The stairs will come when its time and so will the driving. Keep posting so I know how you are doing. Take care. :puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:

Tashia dear, I really appreciate your concern, and thank you! :)
But you did not read carefully. :scratch: I wrote this about what my OS said:

"...he said that my ROM is at 85 degrees and 0 extension and that this is EXCELLLENT!"

What do you possibly see here about him not being happy? THIS IS EXCELLENT!
 
You're doing well, bassplayer. You might use the cane for longer distances right now but it sounds like getting around the house generally you can phase out the aids.
 
You're doing well, bassplayer. You might use the cane for longer distances right now but it sounds like getting around the house generally you can phase out the aids.

Yes that is exactly what I'm doing now! It's great to move on and see progress! :)
 
You are doing great Bassplayer! I am happy that you are making such good progress! :)
 
Hi,

I'm 9 and a half months after my first TKR and 4 months after the second. Here's what's up with me these days:

I mostly walk unaided, and here and here use a cane if I'm very tired. The first knee is totally pain and stiffness free; the second one still can be stiff if I sit too long.

I have been taking time-release Tylenol at night. If I don't take it I tend to wake up more. And in general I am very tired at night and go to bed early since having gone back to work. Luckily, I'm able to work half-days there if I want, and can work from home. No one is counting the hours as long as I get my work done.

My main problem these days is a lack of stamina to walk more than a few blocks. It's not my knees that are having a problem - they are great! I just get out of breath easily and am simply not fit. I'm sure that this is because I had become very sedentary the last couple of years, what with having bone-on-bone pain and then recuperating from my TKRs.

I need to build up my endurance and don't know how to do it. Does anyone have experience with this? I so miss the days when I could walk as much as I wanted...hope I can get back to that...
 
I need to build up my endurance and don't know how to do it. Does anyone have experience with this? I so miss the days when I could walk as much as I wanted...hope I can get back to that...
Of course you can! Training is simple (not the same as easy!) you just keep doing a little bit more of what you want to do. A little bit more, every day. You know you've overdone it if you do more today and can't do it again tomorrow; if that happens, dial it down a bit.

For instance. As one gets older, strength declines. I was horrified a while ago to find I couldn't do a single press-up properly (just toes and hands on the ground) and had to do it with the knees on the deck. I now can do 9 proper press-ups, and do that 9 every day, as many times as convenient. But at least once a day! Then, when I can, it'll be 10, then 11, etc.
 
Bassplayer! Hi! So great to hear your update. I keep thinking that aquatics would be the best answer for me. There isn't anyplace close, though. I need to keep looking. Again, so good to *see* you!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom